The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+2
Pky6471
Mongrel
6 posters

Is this site dying?

Pky6471
    Pky6471

Is this site dying? Empty Is this site dying?

Post  Pky6471 Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:56 am

I played my first round last Monday - granted it's a difficult and challenging golf course (home course of U of Delaware), rarely U would have a flat lie - my short game around greens needs a lot of practice after a long winter spell... But I am glad that I could play... I just have to play more and get back into the game
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Is this site dying? Empty Re: Is this site dying?

Post  Mongrel Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:31 pm

It may just be you and I left on this planet. Tony posts his regular LPGA stuff but he might be, in reality, a digital construct. After firing a sporty 125 several Saturdays ago, I got the lies and lofts on my new (used) set of Adams forged irons adjusted the day before I played this past Saturday. Improved by 37 strokes and could have been a few more if I had not missed putts ranging for 8 feet to 1.25 inches. Amazing how a set of irons can go from unplayable to nearly perfect just by bending each one a few degrees hear and there.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:03 pm

Mongrel wrote:It may just be you and I left on this planet. Tony posts his regular LPGA stuff but he might be, in reality, a digital construct. After firing a sporty 125 several Saturdays ago, I got the lies and lofts on my new (used) set of Adams forged irons adjusted the day before I played this past Saturday. Improved by 37 strokes and could have been a few more if I had not missed putts ranging for 8 feet to 1.25 inches. Amazing how a set of irons can go from unplayable to nearly perfect just by bending each one a few degrees hear and there.
    Totally agree , IMO the lie is more important than the loft... I play 2-degree upright, My Cobra S2 irons are stronger loft by design anyway... Keep it up... I should be playing at the Pilgrims' oak soon
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:45 pm

Been an up and down season so far, but it is early. We usually don't play in April much. I've been checking in about every day but the only thing I see is tony's usual.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:19 am

I still check in to see what's happening but seriously this site has been dying for the last two years. disappointed

Join up at Golfwrx under the same user names. Then at least what's left of the old GR crew can still chat.

My login over there is Kiwihacker, Oldplayer, Lord helmet and Not a Hacker (though his username is Playa) are there.

Mongrel I'm positive you'd love the equipment forum over there. Wink
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:41 am

I look at stuff on that site frequently. Usually by googling what I'm interested in at the moment like "flatter lie angle for sand wedge" or something and usually find an abundance of posts over there. And most of them are intelligent and frequently helpful. But I am sort of reluctant to register on any more sites now. And I'm trying to simplify my golf equipment fetish to where I can basically forget what 14 I have in my bag and just go play them without any more reshafting, weight adjustments, lie and/or loft adjustments etc.

And I really hate having to substitute punctuation marks or other symbols for vowels when I feel like typing a word like "shit" or "piss" in my post. Or having to use the standard English substitutes like "feces" or "urine".
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:56 am

Mongrel wrote:
    And I really hate having to substitute punctuation marks or other symbols for vowels when I feel like typing a word like "shit" or "piss" in my post. Or having to use the standard English substitutes like "feces" or "urine".

Yeah, WRX is a bit......uptight. I got blasted a few months ago for putting 'ass' in a post. and don't say anything negative about Tiger, either.

I'm on there frequently as this site has dried up. It's good for technical info, but it seems there are very few with a sense of humor.

Meanwhile, thank goodness I had the advantage of playing all winter. My game has been on from the get-go and the guys in my leagues are already grumbling at me. Tough shit on them! hee hee hee!!!!
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:11 pm

In that my golf is entirely social and recreational, which it has to be because I really suck these days after having been an eight, I don't visit golf sites for golf. I visit here occasionally to say hello to you fellows.

Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:31 pm

My golf these days is also social and recreational but there is always some money available to the top two or three in our competitions. I have accepted that, at 68, I have a hard time competing with guys 20 to 30 years younger who have jobs that enable them to play a couple of times per week. I have fun anyway.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:27 pm