The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

5 posters

Private Courses

californiataxes

Private Courses Empty Private Courses

Post  californiataxes Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:52 pm

If ebola spreads, would natural justice dictate that I'm allowed to camp out on the uber-exclusive course next door?
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Private Courses Empty Re: Private Courses

Post  Lorenzzo Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:27 am

There's a chance they'll hire armed guards to protect themselves from invasion infection. Of course, it will be ineffective because the staff will likely be carriers.

No, when there's a growing outbreak, you'll want to lock yourself in your home, eating there and cooking everything even salad. I do a grilled salad with warm pumpkin seed dressing that's pretty good. I'll need to boil the dressing though. Not sure how I'll go about germ proofing the gf and her dogs. May need to break things off until it blows over.

And I was just beginning to like her.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:59 am

If it's a really nice private course, they will have contingency plans to keep out riff-raff in the event of a global pandemic. Half of the board meetings at my club deal with staffing the machine gun turrets during minor disturbances like power outages or DUI checkpoints, and my club is pretty crappy. I can't imagine what a really nice course has in place for an ebola outbreak.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:29 am

If you have the means, the ideal refuge for the inveterate golfer during a major domestic crisis would be the Greenbrier resort in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. Besides great lodging facilities and several championship courses, delectable food, limitless drinks, and uber competent staff, there is that Doomsday Bunker designed to house all the Swells of Government in the event of atomic weapons attack on the USA. If you go and the shit hits the fan, maybe you can bribe the facility forces to gun down the top levels of government so that things can return to the Old Normal after the crisis passes. Just a thought.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:50 pm

How many people in the US have Ebola now? I haven't been watching much news. I heard about some doctor, who is now cured and then there is some nurse who brought it over on a plane. I like to come here for my news because I get short summaries filled with sarcasm. I try not to watch the news because it's so incredibly terrible and negative.

Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:35 am

OK, look. The news is incredibly terrible and negative because if it were the opposite, no one would read/watch/listen to it. Trust me, I know. I was in the TV news business for a brief time back in the 1970's. When things were slow news-wise, one of my tasks was to go through a box of 3 x 5 cards with names and phone numbers of citizens who had called in with complaints about this, that and every other thing that grieved them. Po-leece Brutality. Rats in the Alley. Alien craft along the power lines. Abandoned row house in the block where they be shootin' smack and de po-leece do nuttin bout it. Etc. Whenever some viewer would call in with a tip on some good news, Management shot down the possibility of turning it into a 90 second package with on-scene reporter or even a sound-on-film 30 second filler. Back in the formative years before electronic media when the pencil press was the absolute power of the spreading of the word, the maxim was "If it bleeds, it leads." Same pertains today.

Ebola is here. It used to be confined to over there. Its not rocket science to keep it over there. So the fact that it is here means it came here aided by the powers that be. For what purpose we can only guess. My best guess is that, just as Planned Parenthood was formed to decrease the population of negroes, this ebola thing has been crafted to do the same thing.

The bottom line is that if you are black, there will be a 99% chance that you vote and have voted for the party people who were responsible for the founding of PP and the current ones who push its agenda and also the folks who have brought ebola to the domestic shores. Keep on keepin' on.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:35 pm