The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

So who is still around from the GR days?

Pky6471

Re: So who is still around from the GR days?

Post  Pky6471 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:56 pm

Last 2 rounds I shot 89 and 87, that's very good by my standard... Have a T-time tomorrow at Wyncote in PA... If U are close to it, then U should play it, highly recommended. Mongrel and your buddy should try there, not too far from Pilgrim Oaks and I take Wyncote over Pilgrim Oaks anytime
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:48 pm

I've put a Taylormade SLDR TP 460 10.5 in the bag. It's set to about 9.5 degrees with the weight a little toward the draw side. It's the white colored one. I have to say this is one of the best looking drivers at address. The head has a great shape to it. I can really work the ball with this club. Sunday I face an uphill dogleg right and hit a perfect fade up the hill.

Unfortunately, since I only play about twice a month my short game has gone to hell. I can't seem to putt or make anything. I actually chili dipped a chip shot and that's something I haven't done in quite a while. I feel lucky if I make a 6 footer.

As for my drives, though, I'm hitting them long as ever. This club does make a difference for a high spin player.

For reserves, I've got a Ping i25 driver with a PWR 70 Stiff Flex, 9.5 and it's a bomber. Doesn't look quite as good at setup as the White SLDR Driver. I've also got a Titleist 913 D2 with Aldila RIP Phenom....definitely wins in the feel department and when hit flush is the longest of the three.
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:54 pm

FamousDavis wrote:I've put a Taylormade SLDR TP 460 10.5 in the bag.  It's set to about 9.5 degrees with the weight a little toward the draw side.  It's the white colored one.  I have to say this is one of the best looking drivers at address.  The head has a great shape to it.  I can really work the ball with this club.  Sunday I face an uphill dogleg right and hit a perfect fade up the hill.  

Unfortunately, since I only play about twice a month my short game has gone to hell.  I can't seem to putt or make anything.  I actually chili dipped a chip shot and that's something I haven't done in quite a while.  I feel lucky if I make a 6 footer.  

As for my drives, though, I'm hitting them long as ever.  This club does make a difference for a high spin player.  

For reserves, I've got a Ping i25 driver with a PWR 70 Stiff Flex, 9.5 and it's a bomber.  Doesn't look quite as good at setup as the White SLDR Driver.  I've also got a Titleist 913 D2 with Aldila RIP Phenom....definitely wins in the feel department and when hit flush is the longest of the three.  

There's a new member in our club. A young guy (early 40's at most) who bags a SLDR driver. One of the silver heads. He put an X flex Fuji shaft in it cut down to 44" and he chokes down another two inches. He has a short backswing well short of parallel and a full follow=through. Big guy built like an NFL linebacker. Trajectory is so high that it took me two rounds to be able to follow it. Tour distance maybe 20-30 yards past mediocre PGA guys.
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr on Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:15 am

Hello!
    I totally forgot about this place.
    Got my game under control this past winter. Down to an 8 index. We drove back to Long Island mid May and I froze my ass off in the 50-60 deg weather for a month. Now that it's finally back to the 80's, my game is again under control.
    Still playing the G15 driver with a little lead tape on the back, makes it a bit more forgiving.
    I had a Titleist fitting in florida in April. After an hour of changing shafts, my 910d2 was going really good. Then tried the 917d2 head. Same numbers. So then i asked the fitter, could i compare the G15? Same numbers!! So i guess I saved $550.
    Having trouble lately with my Scotty, so i'm back to the Odyssey. Face balanced is better than toe balance, for me.
    Can't wait to get back down south!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:15 pm