The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

5 posters

Orlando memories...

Big Dave
    Big Dave

Orlando memories...   Empty Orlando memories...

Post  Big Dave Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:19 pm

I finally have all my crap plugged in and can find old files. I was reviewing the old Orlando video (can't seem to find the "movie trailer" I made with the Qtong "lonely man" walkoff, but I have found all the raw video files) and I found this gem.

It's the long driving contest, $5 on the line, between Pottsie and Mward2002. Mward was 4 shots back at this point, somewhere on the back nine, and fought his way back to a tie with a brilliant up and down to the elevated 18th.

This encapsulates a lot of what GR is all about. International, good-natured, boisterous. The fun started on the sixth tee for some reason. :-)

We need to get these two over here to FD's forum.

Playa Hata
    Playa Hata

Orlando memories...   Empty Re: Orlando memories...

Post  Playa Hata Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:32 pm

Big Dave wrote:This encapsulates a lot of what GR is all about. International, good-natured, boisterous. The fun started on the sixth tee for some reason. :-)

Is GR also about gay golf outfits? Oooof.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:45 pm

Playa Hata wrote:
    Big Dave wrote:This encapsulates a lot of what GR is all about. International, good-natured, boisterous. The fun started on the sixth tee for some reason. :-)

Gee, I can't understand why the members were complaining about slow play. It only too Mward 5 practice swings before he hit his drive.

On another note, it's dangerous to swing as hard as he did in those practice swings. You can easily damage a disk, especially in a pink outfit.

I would have won that match by the 15th.
    pingman360
    pingman360

Post  pingman360 Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:59 pm

Big Dave wrote:I finally have all my crap plugged in and can find old files. I was reviewing the old Orlando video (can't seem to find the "movie trailer" I made with the Qtong "lonely man" walkoff, but I have found all the raw video files) and I found this gem.

It's the long driving contest, $5 on the line, between Pottsie and Mward2002. Mward was 4 shots back at this point, somewhere on the back nine, and fought his way back to a tie with a brilliant up and down to the elevated 18th.

This encapsulates a lot of what GR is all about. International, good-natured, boisterous. The fun started on the sixth tee for some reason. :-)

I've palyed rio (name of the club he's a member at and the one in the video) many times with Q....... I would hardly call the 18th elevated by any means....
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:01 pm

pingman360 wrote:
    Big Dave wrote:I finally have all my crap plugged in and can find old files. I was reviewing the old Orlando video (can't seem to find the "movie trailer" I made with the Qtong "lonely man" walkoff, but I have found all the raw video files) and I found this gem.

I've palyed rio (name of the club he's a member at and the one in the video) many times with Q....... I would hardly call the 18th elevated by any means....

In Florida golf, the term "elevation" is all relative.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:29 pm

pingman360 wrote:

come on, pinglad.. he was shortsided and had to hit a pitch that would rise to a green two or three feet above his ball, cover only about 20 feet, and stop on a flat green. He did it. It was surgical. The use of the word "elevation" is relative. The shorter your pitch, the more significant even a small elevation is. He had could have effed it up a dozen ways. But he was great under pressure.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:31 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    Playa Hata wrote:

Gee, I can't understand why the members were complaining about slow play. It only too Mward 5 practice swings before he hit his drive.

On another note, it's dangerous to swing as hard as he did in those practice swings. You can easily damage a disk, especially in a pink outfit.

I would have won that match by the 15th.

FD, he took those 5 preactice swings because $5 means a lot to him. They cost him $1 per practice swing, when it was all said and done.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:16 am