The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

3 posters

The Solution to Healthcare Has been Figured Out By EVERYBODY ELSE.

trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

The Solution to Healthcare Has been Figured Out By EVERYBODY ELSE. Empty The Solution to Healthcare Has been Figured Out By EVERYBODY ELSE.

Post  trombettista_vecchio Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:13 am

Health care and market solutions are together in this sentence.

THAT SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN.

There is no example of successful free market healthcare anyplace in the entire world.

The Untied States--and let's be honest, they're not really united--seem to comprise the only country in the world that's still trying.

I've got to stop watching cable news all day, because I just seethe whenever a Republican opens his or her mouth. Hating people hurts the hater much more than the hated, and as a result, I'm damned close to dead. That's how much boiling I've been doing. And I'm only hurting myself more.

Pky6471
    Pky6471

The Solution to Healthcare Has been Figured Out By EVERYBODY ELSE. Empty Re: The Solution to Healthcare Has been Figured Out By EVERYBODY ELSE.

Post  Pky6471 Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:52 am

I could be wrong but IMO we want everything in USA but most don't wanna pay more taxes.... Taxes in Canada are higher so are countries in Europe. I am pretty someone would take the advantage or benefit from it (entitlement if U will) , but no system is perfect without loophole, trump used it for his advantage in filing of his tax return. IMO, USA is in a political mess and we are losing our image as a world leader... but that's only one man opinion bounce
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

The Solution to Healthcare Has been Figured Out By EVERYBODY ELSE. Empty Re: The Solution to Healthcare Has been Figured Out By EVERYBODY ELSE.

Post  trombettista_vecchio Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:12 pm

Conservatives loathe taxes, and so do non-ideologues who are unsophisticated about the details of political and social issues.

If we pay for our healthcare with discretionary premium payments, than half of the money at least goes to corporate profits for insurance companies and astronomical CEO salaries. Also, the young and healthy aren't contributing to the pool, and when they get old and sick, nobody is going to help them, either.

If we pay for our healthcare through mandatory taxes, then the money ALL goes to healthcare--more bang for the buck, especially when you add in the economies of scale.

These is no American ethnicity, just nationality. Americans are not only diverse racially, ethnically, and religiously, but most importantly of all, ideologically.  At least half of us hate the government no matter who is in power.  The people here in New England may as well be a different species from the people in red state Middle America.  There is no American consensus about anything.  We are not debating the means to common goals anymore.  We have different goals, and thus, nobody is really right or wrong.  We want totally different things.

The answer is that there is no answer.  America was one of mankind's most noble experiments, but 250 years in, that experiment is failing miserably. We have a stomach turning orange buffoon in the Oval Office, but much worse than that, we simply don't like one another.  Further, immigrants from America are not welcome in more civilized nations, so there's no way out. We can't even partition like the Soviet Union did, because the distribution of nuclear weapons would become an unsolvable issue. If it weren't for that, we'd get along much better as neighbors and trading partners than we do as fellow citizens under the same laws and tax codes.  WE DON'T WANT THE SAME THINGS.

All we can do is encourage the young people not to procreate. If they do, their progeny will live in a post apocalyptic America.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:18 pm

For those who'd prefer the abridged version:

WAAAAHHH!!! BOO HOO!!!! WAHHHHH!!! That pretty much covers it. Oh wait… there was also: when people don't agree with me I'm taking my toys and going home…

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:27 am