The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+2
Fluffy
jt1135
6 posters

Exciting crap happening close to home

jt1135
    jt1135

Exciting crap happening close to home Empty Exciting crap happening close to home

Post  jt1135 Tue May 07, 2013 10:23 pm

About 1/2 mile away.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/05/07/semi-truck-train-collide-in-swift-county/

Walked half way there with a chair and a few beers, sat underneath a tree(which is the only thing left from the farmsite I grew up at), thumbed my nose at the cops and enjoyed my beverages.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Exciting crap happening close to home Empty Re: Exciting crap happening close to home

Post  jt1135 Tue May 07, 2013 10:26 pm

Only thing is the dumbass reporter said it was in the town of Murdock. Actually about 2 miles away between the Murdock (pop 281 and where I graduated HS from) and an even smaller town named DeGraff.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Exciting crap happening close to home Empty Re: Exciting crap happening close to home

Post  Fluffy Wed May 08, 2013 4:21 am

Obviously the slower moving object which shouldve been the train should have moved out of the way....Hope they are questioning the train driver asking him "Sir, were you looking at where you was going?". These trains are becoming a menace driving all over the place with nothing to keep them in order. Damn trains....
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Wed May 08, 2013 8:27 am

jt1135 wrote:Only thing is the dumbass reporter said it was in the town of Murdock. Actually about 2 miles away between the Murdock (pop 281 and where I graduated HS from) and an even smaller town named DeGraff.

Damn. And I thought that my hometown in Pennsylvania was small. Sheeeyut!
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Wed May 08, 2013 2:46 pm

Must have been a real hoot! Rolling Eyes
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Wed May 08, 2013 6:21 pm

jmtbkr wrote:Must have been a real hoot! Rolling Eyes

Not as good as the grain elevator burning down in 1977. Me and some buds sat and got stoned and drunk all day watching that one.
    Hey, you get your entertainment where and when you can around here.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Wed May 08, 2013 6:26 pm

I thought that grain elevators' life cycles typically ended up in explosions. I guess that the modern ones are too well vented. Restaurants, too, frequently have fires in their life cycles. Just like a forest, after the fire comes the time for renewal.

A Jewish man from Brooklyn went on vacation in Greece and was walking down the street in Athens and decided to sit down at an outdoor cafe and grab a cup of coffee. Coming out of the shop was A short plump middle aged man with swarthy complexion and a meadow of black chest hair poking out from his polyester shirt and the Jew pegged him as a native and the proprietor of the establishment. The owner spoke flawless English and a conversation ensued with the Jew praising the like new condition of the cafe and many of the neighboring commercial buildings. The Greek told him that two years before his restaurant and many of the other buildings in the block were severely damaged by a flash flood and that the insurance companies had paid for total rebuilds as well as cash to compensate for lost business revenue. The Greek asked the Jew what he did in America and the Jew told him that he had a garment factory in Harlem and that his building had burned a couple of years ago but his insurance company was still investigating the incident as arson and the money received was not enough for a total rebuild. And then the Jew asked the Greek "How do you start a flood?"
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Wed May 08, 2013 7:16 pm

jt1135 wrote:Hey, you get your entertainment where and when you can around here.

Not much entertainment here on long island since the joey Buttafuco/Amy Fisher scandal. We've gone thru a few hurricanes and a couple of major snowstorms, but thats not entertainment, justa nuisance.
    Oh wait....they did move the big LI Duck a few years back. Had to close down a few back roads to move it. Inconvienenced a few of the wealthy out east. "My my, how am I to get my Bentley home with all this traffic?"
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Wed May 08, 2013 11:36 pm

The big news in California is the high speed train that is soon to start construction. The original idea was a high speed train taking people from LA to San Francisco. Then it became clear that the land condemnations required would be next to impossible. So now they are saying that to complete the trip you'd need to change trains twice and then drive a long way to get to your destination. The first leg to be built will go from Madera to Bakersfield, which nobody needs at this point. It will turn out to be the biggest cluster of all time. Nobody will use it. Diane Fienstein's husband won the bid to build the first leg. Go figure.

A plane ticket on Southwest from SF to LA can cost as low as $69 one way on Southwest. disappointed
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Thu May 09, 2013 1:58 am

FamousDavis wrote:The big news in California is the high speed train that is soon to start construction. The original idea was a high speed train taking people from LA to San Francisco. Then it became clear that the land condemnations required would be next to impossible. So now they are saying that to complete the trip you'd need to change trains twice and then drive a long way to get to your destination. The first leg to be built will go from Madera to Bakersfield, which nobody needs at this point. It will turn out to be the biggest cluster of all time. Nobody will use it. Diane Fienstein's husband won the bid to build the first leg. Go figure.

A plane ticket on Southwest from SF to LA can cost as low as $69 one way on Southwest. disappointed

Make way for the Moonbeam Express. I'm glad I won't be paying for it. Although if there're federal subsidies then I am.

I've gone from a big metro that often is the hub of things happening and people watching things happening to a place where everyone seems focused on their own fun. Sometimes it has few people hanging around, other times it's well populated. Some guy that's famous for racing and building drift cars lives here. That seems to be a big deal. I did warm the crapper for Tom Hanks one day at Deer Valley. I apologized for making him wait for what turned out to be a very long time. He seemed to have to shift from foot to foot quite a bit but as he passed me said things were cool.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu May 09, 2013 2:25 pm

Forrest Dump?
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Thu May 09, 2013 6:21 pm

Mongrel wrote:Forrest Dump?
    Somebody poisoned the water hole...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:28 am