The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

5 posters

My GR story...

spankdoggie
    spankdoggie

My GR story... Empty My GR story...

Post  spankdoggie Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:49 am

I changed my password and gave it to Famous Davis for GR; thought he could get in.

Changing my password kicked me out of GR.

Gentlemen, I do not even golf anymore and I have no business being here. I got so fed up at the golf course; my brain works on some wrong level and things need to happen faster than 5 hours on a course.

I just had fun screwing around with newcomers that were rude at GR. I did golf for over 15 years though; I may get back into it.

Francis can kiss my ass. I might go back into mtbr and get myself banned for the heck of it...

I may post a video of me mowing the lawn naked; as a bonus, naked ass touching the ground pruning the roses; walking around with a shoelace around my junk with the pruning shears swinging around my knees... Those bastards.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

My GR story... Empty Re: My GR story...

Post  Lorenzzo Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:41 am

See what happens. You never know, this could end up being like GR.
    spankdoggie
    spankdoggie

Post  spankdoggie Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:50 am

My GR story... Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:24 am

You are still a young man. There is nothing wrong with quitting golf for awhile. Prior to this past season, I played maybe 3 rounds on average for almost 20 years. During that time, I'd hit a good many practice balls at the range and spent a bit of time on putting greens, but the five plus hour rounds turned me off. When you come back to it, you'll be better than before. Trust me. Mongrel out.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:29 am

Mostly German wrote:You are still a young man. There is nothing wrong with quitting golf for awhile. Prior to this past season, I played maybe 3 rounds on average for almost 20 years. During that time, I'd hit a good many practice balls at the range and spent a bit of time on putting greens, but the five plus hour rounds turned me off. When you come back to it, you'll be better than before. Trust me. Mongrel out.

Duh...maybe it was the haze. I've yet to play a round this year and my time is running low. But I have no plans or desire. Golf is a big time commitment. There are other things to do. I perhaps played too much over a 3-4 year period. And I lost my best golf partner to college, another to the reaper. Without occasional rounds with my kid I've lost the motivation to play that remained.

Not golfing has added 15+ hours of time to my week. I've done my best to convert that into surfing and dating. The extra dating has included quite a few wacko chicks. I think tough times down here are producing some real whacked out, desperate people. Then as you age maybe for a number of reasons women's perceptions of you change. Could be worse, I know guys my age spending $500 a week on dinners.

Last night the tab was $150, tip included. Bar bills added up to maybe $100 this week. So for a total of half of what some of these guys are paying, I'm getting 3 times as much p.ussy. It's the working out I think. Whatever it is, I feel like I'm getting a good deal.
    Homeslice
    Homeslice

Post  Homeslice Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Yup. I'm in the same boat with you guys. This year was my lowest round total since I started playing.
    I kind of lost the fever. Maybe I'll get it back in the spring.
    I think some of it has to do with finally getting into the 80's, realizing that I still suck really bad, and knowing exactly how much work I would have to put in to get my game to the next level. I ain't got time for dat booshit. (I do actually, but when I apply time to golf my music hobby and gym time suffer for it.)
    Thank god we rarely talk about golf on these sites.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:06 pm

Homeslice wrote:Yup. I'm in the same boat with you guys. This year was my lowest round total since I started playing.
    I kind of lost the fever. Maybe I'll get it back in the spring.
    I think some of it has to do with finally getting into the 80's, realizing that I still suck really bad, and knowing exactly how much work I would have to put in to get my game to the next level. I ain't got time for dat booshit. (I do actually, but when I apply time to golf my music hobby and gym time suffer for it.)
    Thank god we rarely talk about golf on these sites.

Welcome Spank. Yep, I used the id and pass you gave me but nothin' doing. I still got the same looking screen telling me I need to wait 15 minutes to try again. I felt like I was in detention.

I play golf an average of once per week and sometimes twice per week. Winter months I slow down but not by much. For whatever reason my golf is best in the Fall. I've given it up before and it actually was refreshing for awhile and it felt like new when I went back. flower

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content