The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+5
Golfaholic
Playa Hata
Pky6471
FamousDavis
jmtbkr
9 posters

GR hacked as of 1 hour ago.....

jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

GR hacked as of 1 hour ago..... Empty GR hacked as of 1 hour ago.....

Post  jmtbkr Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:01 pm

that's it...I can't stand it!
    As of an hour ago, it seems at least 20 posts have been hacked for medical weed and other stupid things I can't interpet. Seems the eastern euro's have had their way. I sent a PM to Francois yesterday about the 100 or so "members" that were online and NOTHING has been done about it.

So, that's all fffffolks! I'm outta there. Permanently!

Seems the only people having a discussion was Larry and Alan, and that thread got hacked too, for more medical weed.

Sheesh! Mad
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

GR hacked as of 1 hour ago..... Empty Re: GR hacked as of 1 hour ago.....

Post  FamousDavis Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:16 pm

jmtbkr wrote:that's it...I can't stand it!
    As of an hour ago, it seems at least 20 posts have been hacked for medical weed and other stupid things I can't interpet. Seems the eastern euro's have had their way. I sent a PM to Francois yesterday about the 100 or so "members" that were online and NOTHING has been done about it.

Seems the only people having a discussion was Larry and Alan, and that thread got hacked too, for more medical weed.

Sheesh! Mad

Today I played the Wilson Pi7 irons, 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold Stiff shafts. I shot 78 with a triple bogey. These irons feel a bit heavy but they sure keep the ball on line. It's kind of like owning a set of Titleist 990 irons with two degrees stronger loft, larger heads and better feel. I'm definitely hitting more greens with these, even though the stiff shafts feel just a tad too stout for my liking.

At the 19th hole I had the Chicken strips, fries and a diet coke for $4.95 with no tax. It's called the player's special. I asked them if they had an awesome players special for guys like me but they said because there are so few of us that it didn't make since.

It's never easy.
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:43 pm

All that fried food is no good for you!
    I thought all Californians eat healthy - with the exception of the occasional In-and-Out burgie. My kids are crazy health nutz and when I come and visit, I get 'the look' when I eat. Pinks is good too!

I passed up on those MP63's last week. They were too beat up. Went back a few days later and they were gone. Wow, $150..... Rolling Eyes

So I'm now looking for something similar...a used set of i20's or Adams forged. Any thoughts? cat
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:51 pm

jmtbkr wrote:

So I'm now looking for something similar...a used set of i20's or Adams forged. Any thoughts? cat

I had a beautiful set of Adams A4 forged, love that set, I tried stiff graphite but it was too much for me... I sold it last yr, too bad, I would love to keep that set if it were R-flex
    Playa Hata
    Playa Hata

Post  Playa Hata Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:04 pm

jmtbkr wrote:that's it...I can't stand it!

Sheesh! Mad

I've been deleting and banning, but there's no way I can (or want to) keep up if this persists.
    Golfaholic

Post  Golfaholic Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:54 pm

The website isn't hacked, it's just regular spam...They just didn't create a new thread....
    Lord Helmet
    Lord Helmet

Post  Lord Helmet Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:31 pm

Ya know, I never lost the ability to post there. Others did. So when it is mentions everyone lost the ability - well, thats not entirely true.

Is everyone staying here or going back? Mainly the same crowd anyway.

I remember having to logon to GR multiple times during the day - just to delete spam. I think its the only reason holic asked me to mod...lol
    Playa Hata
    Playa Hata

Post  Playa Hata Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:08 pm

Lord Helmet wrote:Ya know, I never lost the ability to post there. Others did. So when it is mentions everyone lost the ability - well, thats not entirely true.

I remember having to logon to GR multiple times during the day - just to delete spam. I think its the only reason holic asked me to mod...lol

I'm willing to go back if what Francis says holds true with regard to site improvements and new user approvals. Our little community needs more bodies and this is the most promising way to achieve that.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:11 pm

Lord Helmet wrote:Ya know, I never lost the ability to post there. Others did. So when it is mentions everyone lost the ability - well, thats not entirely true.

When every new member for the past four months has a screen name generated by a computer, you know that the site's disease is terminal. My curiosity is morid but not enough to try to get back into it. I can watch the putrefaction just by lurking.
    Playa Hata
    Playa Hata

Post  Playa Hata Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:59 pm

Daaaaaaaaayum. GambemboxShom just blew FD up in a GR thread. I can't believe he went there.
    Playa Hata
    Playa Hata

Post  Playa Hata Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:05 pm

Playa Hata wrote:I've been deleting and banning, but there's no way I can (or want to) keep up if this persists.

I'm taking a hands off approach at this point and will just see how bad this infestation gets. It might be cool if the first 1,000 Non-golf discussion posts are advertisements for knock-off NFL jerseys.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Even if the site gets converted/upgraded, we ought to hang out here and let some new members bubble up and grow a spine. We can then switch back en masse if there is enough fodder. On aside, one of the mods will have to delete Larry's account or he'll run off anyone with any bit a sense. To be honest, I'm enjoying not seeing his posts here. I don't mind him that much but the cut and paste and canned responses gets very old.

FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:40 pm

Poe4soul wrote:Even if the site gets converted/upgraded, we ought to hang out here and let some new members bubble up and grow a spine. We can then switch back en masse if there is enough fodder. On aside, one of the mods will have to delete Larry's account or he'll run off anyone with any bit a sense. To be honest, I'm enjoying not seeing his posts here. I don't mind him that much but the cut and paste and canned responses gets very old.

No need to worry about Larry coming over here to post endless threads about right wing politics and swing advice. If he does join, maybe we can let him get comfortable for a few days and then give him the boot.
    Homeslice
    Homeslice

Post  Homeslice Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:18 pm

I know I'm a little late but I just went over there and told a newbie spammer to shut the fuck up. I figure that should take care of things over there for awhile and discourage future spammers. If some of you guys go over there and help pile on, that would really show 'em.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:19 pm

Homeslice wrote:I know I'm a little late but I just went over there and told a newbie spammer to shut the fuck up. I figure that should take care of things over there for awhile and discourage future spammers. If some of you guys go over there and help pile on, that would really show 'em.

I just checked it out. Good show. But it will do no good because I don't think those spammers (and I refer to any GR "member" with one of those computer-generated random character screen names) are actually human beings. More likely cyber entities created solely for spamming purposes. A spam factory product. Aliens have infested GR. The only thing to do to get rid of them is to nuke it. Let's hope and pray they don't find this site. Spammer shields up, FD! DefCon One.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:00 pm

Homeslice wrote:I know I'm a little late but I just went over there and told a newbie spammer to shut the fuck up. I figure that should take care of things over there for awhile and discourage future spammers. If some of you guys go over there and help pile on, that would really show 'em.

Earlier today I visited the GR website and sent a few private messages to a few of the spammers. I implored them to get their act together and explained how they were hurting the website. I then explained to them the merits of a hard day's work and that, with a little effort, they could be the manager of a retail store someday.

Imagine my surprise when I received some PM's within the hour. One of the guys was obviously touched by my message. He offered me a Joe Montana jersey at 75% off the normal asking price. Only $19.99 plus $8.95 shipping. That's a pretty good shipping price from Nigeria.
    Playa Hata
    Playa Hata

Post  Playa Hata Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:48 pm

I just received a complaint about your conduct from our new member 59901nyuppgc. I assured him that you would be banned the next time you used such tactics. As FD stated, he offered me free shipping on a Fran Tarkenton jersey which is far more than you can offer. Sorry, but money talks.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:13 am