The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

2 posters

shocking impression...

Big Dave
    Big Dave

shocking impression... Empty shocking impression...

Post  Big Dave Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:13 pm

watching replay of Templeton on TGC.. just saw Poufter hit iron on par 3... the angle of camera was halfway between 90 degree frontal view and rear position.. I could see the green but also still saw the front of Poufter's shirt.

When he swung, from that angle (especially follow through) he looked like...

A YOUNG SAM SNEAD.

It's eerie, but.. it's there. Watch him with Snead in mind and see if you see it.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

shocking impression... Empty Re: shocking impression...

Post  Mongrel Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Big Dave wrote:watching replay of Templeton on TGC.. just saw Poufter hit iron on par 3... the angle of camera was halfway between 90 degree frontal view and rear position.. I could see the green but also still saw the front of Poufter's shirt.

A YOUNG SAM SNEAD.

It's eerie, but.. it's there. Watch him with Snead in mind and see if you see it.

I'll have to watch for him next time he's on a GC-televised event. I usually watch him putt pretty closely because he can be a real demon when he gets on a run. Lots of those guys sort of remind me of the Ancestors from time to time. There is one standout, however, who I believe is truly unique and can still just kill it at his advanced age and I watched him and his partner for awhile this past weekend at that Shootout: Kenny Perry.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Mostly German wrote:
    Big Dave wrote:watching replay of Templeton on TGC.. just saw Poufter hit iron on par 3... the angle of camera was halfway between 90 degree frontal view and rear position.. I could see the green but also still saw the front of Poufter's shirt.

A YOUNG SAM SNEAD.

I'll have to watch for him next time he's on a GC-televised event. I usually watch him putt pretty closely because he can be a real demon when he gets on a run. Lots of those guys sort of remind me of the Ancestors from time to time. There is one standout, however, who I believe is truly unique and can still just kill it at his advanced age and I watched him and his partner for awhile this past weekend at that Shootout: Kenny Perry.
    Must have been the angle or something, but that iron followthrough was pure Slammin' Sam... made me go to YouTube and watch his old vids and be sure that's what I remembered.. let me know if you make the visual comparison and tell me if I'm crazy... Poulter swung like Snead.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:55 am