The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+10
Pky6471
edgey
Mongrel
jt1135
Olderplayer
Homeslice
Big Dave
Lorenzzo
Kiwigolfer
Horseballs
14 posters

A little piece of my soul just died

Horseballs
    Horseballs

A little piece of my soul just died Empty A little piece of my soul just died

Post  Horseballs Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:46 am

I am now the ashamed owner of a Scotty Cameron putter.
    It's called a Squareback or something. Looks like a regular Anser putter that has been stretched into a mallet. I will, of course, be throwing the headcover into the garbage can.
    We had our annual pro shop sale at the SPCC. It's an opportunity for the club to get rid of all the crap that no one wanted to buy throughout the year. Each member also has to spend accumulated pro shop cash earned in events throughout the year. I had a decent comp year and had $550 to spend. The SPCC only carries XL shirts and larger, I don't need shoes, clubs, range finders, or sunglasses. $550 is too much to spend on just balls and gloves. This is all just rationalization, but I did get it for $225. I also procured a pretty sweet Zero Restriction rain jacket, 2 boxes of Bridgestone B330's, and 2 pairs of shorts that I had to order. Not a terrible haul.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

A little piece of my soul just died Empty Re: A little piece of my soul just died

Post  Kiwigolfer Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:35 pm

You have entered into a faustian pact with SC. If it drains all the putts and knocks 4 strokes off your cap maybe your soul will be complete again. If not your soul is lost forever.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

A little piece of my soul just died Empty Re: A little piece of my soul just died

Post  Lorenzzo Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:38 pm

This considering what you yourself have said in the past is a terrible rationalization, the worst I've ever heard from a man. It would even make the top 10 I've heard coming from women, in fact maybe the top 5. That's really saying something.

And it's a mallet. OMG.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:53 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:This considering what you yourself have said in the past is a terrible rationalization, the worst I've ever heard from a man. It would even make the top 10 I've heard coming from women, in fact maybe the top 5. That's really saying something.

And it's a mallet. OMG.
    I know. I fully admit it's the worst rationalization I've ever made.
    I will not apologize for the mallet though. I switched to a mallet 2 years ago after using an Anser forever. I instantly became a better than average putter. I definitely make what I'm supposed to. My current mallet is a crazy looking bat signal Odyssey. At least this is a move back to normalcy.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:You have entered into a faustian pact with SC. If it drains all the putts and knocks 4 strokes off your cap maybe your soul will be complete again. If not your soul is lost forever.
    I don't hold any illusions that this going to knock any strokes off my game. To be honest, I didn't even roll any putts on the carpet of the pro shop. It was the SC or 5 more boxes of balls.
    I think my soul will complete if I use the putter for 2 rounds, decide it's a POS, and renew my hatred of Scotty with a new intensity. As long as it's in the bag, my soul is tarnished.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:You have entered into a faustian pact with SC. If it drains all the putts and knocks 4 strokes off your cap maybe your soul will be complete again. If not your soul is lost forever.
    I don't hold any illusions that this going to knock any strokes off my game. To be honest, I didn't even roll any putts on the carpet of the pro shop. It was the SC or 5 more boxes of balls.
    I think my soul will complete if I use the putter for 2 rounds, decide it's a POS, and renew my hatred of Scotty with a new intensity. As long as it's in the bag, my soul is tarnished.
    You passed up the Bubba pink shafted Ping driver and the Ian Poufter flourescent plaid clothing line, so...

well I was going to say you salvaged some small essential part of your manhood, but no.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:14 pm

Big Dave wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    You passed up the Bubba pink shafted Ping driver and the Ian Poufter flourescent plaid clothing line, so...

well I was going to say you salvaged some small essential part of your manhood, but no.
    Poulter has toned it down quite a bit. I know edgey hates the guy, but I root for him.
    Homeslice
    Homeslice

Post  Homeslice Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:16 pm

This experiment ends badly. The psychological effects could be devastating. Do you know what happens when you skull a shot across the green or go bunker to bunker with a $600 wedge. Did you learn nothing at GR?
    Olderplayer
    Olderplayer

Post  Olderplayer Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:39 pm

Must be gratifying to know you made Scotty just that little bit richer.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:49 pm

Olderplayer wrote:Must be gratifying to know you made Scotty just that little bit richer.
    Others' success doesn't bother me.

Homie, I will judge the merits of this putter on observable metrics like putts per round, FOPM, headcover prettiness, and ego boost. If it comes up lacking, it will be replaced.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:53 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Olderplayer wrote:Must be gratifying to know you made Scotty just that little bit richer.

Homie, I will judge the merits of this putter on observable metrics like putts per round, FOPM, headcover prettiness, and ego boost. If it comes up lacking, it will be replaced.

Wrong metric.

Cost of Putter: $225

Loss of Self Respect: Priceless
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:

Wrong metric.

That's a bit of a stretch. Everyone's self-respect has a price. Mine just happened to be $225. Yours is however much an eliptical machine costs.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:10 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:

Wrong metric.

That's a bit of a stretch. Everyone's self-respect has a price. Mine just happened to be $225. Yours is however much an eliptical machine costs.

You're half right, my self respect is priceless. The only path to its destruction is accessible exclusively by women. The last gf is now an ex. Didn't turn out to be who I thought she was (read opportunistic goldigger). I'm actually kind of down about this.

To tie this together, I did 1,000 steps in Laguna yesterday for a workout as I change it up constantly, then went to The Rooftop, met a gay guy who invited me to a party that night. Bought a shirt, went to the party and met a woman pretty nice with no kids. At least she was dressed like one. I admit to being a tad worried. She's the same age give or take as the last one and may not be financially strapped
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:

Wrong metric.

You're half right, my self respect is priceless. The only path to its destruction is accessible exclusively by women. The last gf is now an ex. Didn't turn out to be who I thought she was (read opportunistic goldigger). I'm actually kind of down about this.

To tie this together, I did 1,000 steps in Laguna yesterday for a workout as I change it up constantly, then went to The Rooftop, met a gay guy who invited me to a party that night. Bought a shirt, went to the party and met a woman pretty nice with no kids. At least she was dressed like one. I admit to being a tad worried. She's the same age give or take as the last one and may not be financially strapped
    Ah, the old pre-nup conversation wasn't the non-issue you were hoping it would be.
    I'd say I'm shocked, but you know I am not. You should also know that I do offer sincere condolences.
    Does this whole 50 thing got you screwed in the head? Just mess around without getting emotionally vested.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:40 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:

Wrong metric.

Ah, the old pre-nup conversation wasn't the non-issue you were hoping it would be.
    I'd say I'm shocked, but you know I am not. You should also know that I do offer sincere condolences.
    Does this whole 50 thing got you screwed in the head? Just mess around without getting emotionally vested.

That would be a Bingo (Inglourious Basterds reference). I broached the pre-nup conceptually and found out all I needed to know. Of course, I took care of business first. It was great but no blowjob is worth anywhere near what she'd want. Feel free to give me s.hit, I guess I deserve it. So yeah, I'm back to no emotional investment. That's how I started things with the blonde I met yesterday. Makes for better sex anyways in my experience. And yeah, 50 is different. Although 40 year olds in top shape seem easy to find around here. But I think after 50 the attempted gold digging will increase. I used to disparage the cat and mouse game played by older guys but now I get it.

This one says she skis. We'll see. I've heard that before and then had to ditch them on the blue runs. The great thing about skiing used to be ditching was easy. Now with cellphone coverage at most hills being so good, you need to beef up the excuse.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:48 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:

Wrong metric.

That would be a Bingo (Inglourious Basterds reference). I broached the pre-nup conceptually and found out all I needed to know. Of course, I took care of business first. It was great but no blowjob is worth anywhere near what she'd want. Feel free to give me s.hit, I guess I deserve it. So yeah, I'm back to no emotional investment. That's how I started things with the blonde I met yesterday. Makes for better sex anyways in my experience. And yeah, 50 is different. Although 40 year olds in top shape seem easy to find around here. But I think after 50 the attempted gold digging will increase. I used to disparage the cat and mouse game played by older guys but now I get it.

This one says she skis. We'll see. I've heard that before and then had to ditch them on the blue runs. The great thing about skiing used to be ditching was easy. Now with cellphone coverage at most hills being so good, you need to beef up the excuse.

Even terrorists know to use a throwaway cell phone for business, Zo. A proper blue-run ditch is to give her a shoulder nudge at speed and plow her into a tall snowdrift, and when she pulls out her Droid to give you a piece of her mind, she hears a ring from inside the snowdrift where you hurled your throwaway while making your escape. relationship over. Be sure and delete the nekkid pictures of you two before abandoning throwaway phone, unless the pics don't have your face in them, if you know what I mean, and I think you do.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:43 pm

Big Dave wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:

Wrong metric.

Even terrorists know to use a throwaway cell phone for business, Zo. A proper blue-run ditch is to give her a shoulder nudge at speed and plow her into a tall snowdrift, and when she pulls out her Droid to give you a piece of her mind, she hears a ring from inside the snowdrift where you hurled your throwaway while making your escape. relationship over. Be sure and delete the nekkid pictures of you two before abandoning throwaway phone, unless the pics don't have your face in them, if you know what I mean, and I think you do.

The objective would be to keep them around for later without having to be bored on a ski hill helping them get their skis back on after they've fallen when there's perfectly good snow out there crying to be skiid. My ex-wife and I first went skiing when we were dating. The first day, she wakes up sick, I wake up to 2 feet of amazing freshies and continuing snow. In that situation I'm an uncontrollable hedonist. So when she offered up my going and she'd be fine, I took it without negotiating against myself. Never heard the end of that one. But you know what? It was well worth it. Very few things could offset any of the powder days I've had in my life and my marriage certainly wasn't one of them.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:42 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Big Dave wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:

Wrong metric.

The objective would be to keep them around for later without having to be bored on a ski hill helping them get their skis back on after they've fallen when there's perfectly good snow out there crying to be skiid. My ex-wife and I first went skiing when we were dating. The first day, she wakes up sick, I wake up to 2 feet of amazing freshies and continuing snow. In that situation I'm an uncontrollable hedonist. So when she offered up my going and she'd be fine, I took it without negotiating against myself. Never heard the end of that one. But you know what? It was well worth it. Very few things could offset any of the powder days I've had in my life and my marriage certainly wasn't one of them.

What's been working for me is finding a FWB. Got this 50 year old widow that lives about 2 miles away. Always ready, not demanding as she has her own life. Been seeing her now for 3 years and she doesn't want to get married. Life ain't bad. Very Happy
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:36 am

jt1135 wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Big Dave wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:

Wrong metric.

What's been working for me is finding a FWB. Got this 50 year old widow that lives about 2 miles away. Always ready, not demanding as she has her own life. Been seeing her now for 3 years and she doesn't want to get married. Life ain't bad. Very Happy

You're lucky she's not from here or she'd have had lipo, fake tits installed, a makeover all to get you to spend more on her than a French hooker and then split with her what you got.
    Olderplayer
    Olderplayer

A little piece of my soul just died Empty Stop friggin quoting!!

Post  Olderplayer Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:38 am

Will somebody in this conversation stop quoting already.
    Soon one post will taken up the whole freakin page.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:05 am

Maybe it's time to let go of some of that old GR prejudice. After all I bought a Skycaddie NAH bought CG 16's, JonT is playing Ping shovels and FD is playing GFF blades. WTF? So what I am saying is that times change, we move on, things evolve. Maybe bagging a SC after all those years of hatred is just a natural progression. So I say good luck with your new Scotty. If it turns out to be a keeper you don't need to rationalize your purchase. On the other hand if it turns out to be a dog you can go back to hating SC. A win win situation.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:33 am

Kiwigolfer wrote:Maybe it's time to let go of some of that old GR prejudice. After all I bought a Skycaddie NAH bought CG 16's, JonT is playing Ping shovels and FD is playing GFF blades. WTF? So what I am saying is that times change, we move on, things evolve. Maybe bagging a SC after all those years of hatred is just a natural progression. So I say good luck with your new Scotty. If it turns out to be a keeper you don't need to rationalize your purchase. On the other hand if it turns out to be a dog you can go back to hating SC. A win win situation.
    You could be right. I now have a laser range finder, despite years of calling them "chopper binoculars." It was much easier when everyone stood on principal for so many trivial things. For everything below, each GR member had a clear stance, and would mercilessly attack anyone on the other side.

Lessons/Dirt
    Hybrids/Long Irons
    Blades/CBs
    Range Finders/GPS
    Cart/Walk
    Draw/Fade
    Putting Grip
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:53 am

You could be right. I now have a laser range finder, despite years of calling them "chopper binoculars." It was much easier when everyone stood on principal for so many trivial things. For everything below, each GR member had a clear stance, and would mercilessly attack anyone on the other side.

Lessons/Dirt
    Hybrids/Long Irons
    Blades/CBs
    Range Finders/GPS
    Cart/Walk
    Draw/Fade
    Putting Grip[/quote]
    Merciless attacks on opposing stances are juvenile. As for me,
    Lessons/Dirt: I take my lessons from watching pros play on TV and from my vast archive of Golf Magazines. I am striving to avoid practicing off rubber mats so that I can obseve the dirt I disturb more closely and try to reduce the volume since I am mostly a digger.

Hybrids/Long Irons: I really can't hit hybrids worth a poop on a reliable basis and am basically done with trying differnet shafts/lengths/grip sizes/swingweights with them. Besides, so long as I can keep my handicap above a certain level, I get to play from the forward tees in my regular club competitions and usually have some sort of wedge or, at most, an 8 iron approach on most par 4's and my second shot on par 5's is always a lay-up with no more than a 6.

Blades/CB: I got a new (used) set of CB's for Christmas and they are cast with a bit of plastic sstuff in the cavities. And they have graphite shafts. I have two sets of forged blades that will occupy places of honour in my basement cave.

Rangefinder/GPS: Unless someone buys me one for my birthday coming up in March, I shall continue to use visual clues and to glom on to my playing partners' readings which they always announce out loud as if discoving a vein of gold on the earth's surface. "Eureka! Its 110 to the center and the flag is up 5!"

Cart/Walk: As a wise old black man once told me years ago, "When you can you gots to use the machine do's the work for you."

Draw/Fade: Way too much physical and psychic energy has been used by me over the years to try to put a hook on the ball when the fade is my natural ball flight. Life's to short.

Putting Grip: I gots me a new (used) putter with one of those really think Wynn grips and I am working with it and think I have come to grips with how to best hold it.

Last edited by Mostly German on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : messed up)
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:21 am

Olderplayer wrote:Will somebody in this conversation stop quoting already.

If you had an Apple machine it would be no problem to follow along. Where it can get tricky is when someone misses the proper place to start their post after quoting and then you have to do research to see where their post begins. This means you Mongrel.

I think we should go for a record on multiple quotes so that it spills onto several pages. OP's post here is the perfect place to start.

We can cover things like people that put down equipment for years and then wishy wash themselves into owning it just before it's obsolete. That's a person who should never invest in the stock market. Or anything else for that matter.

If you agree or disagree, quote this. I'll respond by quoting you, etc.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:55 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Olderplayer wrote:Will somebody in this conversation stop quoting already.

If you had an Apple machine it would be no problem to follow along. Where it can get tricky is when someone misses the proper place to start their post after quoting and then you have to do research to see where their post begins. This means you Mongrel.

I think we should go for a record on multiple quotes so that it spills onto several pages. OP's post here is the perfect place to start.

We can cover things like people that put down equipment for years and then wishy wash themselves into owning it just before it's obsolete. That's a person who should never invest in the stock market. Or anything else for that matter.

If you agree or disagree, quote this. I'll respond by quoting you, etc.

I totally agree. What's more we need to test our new forums capacity by pushing it to the limit and seeing how it performs. A bit like a new car. You don't just commute to work in it. You take it out to a quiet stretch of freeway late at night and really let rip. We knew our old forum inside out, understood her quirks and limitations. It's time to find out what caddyshack.forumotion has got!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:22 am