The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

5 posters

Free The Powder Gloves!!!

Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Free The Powder Gloves!!! Empty Free The Powder Gloves!!!

Post  Lorenzzo Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:41 pm

It's so dead around here the only spam going on is the Tony sexual deviant stuff. So I'd like to balance that with something that should truly interest you. FD, you can stop reading now.

A local Park City skier and entrepreneur realized the cost, quality, design and distribution of winter gloves could be improved dramatically. So he did that. These things are more functional and better quality than gloves twice the price.

Only two designs available now, the mittens will be released shortly. Even Nifty needs these for those rare occasions when he goes outside. Kiwi, no shipping outside NA. Sorry.

How cool to build a better glove and then see them on the lifts, in the backcountry, on the hands of bimbos reporting on snowstorms from their stations' parking lots....etc.....

http://www.freethepowder.com
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Free The Powder Gloves!!! Empty Re: Free The Powder Gloves!!!

Post  Mongrel Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:26 am

Glove technology is cool. When I started to ski in 1961, choices were limited. The leather gloves I wore leaked easily when the temperature rose and I hated it. In the 1970's, I bought a pair of really nice brown leather gloves with gauntlets that almost reached my elbows. Those were great and long after I had stopped skiing regularly, I wore them when riding my motorcycles no matter what the season. I would ride in zero degree (F) temps so long as the roads were free from coatings. Giving today's price levels, those gloves look like a bargain.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:19 am

Mongrel wrote:Glove technology is cool. When I started to ski in 1961, choices were limited. The leather gloves I wore leaked easily when the temperature rose and I hated it. In the 1970's, I bought a pair of really nice brown leather gloves with gauntlets that almost reached my elbows. Those were great and long after I had stopped skiing regularly, I wore them when riding my motorcycles no matter what the season. I would ride in zero degree (F) temps so long as the roads were free from coatings. Given today's price levels, those gloves look like a bargain.
    Glove prices are generally ridiculous. The better versions are >$130 msrp with the more coveted ones being >$160. The unit production cost is around $12 for the quality pairs.

The FTP have some innovative features and are über, uber warm. Plus the back of the thumb has specialized material for wiping snot. These things should last longer than your average marital relationship. Ok, way longer.
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:07 pm

Isotoner gloves pretty much cover my needs. My driveway, path, and steps are usually cleaned off before I get up to walk the dog.

I've got a nice pair of Fratelli Orsinis, but they're brown and I don't have too much in the way of brown shoes. A couple pairs of boat shoes, I guess.

I used to wear Everlast gloves a lot as a young man--many years ago--and I have throw away plastic gloves for cleaning and that sort of thing.

But nice, warm, winter gloves? Great if one needs them, but it's best to never need them.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:36 pm

trombettista_vecchio wrote:Isotoner gloves pretty much cover my needs.  My driveway, path, and steps are usually cleaned off before I get up to walk the dog.

I've got a nice pair of Fratelli Orsinis, but they're brown and I don't have too much in the way of brown shoes. A couple pairs of boat shoes, I guess.

I used to wear Everlast gloves a lot as a young man--many years ago--and I have throw away plastic gloves for cleaning and that sort of thing.

But nice, warm, winter gloves?  Great if one needs them, but it's best to never need them.

Do they still make Isotoner's?  That's from like 30 years ago. New England is so quaint.

You weren't really the target market. The target market consists of people who use their hands outside in the winter. Hey warning though… The cuffs on these gloves are heftier than normal by design which at times of challenge the sleeves on a jacket.

Thought you should know.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:01 am

We ship to the U.S. and Canada Only

.... ah well it is supposed to be summertime down under. Not that it feels like it yet! Look like good gloves at a great price.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:47 am

Kiwigolfer wrote:We ship to the U.S. and Canada Only

.... ah well it is supposed to be summertime down under. Not that it feels like it yet! Look like good gloves at a great price.

When your winter approaches I'd ship you a pair if you're interested. By then it will have received a full winter test. The test begins on Saturday with 1-3 feet expected on opening day.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:30 pm

I'm envious of anyone who looks forward to winter. We had 3 inches tops on Monday morning and school was closed. I think the school admins don't like working and are given the power of granting themselves days off when there is tiny bit of snow on the road. Kind of like Congress voting themselves raises.
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:14 pm

No snow in Southern NH yet, but it's been really cold. There's a tech working on my furnace right now at 10:14PM..
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:08 pm

Horseballs wrote:I'm envious of anyone who looks forward to winter.  We had 3 inches tops on Monday morning and school was closed.  I think the school admins don't like working and are given the power of granting themselves days off when there is tiny bit of snow on the road.  Kind of like Congress voting themselves raises.  

Can you imagine how much the teachers who want a snow day here? Problem for them is our state of the art snow removal system. Still they seem to get their share of days off.

We're talking 3+ feet at the Bird here. All at once at the beginning should make it interesting. This will be a huge year.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:29 am