The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+4
Lorenzzo
jt1135
Horseballs
tonyj5
8 posters

Why the LPGA is the Fastest Rising Tour

tonyj5
    tonyj5

Why the LPGA is the Fastest Rising Tour Empty Why the LPGA is the Fastest Rising Tour

Post  tonyj5 Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:18 pm

The LPGA Pro Golf's fastest Rising Tour?
    If I said that 5 years ago you would have laughed at me. You can't now as the LPGA has not only become the fastest rising pro golf tour, but it just might be the fastest growing tour in all of sports.

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2015/01/why-lpga-is-pro-golfs-fastest-rising.html
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Why the LPGA is the Fastest Rising Tour Empty Re: Why the LPGA is the Fastest Rising Tour

Post  Horseballs Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:33 pm

I don't know if I agree with how you're measuring "fastest rising," and I'm certainly not clicking on your link to find out.

I've got nothing against the LPGA and as a fan of golf wish them nothing but the best. But that tour isn't close to being in the mainstream consciousness. I guarantee my wife couldn't name a single active player on the LPGA. I can't name a single title sponsor/venue, unless the WBO is still sponsored by Wheatabix (but I don't even know what Wheatabix is, possibly a cereal?).

Who are they marketing to? Women don't watch sports, men don't watch women's sports. I believe the LPGA is killing it in S. Korea and Japan. Maybe Asians? It's a tough nut to crack.
    tonyj5
    tonyj5

Why the LPGA is the Fastest Rising Tour Empty Re: Why the LPGA is the Fastest Rising Tour

Post  tonyj5 Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:03 pm

Horseballs wrote:I don't know if I agree with how you're measuring "fastest rising," and I'm certainly not clicking on your link to find out.  

I've got nothing against the LPGA and as a fan of golf wish them nothing but the best.  But that tour isn't close to being in the mainstream consciousness.  I guarantee my wife couldn't name a single active player on the LPGA.  I can't name a single title sponsor/venue, unless the WBO is still sponsored by Wheatabix (but I don't even know what Wheatabix is, possibly a cereal?).  

Who are they marketing to?  Women don't watch sports, men don't watch women's sports.  I believe the LPGA is killing it in S. Korea and Japan.  Maybe Asians?  It's a tough nut to crack.  

First off, why are you so afraid to click on a link? I don't advertise on my blog or make a penny from it.

Secondly, then how do you explain that the men and women both played their respective U.S. Opens back to back on Pinehurst #2, and the LPGA ratings for the final round were higher than the PGA's?

I am not saying that the LPGA is ever going to be as popular as the PGA, I am saying that they have made great strides these past few year's. I know you know your stuff., but you seem to get off on knocking me when you don't even read what I write.
    Read this article than tell me what you agree and disagree with.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:04 pm

tonyj5 wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:I don't know if I agree with how you're measuring "fastest rising," and I'm certainly not clicking on your link to find out.  

I've got nothing against the LPGA and as a fan of golf wish them nothing but the best.  But that tour isn't close to being in the mainstream consciousness.  I guarantee my wife couldn't name a single active player on the LPGA.  I can't name a single title sponsor/venue, unless the WBO is still sponsored by Wheatabix (but I don't even know what Wheatabix is, possibly a cereal?).  

Who are they marketing to?  Women don't watch sports, men don't watch women's sports.  I believe the LPGA is killing it in S. Korea and Japan.  Maybe Asians?  It's a tough nut to crack.  

First off, why are you so afraid to click on a link? I don't advertise on my blog or make a penny from it.

Secondly, then how do you explain that the men and women both played their respective U.S. Opens back to back on Pinehurst #2, and the LPGA ratings for the final round were higher than the PGA's?

I am not saying that the LPGA is ever going to be as popular as the PGA, I am saying that they have made great strides these past few year's. I know you know your stuff., but you seem to get off on knocking me when you don't even read what I write.

You are wrong tony. The US open got a 3.3 rating and the LPGA open got a 1.67 rating for the final round. Do a little research before you make such bold statements.

tonyj5
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:07 pm

jt1135 wrote:
    tonyj5 wrote:

You are wrong tony.  The US open got a 3.3 rating and the LPGA open got a 1.67 rating for the final round.  Do a little research before you make such bold statements.

I didn't put that in my article. I could not find the ratings. I got that info from a blog my Beth Ann Baldry (Nichols). If you have a link that is useful for checking back on ratings, please post it. It would help with future research.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:18 pm

Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:26 pm

Since we're apparently free to make shit up in this thread I'd like to contribute.

In hell you can get sports on TV 24 hours a day seven days a week. But there are only three sports: women's basketball, bowling and women's golf.

Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:10 am

tonyj5 wrote:

but you seem to get off on knocking me when you don't even read what I write.
    I've boiled down your post down to the only pertinent information.
    Maybe people like me would be less willing to bash your stuff if you actually contributed to the conversation instead of posting links to your site then disappearing. To be honest, I didn't think you'd read my reply, but I consider it a another notch on my belt that I got a response. I consider you "fred3 lite"
    tonyj5
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:53 pm

I post links to my blogs on many different boards around the world and usually do get involved in discussions. Problem here is that this board and the old one that this spun off from are dying . I never get serious comments that would lead to discussions. Mostly just heckling. I hoped that I could generate some real discussion ( like other boards) and help this site grow. But that was wishful thinking as it is quite apparent that most people on here think the LPGA is a joke. Its not. I attend about a dozen tournaments a year. And I also do some writing for the official LPGA site when I am there. I am a carded member of the press. Again, I don't make a penny by you going to my site. I don,'t advertise. I just try to promote the girls because they deserve better.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:36 pm

Tony… I'm going to disagree and I hope you can respect my opinion. I believe in equality amongst all people without differentiation based on race, sex or anything else. When I tune into sports I want to see the best play. If not I'd like to see those who may become the best. I'm certainly not interested in a level of play in any sport that is inferior.

I've had the opportunity to observe women's golf on a developmental level up close as I have men's golf. There isn't any fair comparison that can be made. If a woman were to come around who could compete with the men I'd be interested. otherwise it's boring.

I'm not going to be a follower or spectator of country club level events and I'm certainly not going to follow the LPGA either. I'm not the only one who feels this way. History tells us interest in women's golf derives from hotness. If there isn't any hotness interest is inevitably and justifiably low.

Yes… We have a low level of activity here but I would rather have that and interest and respect in and for the posts made than have to digest the same garbage we get elsewhere in this world. If you are able to catch the vibe you are welcome to participate. Many people however aren't able to. Our society simply isn't geared for honesty. That's what this site is about.
    tonyj5
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:41 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:Tony… I'm going to disagree and I hope you can respect my opinion. I believe in equality amongst all people without differentiation based on race, sex or anything else. When I tune into sports I want to see the best play. If not I'd like to see those who may become the best. I'm certainly not interested in a level of play in any sport that is inferior.

I've had the opportunity to observe women's golf on a developmental level up close as I have men's golf. There isn't any fair comparison that can be made. If a woman were to come around who could compete with the men I'd be interested. otherwise it's boring.

I'm not going to be a follower or spectator of country club level events and I'm certainly not going to follow the LPGA either. I'm not the only one who feels this way. History tells us interest in women's golf derives from hotness. If there isn't any hotness interest is inevitably and justifiably low.

Yes… We have a low level of activity here but I would rather have that and interest and respect in and for the posts made than have to digest the same garbage we get elsewhere in this world. If you are able to catch the vibe you are welcome to participate. Many people however aren't able to. Our society simply isn't geared for honesty. That's what this site is about.

Women can't compete with men in any sport. We are just bigger and stronger. That doesn't mean we can't enjoy watching a good competition on a different level. Do you like women's tennis?
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:38 pm

tonyj5 wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:Tony… I'm going to disagree and I hope you can respect my opinion. I believe in equality amongst all people without differentiation based on race, sex or anything else. When I tune into sports I want to see the best play. If not I'd like to see those who may become the best. I'm certainly not interested in a level of play in any sport that is inferior.

Women can't compete with men in any sport. We are just bigger and stronger. That doesn't mean we can't enjoy watching a good competition on a different level. Do you like women's tennis?

I like watching women's tennis if I have nothing else to do and someone hot is playing. Give me a hottie sweating, running, jiggling and grunting and that can hold my interest. If a couple of behemoths are playing I'm tuning out. I'm not in the minority. Look at the attention Anna Kournikova got. Did she win anything? Maybe the ratings rankings but that's about it.

In golf, what has Anna Rawson won? How do I even know her name? Look at the attention Natalie Gulbis has gotten. Then there's Jan Stevenson. It's more than the prevailing view that if a player isn't among the best, meaning a man, the only thing they have to offer is sex.
    tonyj5
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:59 pm

I'll admit there is certainly some truth to that. I have to admit watching when Caroline Wozniaci is playing. By the way I know Rawson. She's quite a lady.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:36 am

tonyj5 wrote:I'll admit there is certainly some truth to that. I have to admit watching when Caroline Wozniaci is playing. By the way I know Rawson. She's quite a lady.

Nobody likes a braggart! Evil or Very Mad
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:49 am

Lorenzzo wrote:
    tonyj5 wrote:

I like watching women's tennis if I have nothing else to do and someone hot is playing. Give me a hottie sweating, running, jiggling and grunting and that can hold my interest. If a couple of behemoths are playing I'm tuning out. I'm not in the minority. Look at the attention Anna Kournikova got. Did she win anything? Maybe the ratings rankings but that's about it.

In golf, what has Anna Rawson won? How do I even know her name? Look at the attention Natalie Gulbis has gotten. Then there's Jan Stevenson. It's more than the prevailing view that if a player isn't among the best, meaning a man, the only thing they have to offer is sex.

Never really got the whole Kournikova thing. She couldn't play and whilst somewhat cute she wasn't a hottie in my book. Out of todays crop Anna Ivanovic is stunning IMO but Caroline Wozniacki has been playing in Auckland this week and I've been admiring ... I mean ... watching her play every night and she is definitely getting better with age/maturity. Her figure looks better than before and I keep subconsciously thinking I'm watching Sharapova. But then she turns around with that much softer look/smile compared to Sharapova's scowling face.
    Homeslice
    Homeslice

Post  Homeslice Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:50 pm

This thread has the feel of the good old days. If we could get Spanky and/or NaH is here to crudely insult Tony, it would be pure vintage.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:48 pm

Homeslice wrote:This thread has the feel of the good old days. If we could get Spanky and/or NaH is here to crudely insult Tony, it would be pure vintage.

NAH now posts on Golfwrx under the user name 'playa'. I noticed his posting style so PM'ed him. Here is a transcript of the message:

Playa

I couldn't help but notice your username, the fact you play CG16's and your posting style reminded me of a notorious poster of Golf Review legend named Not a Hacker. 

Is that you?

Cheers
    Kiwi

His response:

I can neither confirm nor deny that. Although  I can tell you I've heard that 'not a hacker' received a permanent ban and needed to find a new user name to post here Wink

LMAO - he still posts fairly edgy comments but knows where to draw the line so as not to he banned again. Clearly his need to post overrides his urge to shit stir. Smile
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:03 pm

I think that the broads are fun to watch if one has a horse in the race. Back in the day, I was a big Jane Blalock fan. She was a fellow New Englander my own age, I knew her well enough to say hi, ate the occasional meal in her dad's restaurant in Portsmouth, and I followed her around the track for many a round as well as watching her on TV.

Janie won 29 tournaments, including the first Dinah Shore, but that was decades ago. I rarely watch now because I don't have a favorite for whom to root. Actually, I don't often watch the men for the same reason.

Dixon Cox

Post  Dixon Cox Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:34 am

When I've watched LPGA events, invariably I am self revealed as a shallow, arrogant tool ogling young women golfers.
    It is not my best look.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:34 pm

Dixon Cox wrote:When I've watched LPGA events, invariably I am self revealed as a shallow, arrogant tool ogling young women golfers.
    It is not my best look.

That's me watching womans tennis. The Australian Open is currently on and I was gutted when that hottie Anna Ivanovic lost in the 1st round. Crying or Very sad  Another hottie Carolyn Wosniacki bowed out last night too though her conquerer Azarenka isn't bad.
    Dixon Cox

Post  Dixon Cox Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:44 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:
    Dixon Cox wrote:When I've watched LPGA events, invariably I am self revealed as a shallow, arrogant tool ogling young women golfers.
    It is not my best look.

That's me watching womans tennis. The Australian Open is currently on and I was gutted when that hottie Anna Ivanovic lost in the 1st round. Crying or Very sad  Another hottie Carolyn Wosniacki bowed out last night too though her conquerer Azarenka isn't bad.

And that hottie Roger Federer is out now:(

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:08 pm