The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

3 posters

You guys , girls , AC-DC still alive?

Pky6471
    Pky6471

You guys , girls , AC-DC still alive? Empty You guys , girls , AC-DC still alive?

Post  Pky6471 Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:15 pm

... after all the sh$$$$t from Baltimore, upstate NY and now Dallas TX... what the helllll is going on?
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

You guys , girls , AC-DC still alive? Empty Re: You guys , girls , AC-DC still alive?

Post  Mongrel Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:12 pm

Upstate: Home Depot should use those two escapees in a small power tool TV ad campaign.

Dallas: Haven't had a chance to follow that story yet. Might be bikers getting revenge for the big roust up in Wacko. Doubt if it was revenge for the Cartoon Contest since local moslems don't have the gray matter necessary to make armored vans and reliable remotely controlled pipe bombs.

Baltimore: Down here, inside the city limits of Baltimore is an area frequently referred to as "Planet of The Apes". Of course, this is demeaning to our Simian cousins. A couple of Hellfires launched from UAVs at several intersections in West Baltimore would go a long way.

I've been playing a round of golf every weekend. Not well, though. This year with my Ping G15 driver, I have been 10-40 yards longer than the past few years. But every time I crank one 260 or 270 on a par 4 with 100 or fewer yards left, I hit a wedge fat or shank it and end up with bogey or worse. Putting has been totally on and totally off. In the same round. Last week at the Links at Gettysburg, I hit a par 5 in two shots and just missed the 18 foot eagle putt. Prior to that hole, I had not hit a par 5 in two since 1991.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

You guys , girls , AC-DC still alive? Empty Re: You guys , girls , AC-DC still alive?

Post  Pky6471 Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:25 pm

Mongrel wrote:Upstate: Home Depot should use those two escapees in a small power tool TV ad campaign.

Dallas: Haven't had a chance to follow that story yet. Might be bikers getting revenge for the big roust up in Wacko. Doubt if it was revenge for the Cartoon Contest since local moslems don't have the gray matter necessary to make armored vans and reliable remotely controlled pipe bombs.

Baltimore: Down here, inside the city limits of Baltimore is an area frequently referred to as "Planet of The Apes". Of course, this is demeaning to our Simian cousins. A couple of Hellfires launched from UAVs at several intersections in West Baltimore would go a long way.

I've been playing a round of golf every weekend. Not well, though. This year with my Ping G15 driver, I have been 10-40 yards longer than the past few years. But every time I crank one 260 or 270 on a par 4 with 100 or fewer yards left, I hit a wedge fat or shank it and end up with bogey or worse. Putting has been totally on and totally off. In the same round. Last week at the Links at Gettysburg, I hit a par 5 in two shots and just missed the 18 foot eagle putt. Prior to that hole, I had not hit a par 5 in two since 1991.

At your age , 250+ yds drive is awesome. I have not played much this yr, 2 rounds so far, very rusty around greens. Got an almost new Nickent putter, it tells me when I hit the sweet spot, so that the gơod sign. Have not played it on a course yet so I can't really tell
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:41 pm

I think I am the longest old guy in our group now. All it took was that Ping driver on Ebay from 3Balls golf. I got it cheap, I think, because someone had reshafted it with a Callaway RIP regular flex shaft. All I did was cut it down to around 45" from 46.25" as it came and stick a new grip on it. I won't even think of reshafting this one.

As for putters, several weeks ago I bought a used Mizuno Bettinardi Black Carbon 6 blade putter at the local Golf Galaxy. It putted great in the store and on the practice greens. I played three rounds with it and made no bombs but did lag it up to tap in range from 40-60 feet several times. Nevertheless, it failed to make a couple of shortish birdie putts and that eagle putt. So this afternoon, I went back to the Golf Galaxy with it and traded it on a used Odyssey White Hot Pro #7. The fang putter like Luke Donald and Poulter and some others have used. I have a couple of old models with inserts but this one feels real good. If I can make some damn putts, I can maybe win some money.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:55 am

Mongrel wrote:I think I am the longest old guy in our group now. All it took was that Ping driver on Ebay from 3Balls golf. I got it cheap, I think, because someone had reshafted it with a Callaway RIP regular flex shaft. All I did was cut it down to around 45" from 46.25" as it came and stick a new grip on it. I won't even think of reshafting this one.

As for putters, several weeks ago I bought a used Mizuno Bettinardi Black Carbon 6 blade putter at the local Golf Galaxy. It putted great in the store and on the practice greens. I played three rounds with it and made no bombs but did lag it up to tap in range from 40-60 feet several times. Nevertheless, it failed to make a couple of shortish birdie putts and that eagle putt. So this afternoon, I went back to the Golf Galaxy with it and traded it on a used Odyssey White Hot Pro #7. The fang putter like Luke Donald and Poulter and some others have used. I have a couple of old models with inserts but this one feels real good. If I can make some damn putts, I can maybe win some money.

as I said before... correct shaft is 90% of the engine for our swing and we don't have the luxury to get free custom fits like those Pros
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:12 am

The illness of Malcolm Young was devastating to the band, but brother Angus rocks on.

I was never big on guitar rock. The N'Awlins piano and horns sound was more my bag.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:32 pm

I was and am more into guitar blues than rock guitar-wise. I've been a Doctor John fan since the '60's. One of my current guitar favs, John Scofield, sometimes plays with funky N.O. influenced keyboard and horn players and he studied at the real Berklee College near you. Not the diploma mill out in north Kalifornia.
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:30 pm

Mongrel wrote:I was and am more into guitar blues than rock guitar-wise. I've been a Doctor John fan since the '60's. One of my current guitar favs, John Scofield, sometimes plays with funky N.O. influenced keyboard and horn players and he studied at the real Berklee College near you. Not the diploma mill out in north Kalifornia.

Scofield can play. I speak about the New Orleans style, which is driven by piano and horns, but they have their guitar players, too. Deacon John, Mem Shannon, June Yagamishi, and Leo Nocentelli are just a few of the good ones.

Dr. John is one of my favorite artists regardless of music genre. I just need subtitles when he talks, sometimes.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:45 am