The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

counter weighted putters

Hubijerk
    Hubijerk

counter weighted putters Empty counter weighted putters

Post  Hubijerk Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:30 am

So now that I have a new driver, 3 wood, irons and wedges the only thing left to mess with is my putter, so what the hell.

I've been intrigued by some of the new counter weighted options, I rolled the TM Spider blade and it felt decent, but today I gave the Odyssey Tank #1 a roll, 38" anser style head... That thing was solid as solid gets, I went 20 for 20 from 5 feet all around the cup and distance control out to 20-30 feet was pretty damn good, and I was sinking more than my fair share of longer putts.

Not crazy about the feel of the mushy white hot face, I've read that some of the pro's have had odyssey tinker with the insert to make it firmer for them but apparently there are a few guys actively transitioning to the tank.

I am also really intrigued by the seemore m1 counter weighted putter as well. Center shafted is different than anything I've ever used, but they feel solid, and different is kind of what I'm going for without being a huge mallet. Only problem is I can't test the m1 counter before I order it from seemore. Anybody have any experience with seemore?

The heavy counter balanced tank was impressive, they're supposed to provide a legal replacement for belly putters and while I've never used a belly putter, if the belly putter does what the tank does in regards to regulating the stroke and keeping it in line I have to admit the belly guys have had an advantage. I'm solid on short putts but I absolutely could not miss with this thing, it made my stroke perfect, no twitches and the head stayed on path better than anything I've ever used. If I missed it was aligned wrong, period, it pretty much idiot/pressure proofed my stroke.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:59 pm