The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

4 posters

Surprises & Disappointments - Part 1

tonyj5
    tonyj5

Surprises & Disappointments - Part 1 Empty Surprises & Disappointments - Part 1

Post  tonyj5 Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:33 pm

Although the LPGA has completed only 7 of the 32 tournaments on the 2014 schedule, I don't think it is too early to take a look at some of the ladies who have been the biggest surprises and biggest disappointments of the year thus far.

As I do every year, I will do this again at the halfway point of the season and again at the season's end.

To further explain how I make my picks, the fact that Lydia Ko is doing so well and is not on my list is because I have such high expectations for her that this is not a surprise. The fact that the still slumping Yani Tseng, who was my biggest disappointment last year, is not on my list this year is because I have lowered my expectations so much that her continued poor play is no longer surprising.

With that in mind here are my early season choices:

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2014/04/surprises-disappointments-part-1.html
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Surprises & Disappointments - Part 1 Empty Re: Surprises & Disappointments - Part 1

Post  Horseballs Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:31 am

Tony,
    What is your take on Paulina Gretsky being on the Golf Digest cover? I read that there hasn't been an actual LPGA player on the cover in several years and the last 3 female covers have been hotties either unrelated to golf or tenuously related to golf. As an insider, what is the feeling out on the LPGA tour?
    tonyj5
    tonyj5

Surprises & Disappointments - Part 1 Empty Re: Surprises & Disappointments - Part 1

Post  tonyj5 Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:36 pm

Horseballs wrote:Tony,
    What is your take on Paulina Gretsky being on the Golf Digest cover?  I read that there hasn't been an actual LPGA player on the cover in several years and the last 3 female covers have been hotties either unrelated to golf or tenuously related to golf.  As an insider, what is the feeling out on the LPGA tour?

I did a blog on that subject last week with some interesting photos and quotes from the players.

Take a look...I think you will find it interesting:

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2014/04/paula-creamer-ties-tiger-woods-golf.html
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:49 am

I think that Sydnee Michaels would look just as good as Paulina Gretzky if her photo was professionally air brushed as I'm sure Gretzky's was. With different makeup, hair, lighting, fake tan, better pose and a little professional air brushing she'd be looking hot IMO.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:30 pm

Tony, I was hoping to actually engage in a bit of a dialogue, not be directed to your blog.

My take? Golf Digest doesn't need the female demographic at all, and is hurting its standing with the male demographic by even remotely covering the women's game.
    I hardly ever see women playing golf, and when I do they don't play well. I think it's a social thing for them that could easily be replaced by shopping.
    Golf Digest needs more playboy style cover shots with models who have nothing to do with golf. If Adams had an ad with Scarlett Johansson titty fukking a hybrid, I'd buy it sight-unseen.
    It's already bad enough Golf Digest dedicates one page to Ask Stina.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:39 pm

Horseballs wrote:Tony, I was hoping to actually engage in a bit of a dialogue, not be directed to your blog.  

My take?  Golf Digest doesn't need the female demographic at all, and is hurting its standing with the male demographic by even remotely covering the women's game.  
    I hardly ever see women playing golf, and when I do they don't play well.  I think it's a social thing for them that could easily be replaced by shopping.  
    Golf Digest needs more playboy style cover shots with models who have nothing to do with golf.  If Adams had an ad with Scarlett Johansson titty fukking a hybrid, I'd buy it sight-unseen.  
    It's already bad enough Golf Digest dedicates one page to Ask Stina.  

Just got the new GD and was paging thru and saw Stina's article about dating on the course. I'm a hack but at least I can beat pretty much all the women around this area. The widow woman wants me to take her out and teach her the game. Ain't gonna happen. Same reason I never took the ex out. I'm out here to get away from the constant chatter and pissing and moaning. Plus, if they want to golf they should learn from somebody other than me as I have very little patience.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:32 pm