The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

4 posters

HISTORY has shown that....

Pky6471
    Pky6471

HISTORY has shown that.... Empty HISTORY has shown that....

Post  Pky6471 Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:46 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/latest-ready-monday-golf-open-102945020--golf.html

... the ONLY way that DJ could win is when they cut that tournament short and he wins by default... it's been proven... I like DJ but.....
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

HISTORY has shown that.... Empty Re: HISTORY has shown that....

Post  Mongrel Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:04 pm

DJ ran out of gas. You could see that coming yesterday afternoon. I have to work today so instead of watching it on TV, I have to settle for periodic updates on my fucking computer.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:01 pm

Zach Johnson. Well just beat me about the head with a rubber hose. Guess long Johnsons are over-rated.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:32 pm

Glad to see that ZJ won... he's not long but super accurate with his wedges... I still remember when he won his last Masters , he laid up on a par5 and with his wedge he birdied that hole... Talk about course management and playing to your strength
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:22 pm

I was hoping Spieth would come thru but alas, twasn't meant to be. Didn't think Dunne wouldn't hold it together and he didn't but the US amateur from Wisconsin had a good showing.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:36 pm

I didn't see it and hopefully the golf channel will have a replay tonight maybe. Zach must have had his wedges and putter working today. If you can't wedge it close and make the putts, you can't win no matter how far you hit it. So I'm going to concentrate on pitching, chipping and putting practice from now until this coming Saturday morning when I play the next event. I told a relative over the weekend who was pulling for Spieth as was I that Jordan was such an honorable golfer for one so young. How many of the other pros would honor a commitment to play in a waste of an event in flyover country just to defend a title? Then I realized that Johnson also played in that event and finished just a stroke behind and missed the playoff that Jordan won. So I guess turnabout is fair play.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:34 am

A tournament that is a wedge contest should not be on the PGA tour no less a major. The British Open is pathetic particularly when at St. Andrews. Luck and wedges does not equal test.

Limies should volunteer to have their crappy, short-knocking luck fest pulled from the rota and designate St. Andrews a pitch and putt ""executive" course.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:20 am

It was a hard Open for me to watch. ESPN is the absolute worst at handling a major golf event. I thought that Fox Sports was the worst after the US Open but this coverage was three times as shitty. And the cheap cock-suckers didn't even have the decency to re-broadcast the last round last night for the few of us who actually went to work yesterday morning. I guess its what to expect from a media organization that gives a transvestite publicity hound a "courage" award. The interns who work at ESPN headquarters must all be pubescent catamites with gerbils on rhinestone leashes. I really preferred the old days when we in the States had to settle for the BBC coverage. At least those guys knew golf.

Now the course: when a player hit his drive into the rough on, maybe, #17, one of the commentators remarked at the sparse gorse that provided mostly good lies as opposed to when it used to be penal. He intimated that the club was keeping it down and thinned out so that the general public could play the course in less than 9.4 hours. So close the motherfucker for a month or so before the Open and let it grow. And stop watering the fairways and keep mowing them down. And mow the greens down another foot or more on the old Stimp. The winning score for this tournament no matter the venue should be no more that two or three under.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:18 pm