The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

5 posters

Ok this has been bothering me.

12pierogi
    12pierogi

Ok this has been bothering me. Empty Ok this has been bothering me.

Post  12pierogi Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:40 pm

I was a kid in the 70s maybe 11-12 I can't remember the tv series, maybe the twilight zone, but this African small doll with a big head and teeth was brought home with a woman who was admiring it and noticed a necklace or chain around its neck, and removes it. Seems there was a warning not to remove, maybe in some African Swahili I can't remember.
    But the doll comes alive, and chases her around the house. Seems she tried to trap it in a suitcase, it has a large kitchen knife though and cuts through it. There were some other scenes maybe a bathtub bathroom were she tried to drown it, and it just came after her again.
    Seems she trapped it in the oven, and it made these creepy noises hH hhH, just when you think she defeated the vile little Pygmy doll that was good with a knife, the spirit of the doll possesses the woman, and she's waiting for her significant other with a big butcher knife scraping the floor in a squatting position in the end. Evil little critter, made an impression on me, I almost couldn't watch it at the time.
    What was that show or series called? I've only seen it once.
    Golfaholic

Ok this has been bothering me. Empty Re: Ok this has been bothering me.

Post  Golfaholic Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:23 pm

See, she should have just stayed in the kitchen to begin with.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:46 am

12pierogi wrote:I was a kid in the 70s maybe 11-12 I can't remember the tv series, maybe the twilight zone, but this African small doll with a big head and teeth was brought home with a woman who was admiring it and noticed a necklace or chain around its neck, and removes it. Seems there was a warning not to remove, maybe in some African Swahili I can't remember.
    But the doll comes alive, and chases her around the house. Seems she tried to trap it in a suitcase, it has a large kitchen knife though and cuts through it. There were some other scenes maybe a bathtub bathroom were she tried to drown it, and it just came after her again.
    Seems she trapped it in the oven, and it made these creepy noises hH hhH, just when you think she defeated the vile little Pygmy doll that was good with a knife, the spirit of the doll possesses the woman, and she's waiting for her significant other with a big butcher knife scraping the floor in a squatting position in the end. Evil little critter, made an impression on me, I almost couldn't watch it at the time.
    What was that show or series called? I've only seen it once.

I don't know but it reminds me of the Brady Bunch episode when the whole family goes to Hawaii. Peter finds this little idol shaped as a pigmy that's carved out of wood. Whoever puts it around their neck has bad luck. Greg almost drowns when falling off a surfboard in 2 feet of water. Vincent Price is the bad guy. Not exactly the pinnacle of his career.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:02 am

I was a real big fan of "The Twilight Zone" when it was first-run in in the '60's. All the episodes were in black and white. I seem to recall this episode. If you remember the show you described in black and white, it was probably "Twilight Zone". By the way, "Twilight Zone" carried some bad vibes. One of my favorite actors of all time died during the filming of the "Twilight Zone" movie. Warren Oates. Notable roles in the motorhead classic "Two Lane Blacktop" and "Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia."
    12pierogi
    12pierogi

Post  12pierogi Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:22 am

I remember the Brady bunch you bring up. It actually was a pretty good one.
    Seems they came to the conclusion it was not really bad luck.

Mongrel if it was one of the twilight zones, it must have been one of the first color episodes. Late 60s early 70s.

This was seriously scary. I'm telling you at one scene when the doll was sawing out of the suitacase, she either was about to grab the blade of the knife or did.
    The scene in the bathtub was great, as it was floor level and you know that trapping it in a towel and drowning it won't work. It was all she could do to keep the door of the bathroom shut, and it overpowers her and she flings the door open, and has a towel ready and traps it.
    Somehow it chased her into the kitchen, And acquires a butcher knife, and seems happy as it makes these grunting noises chasing her around the house.
    It had these triangle shaped teeth that like meshed together, kind of in a big smile.
    It's driving me nuts I'd like to see it again.
    12pierogi
    12pierogi

Post  12pierogi Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:14 am

Found it!
    Trilogy of terror the episode is called Amelia.
    It's a Zuni fetish doll. It stars a sexy Karen Black, that scares the hell out you in the end. It's on YouTube
    I couldn't sleep well for a month or more after seeing this in 1975.
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:38 am

Mostly German wrote:I was a real big fan of "The Twilight Zone" when it was first-run in in the '60's. All the episodes were in black and white. I seem to recall this episode. If you remember the show you described in black and white, it was probably "Twilight Zone". By the way, "Twilight Zone" carried some bad vibes. One of my favorite actors of all time died during the filming of the "Twilight Zone" movie. Warren Oates. Notable roles in the motorhead classic "Two Lane Blacktop" and "Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia."

Actually, it was Vic Morrow who was killed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:14 am