The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

3 posters

How High Should a T Be...

Pky6471
    Pky6471

How High Should a T Be... Empty How High Should a T Be...

Post  Pky6471 Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:51 am

Took my new DET driver to a local range, taped that head 100% covered just in case to fleaBay if it would not fit (first time try Aldila Habanero S-flex)... Most of the ball marks are just above the X at the face , does it mean I should T it up maybe 1/4" higher to hit it at the center X mark?

Thanks guys/girls/AC-DC
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

How High Should a T Be... Empty Re: How High Should a T Be...

Post  Mongrel Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:52 pm

Forget the tape. Here's an easier way to identify impact. Get yourself a dry-erase marker and put a dot on the range ball and tee it up so that the mark is on your target line and on the equator of the ball. The marker will leave a small dot on the face of your driver that you can wipe off after each shot. I've found that the sweet spot of a driver can vary be a good bit from club to club and there's nothing better for your driver game than to identify where it is and to adjust your ball position and tee height accordingly. Historically, I've preferred a ball teed high so that I could try to hit up on it to get extra carry. This worked well with my Titleist 907D2 but is a non-starter with my 909 DComp. I finally found the discipline to tee the ball a good bit lower with that club and the combination of the lower teed ball and that driver (once I got the proper shaft at the proper length in it) is the straightest, longest and most reliable big stick I ever played.
    Lord Helmet
    Lord Helmet

Post  Lord Helmet Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:00 pm

Pky6471 wrote:Took my new DET driver to a local range, taped that head 100% covered just in case to fleaBay if it would not fit (first time try Aldila Habanero S-flex)... Most of the ball marks are just above the X at the face , does it mean I should T it up maybe 1/4" higher to hit it at the center X mark?

Thanks guys/girls/AC-DC

pk - I believe the best spot on my DET is just above the center of the face. Heel shots were the worst by far. Just above the center of the X on the face produced the best numbers for me on trackman or flightscope (cant recall which one). I use a 3.25 tee white w/ the blue paint and the top of the blue part sits flush with the ground. Ball position is off my right pit (I play lefty so reverse this). Report back with your findings.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:10 pm

Guys... I've done some readings on internet and there seems no agreements on where the sweet spot is. As I said, I hit 90% just above the center X mark of my DET (BTW, LH, I really like this club even with S-flex). Next week I will try to T up maybe 1/8"-1/4" higher and learn the impact. It took me awhile to accept that the loft does not dictate ball's trajectory but rather our "angle of attack"... I could hit 9* driver as high as someone who uses a 12* head. When I played in Vandalia OH, one young man hit a ball so low, I was joking that he hit a 7* driver then he showed me his 13* Ping driver

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:28 am