The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

5 posters

Portland Classic Preview, Pairings, and discussion thread

tonyj5
    tonyj5

Portland Classic Preview, Pairings, and discussion thread Empty Portland Classic Preview, Pairings, and discussion thread

Post  tonyj5 Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:11 am

The LPGA moves to the state of Oregon this week for the playing of the Portland Classic Presented by Cambia Health Solutions.

This will be tournament #22 of 32 on the LPGA schedule this year.

Here are the Key Details:

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2014/08/portland-classic-preview-pairings.html
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Portland Classic Preview, Pairings, and discussion thread Empty Re: Portland Classic Preview, Pairings, and discussion thread

Post  Poe4soul Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:03 am

Portland Classic Preview, Pairings, and discussion thread GQdAQWJ
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Portland Classic Preview, Pairings, and discussion thread Empty Re: Portland Classic Preview, Pairings, and discussion thread

Post  Horseballs Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:09 am

If the LPGA ever comes to my town, I promise to attend and give daily updates. I think everyone on this site needs to make that promise.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:24 am

Horseballs wrote:If the LPGA ever comes to my town, I promise to attend and give daily updates.  I think everyone on this site needs to make that promise.  

I promise. As if.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:47 am

Recently, some of them came to my town-maybe 20 minutes' drive--to play the International Match but I did not go. Primarily because I would have had to go to some Park-And-Ride lot ten miles from the club and take a freaking bus with Other People to the site instead of driving there and parking. I mean its not like there were thousands of people there judging by what I saw on the TV.

I much prefer that these types of events come to your town and I can watch them on my TV sitting on my ass drinking black arabica bean coffee and smoking filtered cigarettes. Same with other live events like football and baseball games and race riots like they are having in the Saint Louis suburb. And the Israeli tunnel-clearing and pest control program in Gaza. Fun to watch but keep it the fuck away from me.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:04 pm

Poe4soul wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:If the LPGA ever comes to my town, I promise to attend and give daily updates.  I think everyone on this site needs to make that promise.  

I promise. As if.
    I don't understand why you hate women so much.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:24 pm

I like women if they aren't lesbos. So I probably won't be going unless I get an exclusive license to sell strap-ones and pork rinds.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:41 pm

I think that you could sell vibrators that slip over putter grips to many of the LPGA players. I mean like how slow can you play? At least with the vibrator at the end of the putter grip you could enjoy clittoral stimulation waiting the four minutes twenty seven seconds it takes Muffy and Buffy to examine their twelve footers from every one of the three hundred sixty degrees surrounding the 4.25 inch golf hole and make four rehearsal swings from the eight most relevant tangents.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:58 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Poe4soul wrote:

I promise. As if.
    I don't understand why you hate women so much.  

Honestly, my wife has volunteered for the LPGA event in the years past as a walking score keeper. I've been. It was ok. I'd rather be golfing than watching.

We went to the web.com event last week. (Again, I'd rather be golfing.)

The comparison of the course maintenance between the LPGA and the Web.com tour event was like night and day. The LPGA had the course on "cart path only" restriction for over a month. The grass was about 3 inches long, thick and stood straight up. The Web.com event was a private course condition with very dry and hard conditions with the rough at the standard 2 inches and cart matted. The bunker comparison was about the same. It was like they had the members on it the day before the tournament started. The LPGA must carry more weight than the want to be PGA tour.
    tonyj5
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:14 pm

The pairings for the first 2 rounds have been posted:

Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:21 am

tonyj5 wrote:The pairings for the first 2 rounds have been posted:

Nothing to add, tony? No passes for Poe? He's a prime candidate for an LPGA fan with the event in his backyard.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:10 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    tonyj5 wrote:The pairings for the first 2 rounds have been posted:

Nothing to add, tony?  No passes for Poe?  He's a prime candidate for an LPGA fan with the event in his backyard.  

Here's Tony

Portland Classic Preview, Pairings, and discussion thread Z
    tonyj5
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:29 pm

Here are the leaders after round 2:

1 In-Kyung Kim -12 F
    2 Mi Jung Hur -9 F
    2 Carlota Ciganda -9 F
    2 Laura Diaz -9 F
    5 So Yeon Ryu -8 F
    5 Xi Yu Lin -8 F
    5 Mina Harigae -8 F
    5 Paula Reto -8 F
    9 Amelia Lewis -7 F
    10 Jaye Marie Green -6 F
    10 Suzann Pettersen -6 F
    10 Ji Young Oh -6 F
    10 Tiffany Joh -6 F
    10 Line Vedel Hansen -6 F
    10 Austin Ernst -6 F
    10 Chella Choi -6 F
    10 Juli Inkster -6 F
    10 Anna Nordqvist -6 F

For full results and live scoreboards:

tonyj5
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:26 pm

Here are the leaders after round 3:

1 Suzann Pettersen -11 F
    1 Carlota Ciganda -11 F
    1 Mi Jung Hur -11 F
    4 Xi Yu Lin -10 F
    4 So Yeon Ryu -10 F
    4 In-Kyung Kim -10 F
    7 Mariajo Uribe -9 F
    7 Eun-Hee Ji -9 F
    7 Austin Ernst -9 F
    7 Line Vedel Hansen -9 F
    7 Laura Diaz -9 F

tonyj5
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:13 pm

Final Standings: (Austin Ernst wins playoff)

1 x-Austin Ernst -14 F
    2 In-Kyung Kim -14 F
    3 Chella Choi -12 F
    3 So Yeon Ryu -12 F
    5 Karine Icher -11 F
    5 Na Yeon Choi -11 F
    5 Line Vedel Hansen -11 F
    5 Eun-Hee Ji -11 F
    9 Paula Reto -10 F
    9 Ilhee Lee -10 F
    9 Lizette Salas -10 F
    9 Laura Diaz -10 F
    9 Mariajo Uribe -10 F
    9 Xi Yu Lin -10 F
    9 Mi Jung Hur -10 F

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:49 am