The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+6
FreakOfNature
Lord Helmet
Mongrel
Pky6471
Horseballs
FamousDavis
10 posters

Where is Lorenzo?

FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Where is Lorenzo? Empty Where is Lorenzo?

Post  FamousDavis Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:52 pm

Anyone know why he's not showing up? Where is Lorenzo? Dunno
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Where is Lorenzo? Empty Re: Where is Lorenzo?

Post  Horseballs Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:39 pm

He's vanished before, but I don't think for this long. I'm scared he may have gone against the sage advice of GR and banged that married woman who was hitting on him. Jilted lover murders swarthy foreign adulterer. They don't even bother investigating those crimes in the OC.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:27 pm

Horseballs wrote:He's vanished before, but I don't think for this long. I'm scared he may have gone against the sage advice of GR and banged that married woman who was hitting on him. Jilted lover murders swarthy foreign adulterer. They don't even bother investigating those crimes in the OC.

He had a Chinese girlfriend, maybe they are still enjoying the year of the snake somewhere in China...
    One time he mentioned that he went to an AC-DC party and a sexy mid-aged lady tried to pick him up, maybe that's the one U are talking about... He's swimming with all kind of kinky sex now so I don't think we would hear much from him...
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:23 pm

I don't know where he got to but just checked in over at The Other Place aka The Old Place and see that Larry is lonely and wondering where everyone went. Several old timers let him know what the reality is but he doesn't seem to be able to process reality. Poor old guy.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:29 pm

Mostly German wrote:I don't know where he got to but just checked in over at The Other Place aka The Old Place and see that Larry is lonely and wondering where everyone went. Several old timers let him know what the reality is but he doesn't seem to be able to process reality. Poor old guy.
    Am I the only one who doesn't want Larry over here?
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:23 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:I don't know where he got to but just checked in over at The Other Place aka The Old Place and see that Larry is lonely and wondering where everyone went. Several old timers let him know what the reality is but he doesn't seem to be able to process reality. Poor old guy.

Poor guy indeed. Now he has nobody to annoy after his range sessions of hitting 6 irons 165 yards to a 10 foot radius. I need to hear about "swinging the clubhead" for the 1000th time.
    Lord Helmet
    Lord Helmet

Post  Lord Helmet Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:50 pm

Horseballs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't want Larry over here?

No No
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:24 pm

No. His stuff is enough to make Barry Goldwater donate his unspent campaign coffers to Teddy Kennedy.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:31 pm

Mostly German wrote:No. His stuff is enough to make Barry Goldwater donate his unspent campaign coffers to Teddy Kennedy.

Was Barry Goldwater that PGA Tour player who, back in the 1980's and early 90's, was the only player with a serious workout regimine? I remember back then the analysts would say that it was counter productive for a golfer to work out with weights. Boy how things change.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:34 pm

Back then their workouts were mostly post-round in the club lounges where they would lift free weights in the form of heavy glass vessels filled with blocks of frozen water. Bathed with gin, scotch, bourbon and vodka.
    FreakOfNature
    FreakOfNature

Post  FreakOfNature Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:21 am

Horseballs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't want Larry over here?

NOPE. Leave him where he is. When an attention whore like Larry fails to get an audience, that right there is kharma - and it's a beautiful thing to see.

On topic - I sure hope Zo hasn't been swallowed up by some sinkhole. You know how he's always flirting with disaster... it's easy to wind up in too deep, and get stuck in a moment.

OK, that was probably lame. Next thing you know I'll stoop to creating a "Best Musical Soundtrack to an Absentee's Perceived Personal Life" thread. Rolling Eyes Laughing
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:29 pm

Horseballs wrote:

Here's the thing, without Lary we wouldn't have had the Thai Chi video. That thing was a comic master piece! It's too bad you can't have the good without the bad. Lary had his purpose but damn he was annoying. If I was a mod I would have made a Lary's Posts section of the GR forum and moved every thread he started there. That way we wouldn't have to see his drivel unless we wanted to pick on him.
    Lord Helmet
    Lord Helmet

Post  Lord Helmet Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:36 pm

Poe4soul wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:

Here's the thing, without Lary we wouldn't have had the Thai Chi video. That thing was a comic master piece! It's too bad you can't have the good without the bad. Lary had his purpose but damn he was annoying. If I was a mod I would have made a Lary's Posts section of the GR forum and moved every thread he started there. That way we wouldn't have to see his drivel unless we wanted to pick on him.

Great idea. Wish I would have thought of that...
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:46 pm

Poe4soul wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:

I think the tae chi video was overrated and I don't know why you guys still go on about it. You guys need to move on.
    12pierogi
    12pierogi

Post  12pierogi Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:12 pm

[quote="Kiwigolfer"]
    Poe4soul wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:

I think the tae chi video was overrated and I don't know why you guys still go on about it. You guys need to move on. [/quote

I tend to agree, seems he was doing some crouching tiger hidden dragon thing, you remember don't you?
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:19 pm

No one who has seen the Tai Chi video would ever claim it to be overrated. If possible, it's underrated.

The frumpy hat, the pear-shaped old man body, the jacked up shorts, the pool deck, the ridiculous swing made more ridiculous because of the slo-mo. This video was a classic masterpiece that the most gifted satirist couldn't come close to duplicating. It was a genuine laugh out loud moment, and I still have to compose myself when I think about it.

Potentially the funniest thing that has ever been digitally recorded, and I'm humbled I was one of the many who got to see it. Those of us who have watched the video are in a special fraternity of sorts, while those who haven't are somehow relegated to a lower class. The ultimate inside joke. A box to check off on GR HoF enshrinement.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:38 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:
    Poe4soul wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:

I think the tae chi video was overrated and I don't know why you guys still go on about it. You guys need to move on.

You are ignorant and in denial.

That's all I have to say about that...
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:49 pm

LMAO - whilst the glory days of GR seem a distant memory it's nice to know we can still get a rise out of the same old chestnuts. lol!
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:19 pm

So Mostly German isn't Lorenzo?
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:13 pm

Mostly German is. Mostly German. Not an ounce of Italian. Some French. Northern France.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:56 am