The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+2
Horseballs
FamousDavis
6 posters

Wegman's LPGA Classic

FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Wegman's LPGA Classic Empty Wegman's LPGA Classic

Post  FamousDavis Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:45 pm

The second major of the 2013 season kicks off this week at Locust Hill Country Club in Pittsford, New York, where the LPGA Tour pros will be playing for a $2.25 million purse and a $337,500 first-place prize. The Wegmans LPGA Championship will feature one of the finest fields comprised of the top 50 players on the 2013 LPGA Official Money List.

Rolex Rankings No. 7 Shanshan Feng made history last year when she stood on the 18th green hoisting the Wegmans LPGA Championship title as the first player from China to win on the LPGA Tour. Feng overcame a three-stroke deficit on Sunday by firing a final-round, 5-under 67, the lowest round of the week, to claim a two-shot victory over Japan’s Mika Miyazato. She recorded seven additional top-10 finishes during the 2012 season and has since tallied three top-10s in her first six appearances this year.

South Korea’s Inbee Park enters the week having claimed the first major of the season at the Kraft Nabisco Championship, which boosted her campaign to taking over the No. 1 spot in the Rolex Rankings the following week. Park’s impressive 31-event cut streak ended at the Pure Silk-Bahamas LPGA Classic, but don’t count out this silent assassin to come out firing on all cylinders this week.

Two past champions of the LPGA Championship who have already sealed a victory this season are also in the field this week, 16-time LPGA Tour winner Cristie Kerr and Norway’s Suzann Pettersen. Kerr enters the week with two top-10 finishes this season while Pettersen is seeking her fifth top-10.

The Wegmans LPGA Championship is the second-longest running tournament is LPGA history, surpassed only by the U.S. Women’s Open. The winner of the 2013 Wegmans LPGA Championship will etch their name next to many LPGA greats including Mickey Wright (1963), Kathy Whitworth (1967, 1971, 1975), Nancy Lopez (1978, 1985, 1989), Patty Sheehan (1983, 1984, 1993) and Annika Sorenstam (2003-2005).

The Wegmans LPGA Championship will be played June 6 – 9 and will be featured on Golf Channel all four days. The first and second rounds will feature live coverage from 12:30 – 3:00 p.m. EST and from 3-7 p.m. EST on Saturday and Sunday.

Ha Ha on Tony. I posted first.
    [img]Wegman's LPGA Classic Z_lpga11[/img]
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Wegman's LPGA Classic Empty Re: Wegman's LPGA Classic

Post  Horseballs Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:50 pm

From the look of that picture, it appears that McDonald's still has some sort of sponsorship in this tourney.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:05 pm

Horseballs wrote:From the look of that picture, it appears that McDonald's still has some sort of sponsorship in this tourney.

I seriously doubt that ELORD would sponsor her if they had any qualms about her looks.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:51 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:From the look of that picture, it appears that McDonald's still has some sort of sponsorship in this tourney.

I seriously doubt that ELORD would sponsor her if they had any qualms about her looks.

She just signed with Norm's Tack & Feed and they didn't have a problem with her either.

In women's golf "stable of players" is meant literally.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

She just signed with Norm's Tack & Feed and they didn't have a problem with her either.

In women's golf "stable of players" is meant literally.

Clearly, Norm is an astute businessman. Lots of corn, grains and other high carb in that diet. Should be appealing to the heffer crowd. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:31 pm

This is a rare instance where you dudes out west lack a category-killer retailer. Wegman's is a monster hit wherever they locate here in the east and northeast.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:29 pm

[img]Wegman's LPGA Classic Z_lpga12[/img]

[img]Wegman's LPGA Classic Z_lpga13[/img]
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:14 pm

Well now it's just getting ridiculous. We've got two threads dedicated to a single LPGA event.
    As a total aside, FD, can you tell us about your thoughts and predictions so far for the LPGA tour?
    My thoughts so far are this... Shanshan Feng sounds like the name of panda bear at a zoo. That's all for now.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:43 pm

Horseballs wrote:Well now it's just getting ridiculous. We've got two threads dedicated to a single LPGA event.
    As a total aside, FD, can you tell us about your thoughts and predictions so far for the LPGA tour?
    My thoughts so far are this... Shanshan Feng sounds like the name of panda bear at a zoo. That's all for now.

All I know is that my Wegman's LPGA thread seems to have more character and intrigue than Tony's. I provide photos, editorial commentary, humor, etc. All Tony does is post the facts and a link to his website. All in all I'd say my thread is superior.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:03 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    All I know is that my Wegman's LPGA thread seems to have more character and intrigue than Tony's. I provide photos, editorial commentary, humor, etc. All Tony does is post the facts and a link to his website. All in all I'd say my thread is superior.

Yeah, it's not even close. Your thread is like Wegman's and Tony's is like a shitty Albertson's.

I used to drive right past Locust Hill CC when I would visit relatives in Rochester. I wonder if members at Oak Hill (also in Rochester) bust Locust Hill members' balls about hosting a women's tourney.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:38 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

Yeah, it's not even close. Your thread is like Wegman's and Tony's is like a shitty Albertson's.

I used to drive right past Locust Hill CC when I would visit relatives in Rochester. I wonder if members at Oak Hill (also in Rochester) bust Locust Hill members' balls about hosting a women's tourney.

I doubt it. Any course that hosts a tourney must be pretty decent track. Plus, you can brag about which LPGA members you out drove.

Member 1, "I just drove my ball past where Mi Yung Kim hit her drive!"

Member 2, "Dude, she's 5-2 and weighs 120"

Member 1, "Hey, I'm just sayin'"
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:17 am

FamousDavis wrote:
    I doubt it. Any course that hosts a tourney must be pretty decent track. Plus, you can brag about which LPGA members you out drove.

Member 1, "I just drove my ball past where Mi Yung Kim hit her drive!"

Member 2, "Dude, she's 5-2 and weighs 120"

Member 1, "Hey, I'm just sayin'"
    I know the Futures Tour event in Cincinnati is definitely not a source of pride for the course. It used to be at a fairly decent private course, then got moved to a pretty good public track, then got relegated to a dog track. I don't know if it's still in existence at this point.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:57 pm

I agree this is a great thread and better than Tony's but you are setting a dangerous precedent FD. What if Tony gets the hump and leaves due to this thread? Are you willing to pick up the gauntlet and post threads on all LPGA Events?
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:I agree this is a great thread and better than Tony's but you are setting a dangerous precedent FD. What if Tony gets the hump and leaves due to this thread? Are you willing to pick up the gauntlet and post threads on all LPGA Events?

Tony won't leave because my LPGA thread doesn't provide a link to his boring LPGA website like his does. We're a motley crew here at Caddy Shack and we welcome everyone but spammers. Tony isn't spamming because he actually creates a readable post. It has a link to his own website but I don't consider that spam. He's just a strange dude who seems to like following the LPGA. Personally, I'd rather discuss the various methods of solving the Rubiks Cube over an LPGA discussion but, hey, who am I to judge?
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:34 pm

Not only does Tony blog about the LPGA Tour but he evidently travels to the tournament venues. I have to wonder if Tony even plays golf. It seems likely that he does but he never mentions it. For all the good publicity he earnestly spreads about these players, you'd think that the LPGA would give him some good Pro-Am freebie rounds. If not, perhaps there should be a formal letter written by The Caddy Shack to the commissar of the LPGA recommending this for his good works. All in favor, say "Aye". All opposed, go back over to the old place and wait two weeks for a response to a post or a new thread.

Or maybe Tony is one of those who has sponsored a player as she develops through the ranks. My father and some of his fellow country club members sponsored a young woman back in the late '60's and she made it into the big tour. Since his buddies were all Italian, they naturally sponsored an Italian girl. Donna something. I think she is an on-course commentator sometimes today.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:05 pm

Aye.
    12pierogi
    12pierogi

Post  12pierogi Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:17 pm

I miss Lorena Ochoa. To me there was something about her, she was dripping hot in a understated way. I totally enjoyed watching her play her heart out.

Wegman's LPGA Classic LorenaOchoa
    Wegman's LPGA Classic McDonaldLPGAChampionshipPresente-8
    Wegman's LPGA Classic McDonaldLPGAChampionshipPresente-3
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:22 am

Lorena had that patented neck hitch that seemed to give her more clubhead speed and a much more solid hit than almost all the rest of the girls. I assume that she had to retire from tour golf to prevent walking around like a speed freak with Saint Vitus's Dance syndrome.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:31 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

I probably would have driven past the relatives and visited Locust Hill but that's me.

FD, your thread beats the living s.hit out of tonyj5's, but you don't have multiple law enforcement agencies searching for you so you're not on the lam, giving you more time for graphics, commentary, etc.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:31 am

12pierogi wrote:I miss Lorena Ochoa. To me there was something about her, she was dripping hot in a understated way. I totally enjoyed watching her play her heart out.

Wegman's LPGA Classic LorenaOchoa
    Wegman's LPGA Classic McDonaldLPGAChampionshipPresente-8
    Wegman's LPGA Classic McDonaldLPGAChampionshipPresente-3

Wow, I thought I was the only one who had a thing for Lorena Ochoa. I thought she looked better in golf attire than any of the other women out there. Slim, nice curves and very clean looking.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:49 pm