The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

4 posters

More American children slaughtered at school.

trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

More American children slaughtered at school. Empty More American children slaughtered at school.

Post  trombettista_vecchio Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:24 pm

Isn't it time that we stop with the hypocritical hand-wringing?

This happens every few months and we do nothing about it.

We do nothing about it because this is who we are.

Stop pretending that we're better than this, because as Americans, we're obviously not.

Didn't 62,000,000 Americans think "President Trump" sounded like a good idea?
    What could be more psychotic than that?

We'll never know anything but insanity in America because too many of our people are repugnant troglodytes.

"Basket of deplorables" was putting it much too kindly.
    jt1135
    jt1135

More American children slaughtered at school. Empty Re: More American children slaughtered at school.

Post  jt1135 Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:45 pm

This is the end result of Big Brother telling people how to raise their children and holding nobody accountable for their own actions. Started all with Dr. Spock. We both agree this country is heading down the crapper albeit for different reasons.
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

More American children slaughtered at school. Empty Re: More American children slaughtered at school.

Post  trombettista_vecchio Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:28 pm

Many Americans are willing to endure an infinite number of these shootings, even with kids involved, rather than submit to any restrictions on their right to bear arms.

It doesn't make them wrong. It makes them people who want a different country than is wanted by the gun control advocates. I call the other side troglodytes, but the truth is, their opinion of me is no better than mine of them. I understand that. We just want different things and can't both have what we want living together.

The truth is that a huge number of beliefs and wants--not just guns-- line up pretty consistently between the right and the left.

The problem is one of people who don't belong living under the same government being forced to do so.

America is a failed experiment. Take your heads out of the sand.
    The USSR and Yugoslavia were partitioned so that people who are compatible have their own nations. The United States need to be partitioned as well.

You can't have a country where half of the people won't get along with the other half no matter which side is in power. That's no way for either side to live.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:56 pm

As far as I am concerned , if not war related then when one person is killed by senseless gun then it's one too many , Let alone killing the future of USA : our young kids. USA government had not done a damn thing to prevent the next killing by someone, that's so stupid. In Japan not even policemen allowed to carry gun. Singapore is the same . Last time in Shanghai I did not recall seeing any gun carried by police . Freedom has a price in USA and in the past few yrs our young high school kids are paying senselessly , don't tell me "guns don't kill" , don't give us that sh$$$$t , our kids are paying for no action done by USA government... I am ashamed to be an American at present
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:40 pm

You're talking about starting a whole new country, pky.

Owning guns are just as much an American right as free speech, the right of assembly, and all the other provisions in the Bill of Rights.

No civilian-owned guns, no America.

I'm not saying that's right or wrong. I'm just saying that's the fact.

Susceptibility to getting your ass capped, whether you're an adult, child, or anything else, is a basic part of being American.  Americans want it that way. That's what Americans are.

Maybe the Northeast or West Coast are a little different, but we don't belong in the same country as the South or Middle America.  We're different people with totally different values. We're not really "America."  We're a little more evolved than that.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:56 pm

The two real political parties in America are the Winners and the Losers. The people don’t acknowledge this. They claim membership in two imaginary parties, the Republicans and the Democrats, instead.
    Kurt Vonnegut
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:28 pm

jt1135 wrote:The two real political parties in America are the Winners and the Losers. The people don’t acknowledge this. They claim membership in two imaginary parties, the Republicans and the Democrats, instead.
                                                                                             Kurt Vonnegut

Vonnegut's theory doesn't explain poor conservatives and wealthy liberals, both of which exist in great numbers. Ideology actually exists.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:33 pm

trombettista_vecchio wrote:You're talking about starting a whole new country, pky.

Owning guns are just as much an American right as free speech, the right of assembly, and all the other provisions in the Bill of Rights.

No civilian-owned guns, no America.

I'm not saying that's right or wrong. I'm just saying that's the fact.

Susceptibility to getting your ass capped, whether you're an adult, child, or anything else, is a basic part of being American.  Americans want it that way. That's what Americans are.

Maybe the Northeast or West Coast are a little different, but we don't belong in the same country as the South or Middle America.  We're different people with totally different values. We're not really "America."  We're a little more evolved than that.

Vecchio : I realize that, I am just a dreamer, I just wanna vent... It's so SAD to think that whose kids would be killed next by senseless "freedom to carry guns" ,,, I am sick in my stomach
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:54 am

Instead of a gun would it be better with a homemade bomb or how about driving a car into a crowd of kids. If dumb asses want to do something like that they will find a way. If they use a car, are we going to ban all vehicles from the school parking lot? Gun control is just one cog in the downfall of our society. As long as we as a nation insist on kissing every minorities ass (and I don't mean just race) we are fucked. Do the needs of one outweigh the needs of many?
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:48 pm

jt1135 wrote:As long as we as a nation insist on kissing every minorities ass (and I don't mean just race) we are fucked.  Do the needs of one outweigh the needs of many?

Not abusing or discriminating against a minority (and I don't mean just race) is not equivalent to kissing their asses.
    But race isn't a non-issue by a long shot.

Trump-voting nationalists are struggling with the fact that the combination of African Americans, Latinos, Native Americans, and Asian Americans are on the precipice of outnumbering Euro-Americans on our voting rolls. If you're like me and hold coastal rather than middle American values, this does not present much of a problem. The people of flyover country who produce our food are very important, but they hold not even vaguely similar core values to those of us who live near the nation's great cultural centers.

It's hard to blame anybody that we're two very different separate sets of people trying with little success to live under the same laws and government. It's less a matter of right and wrong than simply wanting much different things. I don't see a remedy. The republic is indeed fucked.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:50 am

trombettista_vecchio wrote:
    jt1135 wrote:The two real political parties in America are the Winners and the Losers. The people don’t acknowledge this. They claim membership in two imaginary parties, the Republicans and the Democrats, instead.
                                                                                             Kurt Vonnegut

Vonnegut's theory doesn't explain poor conservatives and wealthy liberals, both of which exist in great numbers. Ideology actually exists.

An actual Ivy Leaguer would never have failed so miserably at writing a sentence.  I'm guessing Babson or a low level high school, if any.

In his first year Trump has fixed the economy, seized a nuclear threat, taken on trade injustice and engaged immigration and the evil media.  

It takes time for history to distill accomplishment and failure, perhaps because present day contains so many idiots, example above. Ah, failure, a word with which you can surely relate.
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:12 pm

"In his first year Trump has fixed the economy, seized a nuclear threat, taken on trade injustice and engaged immigration and the evil media."  

In a way, it's good that they have wi fi in assisted living residences . By the same token, however, it means that we have to read things
    like the above.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:34 am