The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

4 posters

Rating the Rookies 2013 - Part1

tonyj5
    tonyj5

Rating the Rookies 2013 - Part1 Empty Rating the Rookies 2013 - Part1

Post  tonyj5 Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:57 am

With the LPGA season about 50% complete (13 of 28 tournaments have been played), I would like to take a look at how the rookies are faring so far this year. I will do this again at the 75% mark and a final time at the end of the season. These ratings are strictly based on how they fared in LPGA events only. Any successes or failures on other tours are not considered here. My main objective here is to analyze the chances of these rookies retaining their LPGA cards next season. Ideally you would like to finish in the top 80 on the money list. That will guarantee you a priority list ranking good enough to compete in all full-field events. If you finish further down the money list you then have to worry about the top 10 ladies coming off the Symetra Tour, and qualifying school graduates getting to play ahead of you. If you finish in the top 100 on this year's money list, you will still play in most events next year. Further down the list than that, there are no guarantees about playing time. Let us see how they are doing so far.

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/06/rating-rookies-2013-part-1.html
    Player
    Player

Rating the Rookies 2013 - Part1 Empty Re: Rating the Rookies 2013 - Part1

Post  Player Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:15 am

I gotta say TonyJ, when I read the thread title and author all sorts of scary images ran through my mind.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:23 am

tonyj5, if this thread is "Part I", how many do you intend to create?  Under the assumption you'll somehow manage to reign yourslef in, I'll provide some comments.  Please, however, try not to go overboard with these LPGA rookie threads.  Look, noone gets more excited about fresh tang than me, I get it, but at some point you've got to grab hold of yourself.

On topic, I can't tell you how disappointed I am over the performance of Brooke Pancake.  Coming into this year I thought things would stack up well for her.  I guess as a rookie it's not easy to figure out what should go in the batter.  The thing is, I really care for this girl.  I'm not going to get all syrupy but I'm not going to waffle about it either.  Nor will I ham it up, even if I do hash this around a bit.  Simply put, with her talent this girl should be on the front burner.

She needs to wake up and smell the coffee so she can get bacon track.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:54 am

Nicely done, Zo. 
    I think the LPGA shouldn't allow an Asian nobody to win rookie of the year.  And there should be caps placed on last names.  No more Kims or Parks.  Sorry, there are too many already.  Also, no more initials for first names.  It's annoying.  I don't care if your name is unpronouncable, initials are for little kids.  And if the name is too unpronouncable, either change it or be kicked off tour. 
    And what in flying fuck is the fascination with Hello Kitty?!?!?!  I thought was some sort of ironic p#ssy joke, but it's not.  It's dead serious, and seriously weird. 

That said, I am going with Pancake for ROY.  Everyone likes pancakes.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:55 am