The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+2
Player
tonyj5
6 posters

Can the United States Halt Asia's Dominance in Major Championships?

tonyj5
    tonyj5

Can the United States Halt Asia's Dominance in Major Championships? Empty Can the United States Halt Asia's Dominance in Major Championships?

Post  tonyj5 Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:48 pm

The LPGA will be playing its first major championship this week. It will be the first of five major championships this year. The Evian Championship has been upgraded to a major this year, giving the LPGA 5 majors for the first time.

Rancho Mirage, California will be the location this week for the the LPGA's first major championship.
    I will have more on this championship in the next few days, for now let's look at some recent history.

The United States has struggled mightily in recent years, as Asia has dominated the victory circle of major championships. Here is a look at major winners dating back to the year 2000.

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/03/the-lpga-will-be-playing-its-first_31.html
    Player
    Player

Can the United States Halt Asia's Dominance in Major Championships? Empty Re: Can the United States Halt Asia's Dominance in Major Championships?

Post  Player Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:48 am

Lets get real here TonyJ. There has been one Asian majoe champion in the history of golf, I dont think the US is sweating it just yet. A bumch of front bums who couldnt make the cut on the hooters tour do not qualify as golfers, let alone major champions.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Can the United States Halt Asia's Dominance in Major Championships? Empty Re: Can the United States Halt Asia's Dominance in Major Championships?

Post  Horseballs Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:59 am

The LPGA should just make every event played in the US a major. Yes, it would cut the major total down to 3, but it would make sense to the casual viewer.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:14 am

They should just keep the camera on Paula Creamer, Morgan Pressel and some of the other hotties on tour. Just put up a fake leaderboard and tell all the viewers that they're leading the tournament. Because, really, who cares who wins?

I'd watch.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:32 am

hate them won't do any good... USA needs to produce more/better players to compete and let the better wins... RAISE the bar, period. TW, The Bear, Arnold etc... raise the bar quite high for others to catch up
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:03 pm

FamousDavis wrote:They should just keep the camera on Paula Creamer, Morgan Pressel and some of the other hotties on tour. Just put up a fake leaderboard and tell all the viewers that they're leading the tournament. Because, really, who cares who wins?

I'd watch.
    Pressel is not hot.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:50 pm

Stick them all on a desert island and after about a month she will be one of the hot ones. Now some of the Euro's are hot. I don't remember their names because its not important to me. Just their bodies in motion. As for the Asian players, sometimes a few of them remind me of when I was decades younger and tended to patronize drinking establishments in Asia with other drunken sailors and marines.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:24 pm

Mostly German wrote:Stick them all on a desert island and after about a month she will be one of the hot ones. Now some of the Euro's are hot. I don't remember their names because its not important to me. Just their bodies in motion. As for the Asian players, sometimes a few of them remind me of when I was decades younger and tended to patronize drinking establishments in Asia with other drunken sailors and marines.
    It's well known that Asian women could be beautiful but definitely not sensual/sex appeal ... not sure why... maybe their shyness? David Chen (?) one the the famous Playboy photographer stated that he could not find a 'sensual' Asian for Playboy centerfold... I tend to agree with that
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:37 pm

Then David Chen never looked very hard in Manilla, Olongupo, Taipei, Keelung or Kaosiung.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:13 am

Mostly German wrote:Then David Chen never looked very hard in Manilla, Olongupo, Taipei, Keelung or Kaosiung.
    Glad to hear that U had a chance to screw them Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:49 am