The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

5 posters

Is this site DYING ???

Pky6471
    Pky6471

Is this site DYING ??? Empty Is this site DYING ???

Post  Pky6471 Mon May 12, 2014 10:09 am

disappointed disappointed disappointed 
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Is this site DYING ??? Empty Re: Is this site DYING ???

Post  Mongrel Mon May 12, 2014 11:01 am

It the Tiger Woods Effect. He's out of the game and people lose interest. Except for a few of us. I watched a very compelling conclusion to a tournament yesterday evening and, being of German extraction, am highly pleased with the result.

I also just got a new set of irons and will be moving on from Grain Flow Forged in order to reduce my scores.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon May 12, 2014 5:11 pm

Mongrel wrote:It the Tiger Woods Effect. He's out of the game and people lose interest. Except for a few of us. I watched a very compelling conclusion to a tournament yesterday evening and, being of German extraction, am highly pleased with the result.

I also just got a new set of irons and will be moving on from Grain Flow Forged in order to reduce my scores.

You have to admit, the tour isn't even close to what it was when Tiger was playing. I was enjoying my DVR'd recording of the TPC until they had a weather delay. Nice to see Kaymer win again. That's two pretty big wins if you ask me.

Furyk needs to be banned from the tour. They should have penalized him on the 17th green for taking so long over that putt. That was beyond painful to watch.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon May 12, 2014 7:29 pm

IMO, that tourney was good to the end... Somehow the young and restless Jordan S could not close the deal. That would be a detrimental effect on him, he would have doubt if he could be good enough to close a BIG tourney. He has the game, the skills, the "veteran" mind, I like him
    rooteen
    rooteen

Post  rooteen Tue May 13, 2014 5:44 am

FamousDavis wrote:
    Mongrel wrote:It the Tiger Woods Effect. He's out of the game and people lose interest. Except for a few of us. I watched a very compelling conclusion to a tournament yesterday evening and, being of German extraction, am highly pleased with the result.

You have to admit, the tour isn't even close to what it was when Tiger was playing.  I was enjoying my DVR'd recording of the TPC until they had a weather delay.  Nice to see Kaymer win again.  That's two pretty big wins if you ask me.  

Furyk needs to be banned from the tour.  They should have penalized him on the 17th green for taking so long over that putt.  That was beyond painful to watch.  

+1 on Furyk. I was watching the last round live, and nearly threw up watching him rehearse the putt he had on 18 after the rain delay. Think he stood up to it and lined it up 10 times before they blew the horn to resume play. For christ's sake, it was a 2 foot putt!

I haven't been keeping up with who is playing what, so what irons are worthy of kicking gff out of the bag?

Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue May 13, 2014 7:40 am

Gee, I wonder if I was the only one watching hoping that Furyk would miss that putt after the horn blew?
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Tue May 13, 2014 12:21 pm

rooteen wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

You have to admit, the tour isn't even close to what it was when Tiger was playing.  I was enjoying my DVR'd recording of the TPC until they had a weather delay.  Nice to see Kaymer win again.  That's two pretty big wins if you ask me.  

Furyk needs to be banned from the tour.  They should have penalized him on the 17th green for taking so long over that putt.  That was beyond painful to watch.  

+1 on Furyk. I was watching the last round live, and nearly threw up watching him rehearse the putt he had on 18 after the rain delay. Think he stood up to it and lined it up 10 times before they blew the horn to resume play. For christ's sake, it was a 2 foot putt!

I haven't been keeping up with who is playing what, so what irons are worthy of kicking gff out of the bag?

I'm currently playing Taylormade Tour Burner irons with the stock S105 stiff steel shaft. It's a great iron. Long. Feels good for non forged. Word.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue May 13, 2014 1:20 pm

I just picked up a 3-PW set of Titleist 775 CB's with Titleist Nippon NS Pro 100 stiff shafts. Great condition for $110 at local shop. Forged heads out of 410 stainless. Not soft like Grain Flow Forged but who the hell cares? Loving the Nippon shafts and had never hit them before. Have not played them on course yet but in simulator and on the range and the field I've gotten back the distance I want with PW. In the GG simulator, I was carrying the ball from 98-105 with controlled swing and the total distances were 1 to 4 yards less than carry with backspin in the 7,500 range. That be some spin with PW.
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Sun May 18, 2014 6:19 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    rooteen wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

I'm currently playing Taylormade Tour Burner irons with the stock S105 stiff steel shaft.   It's a great iron.  Long.  Feels good for non forged.  Word.

Haha!! You should have never gotten rid of the X20's!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content