The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

3 posters

Eagles vs. All Blacks

Horseballs
    Horseballs

Eagles vs. All Blacks Empty Eagles vs. All Blacks

Post  Horseballs Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:05 pm

I heard it was a close contest with plenty of lead changes. All Blacks just barely get the win. Not bad for us Yanks, considering we didn't have any black guys on our team and the Kiwis were all blacks.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Eagles vs. All Blacks Empty Re: Eagles vs. All Blacks

Post  Kiwigolfer Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:57 am

Some people think it must be boring being an All Black fan given that we win virtually every game we play. I can assure you it's anything but boring. I love seeing my team win and the opposition team lose. I love the feeling of superiority it gives me knowing that my team is better than any other team on the planet. And by logical extension, the knowledge that Kiwi men are tougher and more manly than any other men on the planet. Rugby is a contest of manliness. A true test of one's manhood. Beating your opposition on a rugby field tells everyone watching that your team is tougher, more manly and more virile than your opponent.

The USA offered ... a nice stadium.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:49 am

Horseballs wrote:I heard it was a close contest with plenty of lead changes.  All Blacks just barely get the win.  Not bad for us Yanks, considering we didn't have any black guys on our team and the Kiwis were all blacks.  

Really, did that happen? How did you hear about it, it got no coverage.  There's only a few people in the US that even know what rugby is. I'm surprised we could even field a team, what with all true US athletes involved in real sports.

Are you sure you aren't confusing this with mud wrestling?  Or maybe shuffleboard? Dodgeball?
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:19 am

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:I heard it was a close contest with plenty of lead changes.  All Blacks just barely get the win.  Not bad for us Yanks, considering we didn't have any black guys on our team and the Kiwis were all blacks.  

Really, did that happen? How did you hear about it, it got no coverage.  There's only a few people in the US that even know what rugby is. I'm surprised we could even field a team, what with all true US athletes involved in real sports.

Are you sure you aren't confusing this with mud wrestling?  Or maybe shuffleboard?  Dodgeball?
    Foxy boxing, I believe. The US squad fielded a team of hotties, while the Kiwi team featured brutes with questionable genitalia. It was never a fair fight.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:36 am

Kiwigolfer wrote:Some people think it must be boring being an All Black fan given that we win virtually every game we play. I can assure you it's anything but boring. I love seeing my team win and the opposition team lose. I love the feeling of superiority it gives me knowing that my team is better than any other team on the planet. And by logical extension, the knowledge that Kiwi men are tougher and more manly than any other men on the planet. Rugby is a contest of manliness. A true test of one's manhood. Beating your opposition on a rugby field tells everyone watching that your team is tougher, more manly and more virile than your opponent.

The USA offered ... a nice stadium.
    This type of thinking is why I think the US will never perform well in international team competitions. Everyone roots for local teams and hates rivals. The is not one single team with a national identity or following. Even US Basketball gets little support because NBA fans root against players on the national team for 11 months of the year. Players would also rather win for the local team that pays the bills.
    Not necessarily rugby. There is no way the US is even 50 years away from competing with countries where that sport is entrenched, even if football became outlawed and everyone started playing rugby.
    And, Soldier Field is a pretty bad stadium. If that gets high praise from Kiwis, you must have a bunch of dog tracks. The whole transitive property with sports fans baffles me. I used to think it was reserved for people with low self-esteem or low intelligence, but even seemingly intelligent people like KP fall victim. Maybe I need to re-think my assessment of KP.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:45 pm