The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+5
rooteen
Mongrel
jmtbkr
Pky6471
12pierogi
9 posters

What to do?

12pierogi
    12pierogi

What to do? - Page 2 Empty Re: What to do?

Post  12pierogi Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:43 am

FamousDavis wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    jmtbkr wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    jmtbkr wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    jmtbkr wrote:I am in the process of testing the waters, but I will continue to bag my one and only set for LI. The more I look, the more I want to replace what I have, but I can't help thinking that my money will be better spent on a series of lessons. Maybe if my pro tells me what I am using is below my ability and that I would truly benefit from a newr set, then I might pull the trigger (bad analagy) on a real set of Mizzys. Oh..I didn't mention the ones I saw on fleabay tuirned out to be Asian fakes. study

What did you buy a set of fakes? I've bad great luck on eBay, but I'm pretty picky about the seller. You should be looking for a set of mp-53 by the way. That's going to be my next set of mizuno.

No, I didn't buy them. I was interested but I did some research and found out the seller was not in the US.

Every now and again the 62 is a little under valued. It replaced the 32 and 60 and blows them away. I got a set for something like 225-245, 3-pw dynamic gold r300 love that shaft in those irons. Maybe 8-10 rounds of play. Nice. Read the reviews on the old site on the 62. Bunch of hacks love as well as scratch players.

My mp-62 are in the bag, may hit the range getting to 50 something in a couple days, a little range time would be good.

I tried the 53's the other day. Nice. But i keep on going back to the 58's. they just hit alot softer and i dont seem to loose any distance. Accuracy is more consistant, for me.
    I found a guy in Alabama who is selling new,wrapped sets of mp58's for what seems to be half price. $500. Too good to be true?? Name is Teestogreens(?). Found him on fleabay. Google mp58.

There is 2 sets of pretty nice looking 58s on eBay 300 delivered. New listings

S58 irons in great condition should cost no more than $215. I bought a set of like new s58 irons over a year ago off of Craigslist for $175. I liked the heads but not the AWT shafts. I think they normally came with CS Lite shafts.

I sold the Ping i20 irons within 1 hour of listing them last night.

He mentioned that he was loving the mp-58 set of Mizunos that he hit. 300 for those is almost robbery.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:00 pm

12pierogi wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    jmtbkr wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    jmtbkr wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    jmtbkr wrote:I am in the process of testing the waters, but I will continue to bag my one and only set for LI. The more I look, the more I want to replace what I have, but I can't help thinking that my money will be better spent on a series of lessons. Maybe if my pro tells me what I am using is below my ability and that I would truly benefit from a newr set, then I might pull the trigger (bad analagy) on a real set of Mizzys. Oh..I didn't mention the ones I saw on fleabay tuirned out to be Asian fakes. study

What did you buy a set of fakes? I've bad great luck on eBay, but I'm pretty picky about the seller. You should be looking for a set of mp-53 by the way. That's going to be my next set of mizuno.

No, I didn't buy them. I was interested but I did some research and found out the seller was not in the US.

Every now and again the 62 is a little under valued. It replaced the 32 and 60 and blows them away. I got a set for something like 225-245, 3-pw dynamic gold r300 love that shaft in those irons. Maybe 8-10 rounds of play. Nice. Read the reviews on the old site on the 62. Bunch of hacks love as well as scratch players.

My mp-62 are in the bag, may hit the range getting to 50 something in a couple days, a little range time would be good.

I tried the 53's the other day. Nice. But i keep on going back to the 58's. they just hit alot softer and i dont seem to loose any distance. Accuracy is more consistant, for me.
    I found a guy in Alabama who is selling new,wrapped sets of mp58's for what seems to be half price. $500. Too good to be true?? Name is Teestogreens(?). Found him on fleabay. Google mp58.

S58 irons in great condition should cost no more than $215. I bought a set of like new s58 irons over a year ago off of Craigslist for $175. I liked the heads but not the AWT shafts. I think they normally came with CS Lite shafts.

He mentioned that he was loving the mp-58 set of Mizunos that he hit. 300 for those is almost robbery.

I see said the blind man
    12pierogi
    12pierogi

Post  12pierogi Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:07 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    jmtbkr wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    jmtbkr wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:

I see said the blind man

I no you buy and try and sell as a hobby, sport. You know as well as I do we could almost make a living buying and selling on eBay, just knowing what the market is for certain things. I could have bought some mp-59 for 280 I think yesterday, that's an easy 100-200 profit to be made, they looked nice.
    12pierogi
    12pierogi

Post  12pierogi Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:21 pm

Mostly German wrote:Since you recommended this club over at the other place some months ago, I have been searching for one in the stores I frequent so that I can hit it. But they seem to be really rare on the used market except for Ebay. All that tells me is that when a club that was sold by an OEM, and assuming that they sold a bunch of them, is rare on the used market, the folks who bought them found them to be so good that they are still in the bags.

Now as far as my fairway wood problems, I finally bit the bullet and admitted that it is my swing and not the sticks that is the problem. I've been rebuilding it for some weeks and have been hitting one of my favorites from past years, Titleist 904F. With the new swing, I can finally hit a fairway wood again both off the deck and a short tee. With the old swing, I would pull and pull-hook these clubs but now they go straight or with just a slight fade at the apex. I may even put the Fujikura Fit-On Pro 95 stiff shaft back into the other 904F head. And I will continue to look for one of those CGB woods.

I've been banging on these 3 woods for several years, since they came out, all my buddy's have one. Everyone of them can kill it. They couldn't hit a 3 wood to save there life before.
    I cannot tee this club, I've been known to throw a ball on the box and wail it, you see the marks on the bottom, that's from if I even use a tee it's a sh!t teebox and the tee is pushed all the the way down. My buddy has the 5 wood also and can crush the thing. The shafts ridiculous light but works amazing in that club. When I need 230-250 this is my baby. I don't really hit it per se straight. I fade it 230 or draw it 250, or punch it 220 under the wind. Best 3 wood ever for my old ass.
    By the I mentioned this at the other place around 08 or 09 fun clubs was the topic on the thread I started. That hasn't changed in 2013
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:47 pm

12pierogi wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    jmtbkr wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    jmtbkr wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:

I see said the blind man

I no you buy and try and sell as a hobby, sport. You know as well as I do we could almost make a living buying and selling on eBay, just knowing what the market is for certain things. I could have bought some mp-59 for 280 I think yesterday, that's an easy 100-200 profit to be made, they looked nice.

i'll know this weekend what I'm doing. Heading to Fla for a long weekend and will hit up my local store to see what used offerings they might have. I may be coming home with something. If not, I'll hit up epay for those 58's, next week.

Funny thing....the MP58's on esmay that someone is selling for $339 is the exact set I saw in Florida last month. They were beat up exactly like the pictures show. A round, brown wear spot from hitting exactly the same way for many rounds, I couls've had the the for $195.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:11 pm

12pierogi wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    jmtbkr wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    jmtbkr wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:

I see said the blind man

I don't think I could make a living off of it. The Ebay fees these days are killer. I bought the i20 irons for $330 plus 8% tax so that's $356.40. I sold them that same night for $469 on Ebay. Before fees that's $112.60. The Ebay fees were about $32, so now we are looking at a profit of $80.60. The paypal fees were $14.00 so now the profit is only $64. Yes, I could have tried to sell them on Craigslist but that's a major pain and you normally don't get nearly as much as you would on Ebay.

JonT
    JonT

Post  JonT Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:45 pm

FamousDavis wrote:

I don't think I could make a living off of it. The Ebay fees these days are killer. I bought the i20 irons for $330 plus 8% tax so that's $356.40. I sold them that same night for $469 on Ebay. Before fees that's $112.60. The Ebay fees were about $32, so now we are looking at a profit of $80.60. The paypal fees were $14.00 so now the profit is only $64. Yes, I could have tried to sell them on Craigslist but that's a major pain and you normally don't get nearly as much as you would on Ebay.

Exactly. Last year I sold a several sets of new 2012 irons on ebay that I bought heavily discounted, by the time ebay and Paypal got done with me my profit went from $100 to $125 to $50 to $60. Ebay even charges a final value fee on your shipping costs charges, so you are lucky to break even on that. I do better picking up undervalued used items, but not much.It's a self financed hobby at best, unless you do high volume like 3balls who are supplied with used (and some new) clubs from major retailers for pennies on the dollar.
    emmanmin

Post  emmanmin Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:17 am

rooteen wrote:
    emmanmin wrote:I always come back to my mp 32's and R7 425 tp. I was just in the garage looking at the dozen or so drivers and 6 sets of irons thinking to my self...Damn I could have bought a brand new set of clubs with a dynamic fitting experience (or a nice used honda) for all the money I've wasted experimenting. What am I doing tonight ? Looking on fleebay for that magical club. I should realize that the special clubs are in my bag, by new grips for them and go on a golf vacation. I should probably join Ho's anonymous too !

Have you or do you use the mwt in the r7? Reason i am asking is that my r7 is 9.5* and i have the weight set for a draw (16 heel 1 centre 1 toe). I'm looking for a bit higher ball flight but still want to keep the draw bias so i'm wondering if putting 10g in the heel and 6g in the centre will do that? i believe to keep the shaft characteristics the same that the overall head weight should be the same.

No sorry I haven't messed with the weight set up for several years. I play an 8.8 head with a fubuki tour 73x shaft. My weights from heel to toe are 2-10-10-2. With this setup of the lower lofted head and high launch fubuki I get great mid launching drives with a decent roll out. My natural shot is slightly right to left. I had it set up for me like this by a fitter and never messed with it because it worked.
    emmanmin

Post  emmanmin Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:23 am

FamousDavis wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    jmtbkr wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    jmtbkr wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:

I see said the blind man

I agree to make money is not hard if your patient and research the price. Last year i bought a r11 driver with a miyazaki shaft for 225. I sold them seperately and got 85 for the head and 275 for the shaft. I have also had great success selling other things like coins. you can sell an unopened roll of .50 coins for double what they cost. just have to find a bank to work with, but a great way to make a small profit for ho money.
    12pierogi
    12pierogi

Post  12pierogi Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:04 am

emmanmin wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    jmtbkr wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:
    jmtbkr wrote:
    12pierogi wrote:

I see said the blind man

I agree to make money is not hard if your patient and research the price. Last year i bought a r11 driver with a miyazaki shaft for 225. I sold them seperately and got 85 for the head and 275 for the shaft. I have also had great success selling other things like coins. you can sell an unopened roll of .50 coins for double what they cost. just have to find a bank to work with, but a great way to make a small profit for ho money.

It's not as easy as it used to be. The fees have crept up, kind of a buyers market.
    It's been a few years, but I sold 2 cars, an Airsteam travel trailer, and a correct craft boat. Plus about 4,000 in old mopar car parts. It was a good year on eBay. The beauty of auto, rv, boats its a fixed listing fee, I imagine planes are fixed as well. I'm not sure what it is now, but then it was 45.00 to list 45.00 more if it sells. PayPal gets a percentage of the down, which is not significant on 200-500.
    I wish I had kept the Airsteam though, 31 foot 1966 model, oak cabinets, a customer owed me some money, in lieu I got the Airsteam made a small fortune on that silver Twinkie.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 8:25 am