The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

3 posters

Mass shooting in Vegas...50+ dead

trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Mass shooting in Vegas...50+ dead Empty Mass shooting in Vegas...50+ dead

Post  trombettista_vecchio Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:29 am

Every time something like this happens, the gun control nuts start crawling out from under their rocks. They have to be the slowest learners in the world. Nothing is going to change. It never does.

Getting gunned down for absolutely no reason is a unique feature of being American. Like the absence of universal health insurance, no access to affordable education, and virulent racism, it's all a part of what we proudly call "American Exceptionalism."

The US may well be the most valuable tract of real estate on the planet. That's certainly not why America sucks. America sucks because Americans suck--possibly the dumbest fucks anywhere. 62,000,000 of us voted for Donald Fucking Trump!

If I were an American cockroach, I'd resent having to share oxygen with American humans. As an American human, I resent having to share oxygen with a huge percentage of the other ones.

By the way, my Colt Gold Cup and my Ruger M44 carbine are both loaded and ready to go. I'm American.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Mass shooting in Vegas...50+ dead Empty So Sad....

Post  Pky6471 Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:14 pm

I am told that one of the reasons why Japan and Singapore are safer because NO ONE is allowed to carry guns - UNLESS you are in the army. I was in Japan last April and policemen don't carry gun.

Right or wrong , the 'right to bear arms' has a price to pay... civilians... IMO one death is one too many
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Mass shooting in Vegas...50+ dead Empty Re: Mass shooting in Vegas...50+ dead

Post  trombettista_vecchio Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:10 pm

Pky6471 wrote:I am told that one of the reasons why Japan and Singapore are safer because NO ONE is allowed to carry guns - UNLESS you are in the army.   I was in Japan last April and policemen don't carry gun.

Right or wrong , the 'right to bear arms' has a price to pay... civilians... IMO one death is one too many

The American people have made that decision, P.  The vast majority of our citizens are more willing to be vulnerable to shootings than to be unarmed themselves.  It's our culture.  We cap each others' asses.  That's what Americans do.  How many examples do you need?

Maybe we're overthinking everything.  If we eliminate subjective things like faith, prejudices, and speculation, empirical evidence supports only ONE theory:

The entire universe and all that occurs within it are nothing more than the random confluence of sub-atomic particles.  We can believe that we're empowered to manifest ideas, but those fucking particles do what they're going to do.  If something is physically possible for protons, electrons, and neutrons to do, they're going to do it--an infinite number of times over eternity.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:51 pm

This is where I and most I know break with Republicans. Most of us support low clip handguns but with higher hurdles to get them and NO attack weapons or anything else capable of creating mass harm as opposed to defense.

I have a conceal permit and carry most days but I despise the NRA and knee jerk bear arms folks. Nuts happen, it’s the gun people responsible for the harm.

A friend of the family was shot in LV. She is going to be ok although she and her family may be affected for generations.
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:42 am

Even in your feeble attempts to be reasonable, Lorenzo, you're still full of shit.

Susceptibility to being shot is, like no universal healthcare, no affordable education, and plenty of racism,  one of the absolute realities of "American Fucking Exceptionalism."  

Americans cap each other's asses.
    It's who we are. It's who we've always been.
    It's what we do. It's what we've always done.
    Failure to accept this is a failure to live in reality.

I own seventeen firearms.
    They do not comprise an arsenal of AR-15s.
    Apropos of a collection, they're all different.

I do not hunt, and I chase varmints off my land with my dog rather than shoot them.
    I do not carry a weapon for personal protection.
    (When I was much younger, I did carry a lethal left hook.)

I do shoot at my club, although not nearly often enough to practically justify the dues that I pay for the privilege. I'm American, at least in terms of nationality if not ethnicity. I live in a nation that's just new enough not to have been formed with swords and lances. I have the personal character flaw of enjoying guns because I'm American. It's an embarrassing reality, like Argentines and Finns doing the tango.

By the way, I would not admit to having a friend who went to a country music concert.

Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:06 am

Ironic how liberals and the Dems stand for hate, intolerance, superiority, are completely distorted from reality and pathetically feeble in their command of facts as opposed to dogma.  The only liberal exceptions are those motivated solely by self-interest (selfishness).

The good thing is the former are dying off (look at Congress lol).  Your collective, mass, spoiled tantrum only exposes you, hastens the process and illustrates to people who can actually think for themselves how unworthy you ever were of leadership or respect.  

Tragic to claim high ground from the sewer, intelligence from stupidity and blindness, independence from hysteria and a lack of insight or independent analysis.  Say hello to your fellow effluence for me, would 'ya.   Sad, stupid, pathetic old morons.  

It's been a joy watching you and the rest of your fools self-destruct.  

And sorry (not) for invading your life delusion with reality.  Choosing stupidity is the unifying trait of you and your ilk. And this psycho beat yo to it...just one more thing to be angry about to add to your long list of life failures. Until very recent times those who were failures were pushed aside without voice. Today they type and vote.
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:45 am

Thanks, Lorenzo.

I forgot that you write English as a second language.

While you're not particularly good at it, I suppose you deserve a modicum of credit for trying.

I may not give you credit for that, but I certainly give you credit for the argument you make--indeed, the argument you are--for Trump's anti-immigration policy.

Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:47 pm

trombettista_vecchio wrote:Thanks, Lorenzo.

I forgot that you write English as a second language.

While you're not particularly good at it, I suppose you deserve a modicum of credit for trying.

I may not give you credit for that, but I certainly give you credit for the argument you make--indeed, the argument you are--for Trump's anti-immigration policy.

Love you Nance.  I say that because over the years your posts reflect one central theme.  Hatred.  And the core of your hatred is self-hatred.  Do you know why I don't get insulted at what you say and what people like you do?  Mostly because my beliefs have a solid foundation.  Even then I approach things with an open mind before deciding.  I don't let hate tell me what to do and I'm secure enough to revise my beliefs.  

I appreciate the level of wit you have, your ways of expressing. But your hatred has sent you down a road filled with carnival mirrors.  Your hatred is rivaled only by your fear.

What you really need is to be loved but you feel you don't deserve it.  Well...you do.  Everyone does.  But you won't accept it if you don't stop hating yourself.  Seriously, stop despising yourself.  As a pseudo Italian, I get it.  Tough to escape that with self-love, self-esteem and a healthy mind.

You don't have long left, really, none of us do.  Choose to make the most of each day.  They're gifts.  If you try to exercise love and understanding which is what your generation once was about, it will return to you and as I've said, you deserve it.  All the best my friend.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:21 am