The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

2 posters

To ALL golf Pros and Club Builders out there...

Pky6471
    Pky6471

To ALL golf Pros and Club Builders out there... Empty To ALL golf Pros and Club Builders out there...

Post  Pky6471 Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:35 am

I wanna bend my 7i to the loft of 6i ... but Golf Galaxy is afraid to take this challenge because they don't want to take chance of snapping my Cobra S2 cast ỉons

So, if I took my 6i and cut it down to the length of 7i ,  then would it be the same as "playing 7i with stronger loft? " ,,, (I don't like to choke down 6i - just not comfortable... and I tend to hit high due to my lousy 'angle of attack' ... so stronger loft would give me better distance and I KNOW I still have plenty of height)

Thoughts????

=========================================

Talked to the teaching Pros and club builder at local Golf Galaxy and he told me that the effect is very minimum
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

To ALL golf Pros and Club Builders out there... Empty Re: To ALL golf Pros and Club Builders out there...

Post  Mongrel Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:11 am

No problem. Going from 6 iron length to 7 iron length means approximately 1/2 inch off the butt end and a typical swing weight change of three points. Whenever a club is shortened, head weight must be increased to bring the swing weight up to where it was before the shaft was cut. The easiest way to do this is by applying lead tape to the back of the club head. A roll of lead tape is cheap. Maybe eight bucks, and there's enough to experiment on lots of clubs.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

To ALL golf Pros and Club Builders out there... Empty Re: To ALL golf Pros and Club Builders out there...

Post  Pky6471 Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:07 am

Thanks Mongrel... I may try that Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:59 am