The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

5 posters

Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World!

tonyj5
    tonyj5

Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World! Empty Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World!

Post  tonyj5 Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:45 pm

A year ago at this time Yani Tseng's lead as the world's #1 player was so large, it appeared it would be a number of years before anyone could possibly catch her. No one could possibly have predicted she would lose it this quickly. Not that Yani didn't have a great run. She did spend 109 weeks at the top, but her inability to find the winner's circle while Stacy has won 6 more times, has led to an unlikely turnaround.

For full story:

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/03/stacy-lewis-moves-to-1-in-world.html

Horseballs
    Horseballs

Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World! Empty Re: Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World!

Post  Horseballs Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:31 pm

Just a couple of questions...
    Who is Stacey Lewis?
    Who is Yani Tseng?
    tonyj5
    tonyj5

Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World! Empty Re: Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World!

Post  tonyj5 Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:00 pm

Horseballs wrote:Just a couple of questions...
    Who is Stacey Lewis?
    Who is Yani Tseng?

Maybe we should be asking...who is horseballs?
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:15 pm

tonyj5 wrote:
    Who is Stacey Lewis?
    Who is Yani Tseng?

I don't know where I stand in the world rankings.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:19 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    tonyj5 wrote:
    Who is Stacey Lewis?
    Who is Yani Tseng?

Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World! Smiley-laughing025Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World! Smiley-laughing025
    Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World! Smiley-laughing024 lol! Laughing Laughing Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World! Smiley-laughing019Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World! Smiley-laughing013Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World! Smiley-laughing013Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World! Smiley-laughing008

tonyj5
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:21 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    tonyj5 wrote:
    Who is Stacey Lewis?
    Who is Yani Tseng?

I think you rank just below asshole.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:23 pm

tonyj5 wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    tonyj5 wrote:
    Who is Stacey Lewis?
    Who is Yani Tseng?

I think you rank just below asshole.
    That's cool. Anything I rank above? Trying to get some context here...
    JonT
    JonT

Post  JonT Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:01 am

I watched the final round off the dvr last night; that was one of the better matches I've seen in a while, PGA, LPGA or othewise. Lewis and Miyazato both played strong going to the 17th hole before Miyazato had one bad shot that really got worse on every roll once it landed on the ground; a bit unlucky. Lewis made a birdie putt after a approach from a fairway bunker to make a three shot swing. Great golf.

For women's golf, I think Lewis is the real deal for a world #1 ranking; she's talented with great shotmaking, but her competitive nature really sets her apart. I don't think there is many pro's that can make the putts/shots she has done, and continues to do, to win under pressure with such cool, she truly has a killer instinct. The way she chased down Miyazato making great shots and birdie putts was impressive.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:10 am

JonT wrote:I watched the final round off the dvr last night; that was one of the better matches I've seen in a while, PGA, LPGA or othewise. Lewis and Miyazato both played strong going to the 17th hole before Miyazato had one bad shot that really got worse on every roll once it landed on the ground; a bit unlucky. Lewis made a birdie putt after a approach from a fairway bunker to make a three shot swing. Great golf.

For women's golf, I think Lewis is the real deal for a world #1 ranking; she's talented with great shotmaking, but her competitive nature really sets her apart. I don't think there is many pro's that can make the putts/shots she has done, and continues to do, to win under pressure with such cool, she truly has a killer instinct. The way she chased down Miyazato making great shots and birdie putts was impressive.

I miss Lorena Ochoa and Annika Sorenstam. They were both very clean looking and a pleasure to watch. I always thought Lorena had a nice figure. Annika was great to watch because she made it look so easy.
    JonT
    JonT

Post  JonT Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:53 am

FamousDavis wrote:
    JonT wrote:I watched the final round off the dvr last night; that was one of the better matches I've seen in a while, PGA, LPGA or othewise. Lewis and Miyazato both played strong going to the 17th hole before Miyazato had one bad shot that really got worse on every roll once it landed on the ground; a bit unlucky. Lewis made a birdie putt after a approach from a fairway bunker to make a three shot swing. Great golf.

I miss Lorena Ochoa and Annika Sorenstam. They were both very clean looking and a pleasure to watch. I always thought Lorena had a nice figure. Annika was great to watch because she made it look so easy.

My son works for a large firm which sponsored, in part, an LPGA tournament; one of the partners of the firm, who plays scratch golf, was playing the pro-am in front of a group that had this Mexican girl (he had no clue who she was) who's drives were rolling up behind them as he was walking to the green from his 280 yard drives. He estimated she was driving 300 yards or more. It was Ochoa.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:58 pm

JonT wrote:My son works for a large firm which sponsored, in part, an LPGA tournament; one of the partners of the firm, who plays scratch golf, was playing the pro-am in front of a group that had this Mexican girl (he had no clue who she was) who's drives were rolling up behind them as he was walking to the green from his 280 yard drives. He estimated she was driving 300 yards or more. It was Ochoa.

We went to watch LPGA tourney a few yrs ago at BulleRock (Maryland) where I bought my straw hat on the left, we followed Ochoa and Wie for 2 yrs at that Tourney (used to play at DuPont CC)... Wie out drove Ochoa EVERY TIME... except Wie did not know how to putt... and still does not know how... Last time I saw Wie bent almost 90* to putt, and golf Pros state "that's the sign of desperation..." Mad

[img]Stacy Lewis moves to #1 in the World! A9rwjb10[/img]

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:37 am