The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+3
jmtbkr
Mongrel
jetdriver
7 posters

My current top 4

jetdriver
    jetdriver

My current top 4 Empty My current top 4

Post  jetdriver Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:19 pm

1.)Ben Hogan BH Grind- good feel, good shaping shots, good confidence...usually

2.)Ram FX2 forged cavity- solid, great feel...infinite confidence, but can not shape at all, but straight as sheite...this would be my Number One ...but they are Rams!!!...they give me a cheap dirty underwear feeling. They may be better in Commando mode.

3.)Callaway X14 pro- great clubs, great feel, but unusable feedback (all shots feel equally good) long irons give me the typical cast cavity back wild shots...much like the ping I 2s...they swing nice though, I notice I keep the cock in the wrist longer with these (settle down perverts)...Must be a light shaft involved here.

4.)Classic pat. pending Tommy Armour 845s...one of my most accurate, but too hard feeling and clicky...but even on a bad shot they go where you want them...the long irons have way too much offset though.

Oh, and one more FG17s... probably way up there on accuracy, but I cant hit them that consistant anymore...especially the long irons.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

My current top 4 Empty Re: My current top 4

Post  Mongrel Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:52 pm

My alltime favorites include these five. I have spent hours with all of them.

1: Boeing 707. Absolutely the best passenger jet that ever flew. Not that big. Not much passenger capacity but that was much of the charm and comfort flying in them. Two big leather chairs per side and adequate leg room. Nice vibrations in flight. Did many cross country jaunts in these beauties sometimes firing up a joint in the lav after reaching cruising altitude.

2. Lockheed C-141 Starlifter. Big old military jet cargo plane usually fitted out to hold beaucoup fighting men and their stuff. One of them conveyed me back to The World at the end of 1971 non-stop from Clark AFB on Luzon, PI, to Travis AFB in Frisco by way of Hanoi (at 55,000 feet to avoid SAMs). Sat on bulkhead-mounted cargo netting the whole way but it was all good. Pilot announced our ground speed at 792 mph halfway across the Ocean of Peace.

3. Piper PA 34-200T Seneca II. Nifty little twin engined low wing civilian cruiser. Turboed engines get you up, up and away like ASAP and the thing makes Ferrari-like vibrations and noises at cruise. One of my former clients had one and I have loads of hours in the right seat.

4. Aerospatiale Dauphin 1. OK, a rotary wing. A former boss had sort of a time-share ownership arrangement with one of these and we went to do some jobs with this chopper picking us up and dropping us off on his front lawn. All leather interior, good sound and vibration damping. His pilot was a young kid who learned to fly in the Alaskan bush and liked to listen to heavy metal at 100db's while following the interstate highways.

5. Douglas DC-3. You'd recognize this dinosaur if you've watched enough black and white 40's and 50's movies. My first flight was in one of these that took off from Berlin's Templehof and landed us in Copenhagen. Non-pressurized cabin. Gorgeous blond stewardesses. Naturally, since it was Lufthansa. Year was 1959.
    jetdriver
    jetdriver

Post  jetdriver Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:26 pm

Mostly German wrote:My alltime favorites include these five. I have spent hours with all of them.

1: Boeing 707. Absolutely the best passenger jet that ever flew. Not that big. Not much passenger capacity but that was much of the charm and comfort flying in them. Two big leather chairs per side and adequate leg room. Nice vibrations in flight. Did many cross country jaunts in these beauties sometimes firing up a joint in the lav after reaching cruising altitude.

2. Lockheed C-141 Starlifter. Big old military jet cargo plane usually fitted out to hold beaucoup fighting men and their stuff. One of them conveyed me back to The World at the end of 1971 non-stop from Clark AFB on Luzon, PI, to Travis AFB in Frisco by way of Hanoi (at 55,000 feet to avoid SAMs). Sat on bulkhead-mounted cargo netting the whole way but it was all good. Pilot announced our ground speed at 792 mph halfway across the Ocean of Peace.

3. Piper PA 34-200T Seneca II. Nifty little twin engined low wing civilian cruiser. Turboed engines get you up, up and away like ASAP and the thing makes Ferrari-like vibrations and noises at cruise. One of my former clients had one and I have loads of hours in the right seat.

4. Aerospatiale Dauphin 1. OK, a rotary wing. A former boss had sort of a time-share ownership arrangement with one of these and we went to do some jobs with this chopper picking us up and dropping us off on his front lawn. All leather interior, good sound and vibration damping. His pilot was a young kid who learned to fly in the Alaskan bush and liked to listen to heavy metal at 100db's while following the interstate highways.

5. Douglas DC-3. You'd recognize this dinosaur if you've watched enough black and white 40's and 50's movies. My first flight was in one of these that took off from Berlin's Templehof and landed us in Copenhagen. Non-pressurized cabin. Gorgeous blond stewardesses. Naturally, since it was Lufthansa. Year was 1959.

You are a pal Mongrel those were great clubs! I swung a Seneca quite a bit while teaching, and was trained in a DC3 but quit the first day...Hydraulic fluid spraying in the cockpit was not my cup of tea..I have stuck to jet shafted clubs since, although I am known to swing a rotory blade at the bad guys every now and then.
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:18 pm

My all time favorites:

1. The Grateful Dead
    2. The Rolling Stones
    3. Pink Floyd
    4. The Beatles

cat cat cat
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:50 pm

1. Doggy

2. Happy Scissors

3. Butterfly

4. Counter Top or Pool Table
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:57 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:1. Doggy

2. Happy Scissors

3. Butterfly

5. Riding St. George
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:22 pm

1. White Widow

2. Skunk

3. Blueberry

4. Orange Crush
    FreakOfNature
    FreakOfNature

Post  FreakOfNature Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:49 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:1. Doggy

2. Happy Scissors

3. Butterfly

1. Shower Steam-Angel

2. Backseat Pretzel

3. Dead Doggy

4. Jolly Old St Dickolas
    FreakOfNature
    FreakOfNature

Post  FreakOfNature Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:53 pm

jt1135 wrote:1. White Widow

2. Skunk

3. Blueberry

4. Orange Crush

This - but swap Skunk for Purple Haze. Cool

My current top 4 Cheechec8

I'm inclined to steer clear of Labrador. Laughing
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:52 am

FreakOfNature wrote:
    jt1135 wrote:1. White Widow

2. Skunk

3. Blueberry

4. Orange Crush

This - but swap Skunk for Purple Haze. Cool

My current top 4 Cheechec8

I'm inclined to steer clear of Labrador. Laughing

1. Platinum Blueberry Haze

2. Tahoe OG

3. Blue Elephant

3. Purple Train Wreck

4. Cat Piss

3. Atomic Northern Lights

4. Cantaloupe Haze
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:31 am

1. Blue Splash

2. Orange Sunshine

3. Sandoz-The Real Deal
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:44 pm

Mostly German wrote:1. Blue Splash

2. Orange Sunshine

3. Sandoz-The Real Deal

Maybe a little 4way window pane?

Blotter

And of course shrooms.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:49 pm

jt1135 wrote:

2. Orange Sunshine

3. Sandoz-The Real Deal

Blotter

And of course shrooms.

Silly Putty

Thai Sticks

Black Paki

Red Afghani
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:52 pm

Mostly German wrote:
    jt1135 wrote:

2. Orange Sunshine

3. Sandoz-The Real Deal

Blotter

And of course shrooms.

Silly Putty

Thai Sticks

Black Paki

Red Afghani

In 82 I was in S3 in korea up by the dmz. They asked if anybody could type so I raised my hand, wtf. Got a christmas card from some sgt in germany who's name I didn't know, but lo and behold, my brother who was stationed in europe sent me a couple of grams of blond lebanese. Was a good holiday season. Very Happy
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:08 am

jt1135 wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:
    jt1135 wrote:

2. Orange Sunshine

3. Sandoz-The Real Deal

Blotter

And of course shrooms.

Silly Putty

Thai Sticks

Black Paki

Red Afghani

In 82 I was in S3 in korea up by the dmz. They asked if anybody could type so I raised my hand, wtf. Got a christmas card from some sgt in germany who's name I didn't know, but lo and behold, my brother who was stationed in europe sent me a couple of grams of blond lebanese. Was a good holiday season. Very Happy

Thanks for the memory jogger. It was Red Leb in the winter of '73 back stateside. From the same dude who supplied it to Hall & Oates near my old home village.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content