The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

2 posters

Floyd Mayweather fights like a p#ssy.

trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Floyd Mayweather fights like a p#ssy. Empty Floyd Mayweather fights like a p#ssy.

Post  trombettista_vecchio Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:45 pm

But the miserable prick wins, usually easily, and as unentertaining as he is, that means he's really good. It's about winning.

I hope he loses about thirty or forty mil at the crap tables and is tempted to move up to 160 and fight Gennady Golovkin to recoup his financial losses. Then we'll finally see that bastard sleeping on the canvas. He can grab Galovkin all he wants. He'll still get his jaw shattered because he won't be strong enough to hold Galovkin.

Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Floyd Mayweather fights like a p#ssy. Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather fights like a p#ssy.

Post  Lorenzzo Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:02 pm

The more top, successful athletes I meet, the more I think being a douche canoe is a major element of extreme success.

Realizing that has turned me away from spectator sports somewhat. To root for somebody or something I have to somewhat like them.  You take somebody who is kind of a jerk and then put them on a pedestal from when they're say 9 and they can become pretty noxious.
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Floyd Mayweather fights like a p#ssy. Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather fights like a p#ssy.

Post  trombettista_vecchio Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:05 pm

Tough to argue with that.  

Rocky Marciano was the first professional athlete of whom I was aware. Growing up in the dago hood, he was the man. Sinatra was briefly down, so it was the Rock.  

Then, late in the '53 season, Ted Williams returned from Korea, and more through my cousins and uncles than my dad, I discovered baseball.  

A bit after that, despite the NFL having no network affiliations, games were shown in my area via syndication.  They were interesting in those primitive days of the game.

When I was ten, my uncles started taking me to the links with them, and I discovered golf.  I didn't care for tournament coverage--never did--but I enjoyed the exhibition matches on TV.

I didn't start watching the NBA until the Celtics had already won a few titles. Bill Russell smiled and gave me a nod in a hi fi shop where I was ogling vacuum tube components that I couldn't as a kid afford and I started watching the Green.

Finally, when I was about twenty years old or so, Bobby Orr arrived, and I started watching hockey on the then new but now defunct UHF band.

As I got jaded, I dropped the sports pretty much in the reverse order that I discovered them, and now I'm down to boxing, just like when I was five.  

And with a $75 price tag to watch idiots on PPV, I'll be phasing that out too.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:41 pm

trombettista_vecchio wrote:Tough to argue with that.  

Rocky Marciano was the first professional athlete of whom I was aware. Growing up in the dago hood, he was the man. Sinatra was briefly down, so it was the Rock.  

Then, late in the '53 season, Ted Williams returned from Korea, and more through my cousins and uncles than my dad, I discovered baseball.  

A bit after that, despite the NFL having no network affiliations, games were shown in my area via syndication.  They were interesting in those primitive days of the game.

When I was ten, my uncles started taking me to the links with them, and I discovered golf.  I didn't care for tournament coverage--never did--but I enjoyed the exhibition matches on TV.

I didn't start watching the NBA until the Celtics had already won a few titles. Bill Russell smiled and gave me a nod in a hi fi shop where I was ogling vacuum tube components that I couldn't as a kid afford and I started watching the Green.

Finally, when I was about twenty years old or so, Bobby Orr arrived, and I started watching hockey on the then new but now defunct UHF band.

As I got jaded, I dropped the sports pretty much in the reverse order that I discovered them, and now I'm down to boxing, just like when I was five.  

And with a $75 price tag to watch idiots on PPV, I'll be phasing that out too.

That's a nice ride taking us from the innocence of the 50s to where our culture has arrived today. Tragic looking at it from that perspective. I give you at most another year or two with boxing.

I hitched a ride with skiing as a young kid.  Nothing has ever turned my adrenaline like watching a race in person or competing. I still feel that way after a torn rotator, broken jaw, broken tibia, lacerated face, concussion and two collisions at high speed with safety nets that some don't survive.

This winter I get ready to take the race course again after doing a lot of drills and practice last winter. No more downhill or super G though so my risk of injury and propensity to take risk is a lot lower than back in the day.  

Don't think I could handle being laid up on a powder day. But when you get into that gate and want to beat the field it can be hard to control oneself.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:34 am