The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

4 posters

SONY OPEN of last weekend

Pky6471
    Pky6471

SONY OPEN of last weekend Empty SONY OPEN of last weekend

Post  Pky6471 Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:04 am

That kid Russell Henley was incredible last week with three 63 rounds, if he does well at the Masters he will have a very bright future.
    Kudos to Tim Clark who gave him a run for the money
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

SONY OPEN of last weekend Empty Re: SONY OPEN of last weekend

Post  Mongrel Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:22 am

This past weekend was the first time in my memory that I watched almost all the coverage of that tournament. The Henley and Clark battle was epic. Also the best in my memory. But take away Clark's long putter and he probably plays well and finishes at minus ten. Henley's swing is sort of what I'm working on for myself. At least the tempo.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:51 am

Mostly German wrote: Henley's swing is sort of what I'm working on for myself. At least the tempo.

We are expecting that U would have at least one 63 round, right? disappointed
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:02 am

Of course. It will be the first round I play in Florida in early February. On one of my wife's relative's condominium courses. Its a par 3 course.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:50 am

Henley may go on to win several tournaments. On the other hand, we may never hear from him again. I remember when Billy Andrade won two tournaments in a row during his rookie year and never did anything after that. Sony is a weak field and winning there is a little less of an accomplishment than winning at the Bob Hope, which isn't any accomplishment at all. Alien
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Billy Andrade never hit the ball or putted like Henley. Except in his dreams.
    Golfaholic

Post  Golfaholic Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:56 pm

When we get Ernie Els, Mickelson, Woods, Mcilroy, Watson, Johnson and all those guys in the field, we can go ahead and make the multiple win season claim. As stated, it looked to be a weak field.

I watched the guy play one hole today as the Final round was a repeat and he made a nice Birdie from the trees on 16. I saw a lefty in his first PGA Season was also lurking around the top but stumbled on Sunday. It's nice to see new names, but we will have to wait and see if they can stick it out with the big boys.

I'm looking forward to next week, and actually watching some golf as my replacement PVR arrived today.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:48 am