The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

So who is still around from the GR days?

Pky6471

Re: So who is still around from the GR days?

Post  Pky6471 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:56 pm

Last 2 rounds I shot 89 and 87, that's very good by my standard... Have a T-time tomorrow at Wyncote in PA... If U are close to it, then U should play it, highly recommended. Mongrel and your buddy should try there, not too far from Pilgrim Oaks and I take Wyncote over Pilgrim Oaks anytime
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:48 pm

I've put a Taylormade SLDR TP 460 10.5 in the bag. It's set to about 9.5 degrees with the weight a little toward the draw side. It's the white colored one. I have to say this is one of the best looking drivers at address. The head has a great shape to it. I can really work the ball with this club. Sunday I face an uphill dogleg right and hit a perfect fade up the hill.

Unfortunately, since I only play about twice a month my short game has gone to hell. I can't seem to putt or make anything. I actually chili dipped a chip shot and that's something I haven't done in quite a while. I feel lucky if I make a 6 footer.

As for my drives, though, I'm hitting them long as ever. This club does make a difference for a high spin player.

For reserves, I've got a Ping i25 driver with a PWR 70 Stiff Flex, 9.5 and it's a bomber. Doesn't look quite as good at setup as the White SLDR Driver. I've also got a Titleist 913 D2 with Aldila RIP Phenom....definitely wins in the feel department and when hit flush is the longest of the three.
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:54 pm

FamousDavis wrote:I've put a Taylormade SLDR TP 460 10.5 in the bag.  It's set to about 9.5 degrees with the weight a little toward the draw side.  It's the white colored one.  I have to say this is one of the best looking drivers at address.  The head has a great shape to it.  I can really work the ball with this club.  Sunday I face an uphill dogleg right and hit a perfect fade up the hill.  

Unfortunately, since I only play about twice a month my short game has gone to hell.  I can't seem to putt or make anything.  I actually chili dipped a chip shot and that's something I haven't done in quite a while.  I feel lucky if I make a 6 footer.  

As for my drives, though, I'm hitting them long as ever.  This club does make a difference for a high spin player.  

For reserves, I've got a Ping i25 driver with a PWR 70 Stiff Flex, 9.5 and it's a bomber.  Doesn't look quite as good at setup as the White SLDR Driver.  I've also got a Titleist 913 D2 with Aldila RIP Phenom....definitely wins in the feel department and when hit flush is the longest of the three.  

There's a new member in our club. A young guy (early 40's at most) who bags a SLDR driver. One of the silver heads. He put an X flex Fuji shaft in it cut down to 44" and he chokes down another two inches. He has a short backswing well short of parallel and a full follow=through. Big guy built like an NFL linebacker. Trajectory is so high that it took me two rounds to be able to follow it. Tour distance maybe 20-30 yards past mediocre PGA guys.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:16 am