The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+3
Poe4soul
FamousDavis
tonyj5
7 posters

Inbee Park Eases her way to Kraft Nabisco Victory

tonyj5
    tonyj5

Inbee Park Eases her way to Kraft Nabisco Victory Empty Inbee Park Eases her way to Kraft Nabisco Victory

Post  tonyj5 Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:51 am

After a very exciting start to the season, the LPGA will be staging its first major championship this week with the playing of the Kraft Nabisco Championship.

This will be the first of five major championships this year. The United States will be trying to break Asia's streak of seven consecutive major championship victories. For more on that see my blog on Asian dominance.

Winning a major championship can go a long way towards achieving the LPGA's most prestigious awards at season's end. Player of the Year points and Rookie of the Year points are doubled for major championships.

This will be tournament number 6 of 28 on this year's schedule.

Here are the key details:

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/04/kraft-nabisco-championship-preview.html

Last edited by tonyj5 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:31 am; edited 2 times in total
    tonyj5
    tonyj5

Inbee Park Eases her way to Kraft Nabisco Victory Empty Re: Inbee Park Eases her way to Kraft Nabisco Victory

Post  tonyj5 Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:43 pm

Here are the leaders after round 1.

1 Na Yeon Choi -4 F
    1 Suzann Pettersen -4 F
    1 Jodi Ewart Shadoff -4 F
    4 Amy Yang -3 F
    4 Anna Nordqvist -3 F
    6 Inbee Park -2 F
    6 Giulia Sergas -2 F
    6 Angela Stanford -2 F
    6 Jane Park -2 F
    6 Jacqui Concolino -2 F
    6 Caroline Masson -2 F
    6 Lizette Salas -2 F
    6 Moriya Jutanugarn -2 F
    6 Jessica Korda -2 F
    6 Jiyai Shin -2 F
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Inbee Park Eases her way to Kraft Nabisco Victory Empty Re: Inbee Park Eases her way to Kraft Nabisco Victory

Post  FamousDavis Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:51 am

I think some of the tour players are eating too many Kraft Nabisco products. I bet Laura Davies can eat a whole box of Nilla Wafers in one sitting.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:14 am

FamousDavis wrote:I think some of the tour players are eating too many Kraft Nabisco products. I bet Laura Davies can eat a whole box of Nilla Wafers in one sitting.

I bet it wouldn't matter how much or how little Laura Davies ate. She's just a big girl. I followed here at the portland event. She's really a nice class act. She was paired with two tiny zipper heads and it was like they were playing different courses. She outdrove them by 60 or more yards.
    tonyj5
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:36 am

The second round of the Kraft Nabisco Championship saw the best of the LPGA's players rise to the top of the leader board. Inbee Park, Michelle Wie, Paula Creamer, Na-Yeon Choi, Stacy Lewis, Jiyai Shin and Ai Miyazato are all within striking distance of the lead.

Here is the full story:

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/04/big-names-rise-to-top-in-second-round.html
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:09 am

I'm pretty sure Inbee Park's sister is named Outsyde Park
    snapper
    snapper

Post  snapper Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:29 am

I tuned in last night to the KNC and was glad to see Michelle Wie playing/putting well and having fun. While I would not use her newest putting style, I do not mind seeing her bent over in a position that happens to be my favorite! bounce

Just found this forum a few days ago. Have been a GR member for a little while with not much activity. Wishing this forum much success!
    tonyj5
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:11 am

Will anyone be able to catch Inbee Park? Inbee extended her Kraft Nabisco Championship lead to three shots, shooting her second consecutive 67 for a three day total of 12 under par. Lizette Salas, who shot a 69, is her closest pursuer 3 shots back.

Read full story:

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/04/inbee-park-extends-lead-in-3rd-round-of.html
    tonyj5
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:32 am

Before the 2013 season started I posted my top 30 predictions for LPGA Player of the Year.
    My pick as winner was none other than Inbee Park. Inbee is making me look very good now, winning her second tournament already this year.

Inbee won this season's first major championship quite easily, with a 4 stroke victory over So Yeon Ryu.
    The issue was never in doubt. Starting the day with a 3 stroke lead over Lizette Salas, and a 6 stroke lead over six other golfers, Inbee put an end to this championship very early. Inbee birdied the first hole while Salas would record a double bogey, and the three stroke lead became six very quickly. From there on in everyone else would be playing for second place. The only question was how many strokes ahead of the field she would be when she jumped into Poppie's Pond.

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/04/inbee-park-eases-her-way-to-kraft.html
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:07 am

FamousDavis wrote:I think some of the tour players are eating too many Kraft Nabisco products. I bet Laura Davies can eat a whole box of Nilla Wafers in one sitting.
    That little chubby girl just proves one thing to all of us..."U don't have to hit a long way, U don't have to cock your wrists, U just hit straight and putt well... and U will score very well"
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:50 am

Poe4soul wrote:

I bet it wouldn't matter how much or how little Laura Davies ate. She's just a big girl. I followed here at the portland event. She's really a nice class act. She was paired with two tiny zipper heads and it was like they were playing different courses. She outdrove them by 60 or more yards.

"Zipper Head?" WTF? That came from WWII and the Korean War and died soon afterwards. It was those "zipper heads" who rendered Davies and most of the rest of the split-tailed round-eyes defenseless with their deft short games, precise iron play and superb course management.
    tonyj5
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:55 pm

Pky6471 wrote:
    That little chubby girl just proves one thing to all of us..."U don't have to hit a long way, U don't have to cock your wrists, U just hit straight and putt well... and U will score very well"

That really makes the game simple. But you are absolutely right.
    Only problem, its's easier said then done.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:19 pm

tonyj5 wrote:
    Pky6471 wrote:

That really makes the game simple. But you are absolutely right.

She proved the point. Loud and clear... For weekend players like me and most of us "no 2 chips, no 2 sand shots, no 3 putts" then we would have a decent round
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:36 pm

Definitely. The round I played two days ago proved to me that I can easily urinate away ten strokes with piss-poor pitching, chipping and putting. I've worked very hard and long this winter practising those three skills including chipping and putting in my basement. So I bore down Saturday and finished in 2nd place (net) out of a field of 32 earning myself seventy dollars and a fat number of Cup points. The last time I played in a group tourney at the same course last August I hit it about the same from tee to close to the green but this time I was 18 strokes lower. The next test will be this coming Sunday when our first Major of the year, the Tournament of Champions, will be held at my nemesis Pilgrim's Oak. I intend to slay that dragon. What was really cool about this past Saturday's round is that the greens were recently aerated and dressed with sand. Usually I freak out on aerated greens but this time, with my new ass-kicking Rife 2 Bar Mallet, I had a bunch of one-putts despite the nasty bumpy speedy greens.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:33 pm

I watched the last three holes of this event. I honestly don't know how the LPGA makes money. It was beyond boring. Inbee's caddy holding an umbrella over her head for sun? 8 people jumping into the lake? Who is watching this snoratorium?
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:39 pm

tonyj5 wrote:That really makes the game simple. But you are absolutely right.

Next time on a tight,short 335-yd par 4, T-off with a 3W or even a 5W, I am sure we would score as well. To me 7i-GW are scoring clubs, the rest are just "connection" clubs
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:57 pm

FamousDavis wrote: Who is watching this snoratorium?

Guys who prefer girls to other guys, maybe?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:14 am