The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+5
Horseballs
Lorenzzo
Mongrel
FamousDavis
californiataxes
9 posters

Amazing Non-Discussion of Zimmerman Trial on This Board

FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Amazing Non-Discussion of Zimmerman Trial on This Board - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Non-Discussion of Zimmerman Trial on This Board

Post  FamousDavis Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:35 pm

Poe4soul wrote:Thinking back on the trail, I thought  zman had put on a ton of weight due to stress. In retrospect, I think it was genius to have him in court looking like a pudgy, out of shape, short banner.  He certainly did not look that fat in the post shooting videos.

He should have changed his name to Jorge'.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Amazing Non-Discussion of Zimmerman Trial on This Board - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Non-Discussion of Zimmerman Trial on This Board

Post  Mongrel Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:24 pm

One of the reporters on the weekend crew I ran years ago had worked with Geraldo Rivera at a network affiliate in New York City. She told me that back then, he was "Jerry Rivers."

By the way, I just read on some website that the Smithsonian Institution is very interested in obtaining Trayvon Martin's hoodie. Imagining the potential market value of that item or any associated with the incident, I can just imagine all the scammers already hard at work. Go to Dick's or some other sports apparel store and score you a gray hoodie. Then go to the Store and buy a real cheap piece of roast or, to save some hard-earned, find a suitable carcass of Road Kill. Then put your meat inside the hoodie and shoot a 9mm from about six inches into the chest area. The meat should stop the 9mm bullet from exiting and leave the blood and gore inside the hoodie. Only DNA will tell the difference and who's got that stuff already? To really spruce it up for the potential CSI folks, you could go to one of those places that specialize in cheap, no-appointments-necessary haircuts and then wait until they finish with a black guy and then take your piece of duct tact hidden in your hand and pick up some black curly remnants before the girl sweeps the floor in prep for the next customer. Clever, huh?
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:48 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    None of the laws in Oregon make sense.   The fact that you can't pump your own gas is reason enough to avoid the state.  

A perfect example of the generation gap, here. When I started driving in the early 1960s, the attendents always pumped your gas for you, not to mention check your oil and clean your windshield as well. When we had to start doing it ourselves, we were pissed, and frankly, I still am.

In what world is it easier to have to get out of your car, swipe your gas card yourself, pump your own gas, and probably skip the oil check and windshielf cleaning altogether because you're in a hurry and can't be bothered? Who likes to smell like gasoline, especially if you're wearing a suit, but really, anytime?

Plus some kid is deprived of his after school job to top it all off.

Serious, explain why it's better to pump your own gas. I can't even imagine what that answer might be.

Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:11 pm

trombettista_vecchio wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    None of the laws in Oregon make sense.   The fact that you can't pump your own gas is reason enough to avoid the state.  

A perfect example of the generation gap, here. When I started driving in the early 1960s, the attendents always pumped your gas for you, not to mention check your oil and clean your windshield as well.  When we had to start doing it ourselves, we were pissed, and frankly, I still am.

In what world is it easier to have to get out of your car, swipe your gas card yourself, pump your own gas, and probably skip the oil check and windshielf cleaning altogether because you're in a hurry and can't be bothered?  Who likes to smell like gasoline, especially if you're wearing a suit, but really, anytime?  

Plus some kid is deprived of his after school job to top it all off.

Serious, explain why it's better to pump your own gas. I can't even imagine what that answer might be.

The gas stations are so screwed over on margins they can't afford to pay that kid anymore. And you and I get cheaper gas by pumping it ourselves (yeah right).
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:57 am

The truth of the matter is that the gas station attendant was often not a kid but rather some guy in his mid-20s or late 30s who just got bounced from his jail cell due to overcrowding. When he would finally mosey over to your car, you'd roll down your window only to be accosted by foul breath that can only be described as a mixture of stale beer and vomit.

You'd wait patiently while the low life would scratch your car while leaning over to wash your windows, all the while trying to sneak a look down your woman's blouse.

Then you'd have to give money over to the filthy animal or, worse, give your credit card number to him to share with all his ex-con friends.

Gag me.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:38 am

FamousDavis wrote:The truth of the matter is that the gas station attendant was often not a kid but rather some guy in his mid-20s or late 30s who just got bounced from his jail cell due to overcrowding.   When he would finally mosey over to your car, you'd roll down your window only to be accosted by foul breath that can only be described as a mixture of stale beer and vomit.  

You'd wait patiently while the low life would scratch your car while leaning over to wash your windows, all the while trying to sneak a look down your woman's blouse.  

Then you'd have to give money over to the filthy animal or, worse, give your credit card number to him to share with all his ex-con friends.  

Gag me.

Ah, Eugene, such a lovely town. Good thing there's a university there or the town would be nothing but hippies and drug addicts. It's one of those towns that I don't understand why people stay there. It's like the job I was on last week at a scrap metal yard. I'm looking around and there are birds in that filthy place. Birds picking at the dirt with with oil and junk everywhere. Hey birds, you have wings, fly away and find a nice meadow with flowers and grass seed. It makes no sense. And yet people live in Eugene when there is Portland or Seattle are within a days drive. You just can't help some people.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:01 pm