The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

4 posters

Darn it... too much business travel lately...

Pky6471
    Pky6471

Darn it... too much business travel lately... Empty Darn it... too much business travel lately...

Post  Pky6471 Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:33 am

Sh$$$t, one week in Grand Rapids followed by 2 wks in Pittsburgh, going home from Pitts today and fly out to Greenville SC on Sat AM for another business trip... One good thing is I will play couple rounds with my Bro at Keowee Key GC
    http://www.worldgolf.com/courses/exitpoll/keowee-key-golf-country-club-private-review-15519.html

To those who don't know anything about Pitts, here is the website... It comes back after "steel town", surprisingly lot of young chicks around... no time to check them out. Oakmont is famous here

http://www.oakmont-countryclub.org/

https://www.google.com/search?q=mount+washington+pittsburgh&client=firefox-a&hs=s3F&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=IbaxUfLbM_S34APXroCYCg&ved=0CJwBEIke&biw=1366&bih=651
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Darn it... too much business travel lately... Empty Re: Darn it... too much business travel lately...

Post  Mongrel Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:27 am

I will be interested to hear what you think of Greenville as that is one of the places I've had under consideration as a retirement location. Have fun.
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Darn it... too much business travel lately... Empty Re: Darn it... too much business travel lately...

Post  jmtbkr Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:53 am

The Carolina's scare me. Too many mouth breathers still there and most of them still believe the civil war never ended.
    We looked around the Lake Norman area. Very nice, but....
    Decided for south florida as alot of our friends are down here already.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:09 pm

Mongrel wrote:I will be interested to hear what you think of Greenville as that is one of the places I've had under consideration as a retirement location. Have fun.

Mongrel... I've been to Greenville SC several times, love that place, nice and clean, nice people, medium size town and spread out quite a bit, could be a very nice area to retire , I would take that town over Houston TX any day (sorry big Dave), plenty of golf courses and great restaurant, very vibrant city for its size, summer time could be too hot and muggy for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZqj5FrbyJY

https://www.google.com/search?q=greenville+sc&client=firefox-a&hs=F77&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=KHWyUbbMB4rH0QHljoHQBg&ved=0CFwQsAQ&biw=1680&bih=956
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:09 am

Mongrel wrote:I will be interested to hear what you think of Greenville as that is one of the places I've had under consideration as a retirement location. Have fun.

I played 2 rounds with my Bro at Keowee GC, very nice golf course...Since he rents a condo (consultant for Duke Energy) in that community, we pay $19 a round for this private CC, can't beat that price... I was too tired and used his spare clubs so did not do well, but had fun and worth it...It's about 1 hr drive from Greenville airport to Keowee lake, once I was off I-85 driving toward Keowee on hwy, I feel like I were in the "Walking Tall" movie set., little towns along the way, poor hwy road condition etc... One thing for sure no one would dare to drive more than 5 miles beyond the speed limit... Cops are watching U

Mongrel... U and your wife should visit Greenville SC , stay for a week... I believe U will like this town if U don't mind the heat and humidity during summer... Plenty of excellent restaurants. Don't know about the housing costs in Greenville but my Bro told me that the condos at Keowee lake are dirt cheap compared to what we pay in Baltimore or Newark/Wilmington areas.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:53 am

Pky6471 wrote:

I played 2 rounds with my Bro at Keowee GC, very nice golf course...Since he rents a condo (consultant for Duke Energy) in that community, we pay $19 a round for this private CC, can't beat that price... I was too tired and used his spare clubs so did not do well, but had fun and worth it...It's about 1 hr drive from Greenville airport to Keowee lake, once I was off I-85 driving toward Keowee on hwy, I feel like I were in the "Walking Tall" movie set., little towns along the way, poor hwy road condition etc... One thing for sure no one would dare to drive more than 5 miles beyond the speed limit... Cops are watching U

Mongrel... U and your wife should visit Greenville SC , stay for a week... I believe U will like this town if U don't mind the heat and humidity during summer... Plenty of excellent restaurants. Don't know about the housing costs in Greenville but my Bro told me that the condos at Keowee lake are dirt cheap compared to what we pay in Baltimore or Newark/Wilmington areas.

Heat and humidity in summer? Hell, Baltimore has all you could want. It can't be any worse.
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:49 pm

My work used to bring me to the Greenville-Spartanburg area quite regularly years ago. A few days every month, anyway.

The BBQ was good, and the golf was OK too, but I could never live there in a million years. The people there, while generally polite, regarded me as if I were from outer space, and I couldn't bring myself to regard them at all. Not saying that they're good or bad--just much too different from I. And those radio preachers made my blood boil when I was trying to find a music station in the car.

I'm a northeast person and that's the end of that, I guess.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:02 pm

trombettista_vecchio wrote:My work used to bring me to the Greenville-Spartanburg area quite regularly years ago. A few days every month, anyway.

The BBQ was good, and the golf was OK too, but I could never live there in a million years. The people there, while generally polite, regarded me as if I were from outer space, and I couldn't bring myself to regard them at all. Not saying that they're good or bad--just much too different from I. And those radio preachers made my blood boil when I was trying to find a music station in the car.

I'm a northeast person and that's the end of that, I guess.

I don't mean to offend anyone but I've been to this Greenville-Spartanburg area for a few times and it seems like most women are chubbier than other areas within USA, not sure if it's related to diet... this is what they call "the bible belt" ,I think
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:06 pm

Mongrel wrote:

Heat and humidity in summer? Hell, Baltimore has all you could want. It can't be any worse.

Trust me, it's worse than Baltimore, much worse

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:37 pm