The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

2013 Srixon Z Star XV

Player
    Player

2013 Srixon Z Star XV Empty 2013 Srixon Z Star XV

Post  Player Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Have been giving these a bit of a go lately o see if there really is any improvement on the old model.

Just for a bit of background, I will use almost any premium ball but would probably say Srixon is my favourite, and I have played the previous model XV exlcusively the last 3 months since getting a few dozen real cheap. The old XV IMO is a super ball in all categories except possibly bite on chips from just off the green. But other than that it is long, ow spin off the driver, plenty of bite on full shots off the irons, soft off the putter and more durable than any other premium ball.

I can tell you all that the new 2013 XV is an even better ball. In addition to all the above good points, the new one also provides more bites on short shots around the green than any current premium ball. It is also eve more durable, if that's possible. I've used the same ball for about 27 holes and it is still in almost new condition, even after numeorus hard wedges. I haven't hit the new ProV1 so I can't comment on them, but the new XV is definitely far superior to the 2012 ProV1/X in every way, including price. I will not be surprised if this new XV gets some real traction with better players who play the ProV1X. I think for those who have to buy their balls instead of getting paid to play them, the new XV is a no brainer

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:56 am