The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+8
jmtbkr
Mongrel
FamousDavis
SoonerBS
Big Dave
Poe4soul
Kiwigolfer
trombettista_vecchio
12 posters

Checking in.

trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Checking in. Empty Checking in.

Post  trombettista_vecchio Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:07 pm

Are all of our CS linksters doing OK?
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Checking in. Empty Re: Checking in.

Post  Kiwigolfer Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:29 pm

All good thanks. Your old sparring partner Lorenzo even clocked in this week and another former GR stalwart SoonerBS has shown up out of the blue.

In tribute to those two GR Legends I have put the MP32's back in the bag and was flushing them at the weekend. How's your game? How's the new club?
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:All good thanks. Your old sparring partner Lorenzo even clocked in this week and another former GR stalwart SoonerBS has shown up out of the blue.

In tribute to those two GR Legends I have put the MP32's back in the bag and was flushing them at the weekend. How's your game? How's the new club?

Coincidence?
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:53 pm

Poe4soul wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:All good thanks. Your old sparring partner Lorenzo even clocked in this week and another former GR stalwart SoonerBS has shown up out of the blue.

Coincidence?

Sooner is back? Now I gotta trawl around and find what he wrote.
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:50 am

I've met some nice people at the new club, and I show up with reasonable frequency for breakfast or lunch. Haven't played at all, though. I just can't summon the desire to play this year. I must have gotten very old all at once during the winter because I see the guys out there and I'm not even tempted. For the most part, I feel well, physically, but very unflexible, now. Very stiff.

You keep swinging, though. It's still the best game ever.
    SoonerBS
    SoonerBS

Post  SoonerBS Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:36 pm

Big Dave wrote:
    Poe4soul wrote:

Coincidence?

Sooner is back? Now I gotta trawl around and find what he wrote.

Big Dave, being that you are stuck down in the humid hell and traffic nightmare called Houston, I don't figure you get up to play golf with your dad at Winstar anymore. Let me know whenever he is going to be there, and I'll drive down and he and I will play, drink beer and spend your inheritance money.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:48 pm

Only on this forum would you find someone posting about how they have no will to play golf anymore.

"I went out to the club today. I read the paper and had bacon and eggs. I looked out on the course and saw people enjoying themselves and having a good time but I felt no desire to join them. I don't know why but I have no desire to play. Life is meaningless. We're all doomed anyway. There is nothing to look forward to and life is bleak. I'll just stay home and sit in the corner and ponder my miserable life".
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:05 pm

Give him a break. The weather's been so shitty here on the east coast that no wonder he doesn't feel like picking up a club. last year at this time we'd already had three or four weekend days in the high '80's and the grass was grown in pretty good and the greens had been aerated and were rolling real well. Right now, lots of the fairways are still browned out with bare patches and even when you get a lie on lots of turf grass, its still dormant enough that the ball doesn't sit up on it but drops right down onto the ground. Like hitting off hardpan every time but with enough green to fool you.
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Sat May 04, 2013 1:11 am

FamousDavis wrote:Only on this forum would you find someone posting about how they have no will to play golf anymore.

"I went out to the club today. I read the paper and had bacon and eggs. I looked out on the course and saw people enjoying themselves and having a good time but I felt no desire to join them. I don't know why but I have no desire to play. Life is meaningless. We're all doomed anyway. There is nothing to look forward to and life is bleak. I'll just stay home and sit in the corner and ponder my miserable life".

It's not like that, FD. It's physical. Too stiff and inflexible to play anymore, but happy to sip tequila sunrises on the clubhouse deck when the weather gets a little warmer.
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Sat May 04, 2013 8:17 am

FamousDavis wrote:Only on this forum would you find someone posting about how they have no will to play golf anymore.

Checking in. Zapp2
    Player
    Player

Post  Player Sat May 04, 2013 8:27 am

I know the day will come when my body wont let golf be fun anymore, but hopefully that day is a way off yet. Im mid 40s and havent lost any distance yet, though I have trouble backing up 2 days in a row these days. I do feel soreness after a game that wasnt there 10 years ago. I can see why early 40s seems to be the use by date for tour players.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Mon May 06, 2013 8:11 am

I played 36 holes yesterday for the first time in probably a year....2nd time since starting again 18 months ago.

My feet hate me....Dragging 125kg around on a golfcourse twice with a push cart is punishment,but fun.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon May 06, 2013 9:49 am

Interesting, Kiwi, but I hit my MP32's at the range yesterday and was loving them. My current MP59's live in the bag room of the SPCC and I had a random hour to kill so I went to a range near my house.
    I only got a small bucket (about 40 balls), and I was more interested in hitting some wedges, which weren't up to snuff in my last round, but I hit the last 15 or so with the MP32's. The 8 iron just felt outstanding and was so simple to hit. The 5 iron was also a real pleasure to hit long and dead straight.
    I have been happy with the new clubs, but I don't get a feeling of puring too many irons when playing with them. I may have to put them back in play to test them out. The grips are in pretty bad shape though.
    I do know that I will never sell the MP32's.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Mon May 06, 2013 3:01 pm

Horseballs wrote:Interesting, Kiwi, but I hit my MP32's at the range yesterday and was loving them. My current MP59's live in the bag room of the SPCC and I had a random hour to kill so I went to a range near my house.
    I only got a small bucket (about 40 balls), and I was more interested in hitting some wedges, which weren't up to snuff in my last round, but I hit the last 15 or so with the MP32's. The 8 iron just felt outstanding and was so simple to hit. The 5 iron was also a real pleasure to hit long and dead straight.
    I have been happy with the new clubs, but I don't get a feeling of puring too many irons when playing with them. I may have to put them back in play to test them out. The grips are in pretty bad shape though.

Yeah I've been loving them too and flushing them. Mine are pretty worn in the face but have Lamkin grips that are in great condition. All this talk about blades and long irons being hard to hit is such bollocks. I have been loving hitting the 4 & 5 iron. Twice on Saturday it cost me actually. On a couple of holes I played an extra club due to the wind. Once I played a 6 iron where I would normally hit 7 or 8 and on another hole I hit the 4 iron where I normally hit 5 or 6. Both times I flushed it and it flew long and straight totally unaffected by the wind, took a couple of hops and skipped through the back of the green. Both were purely flushed shots which felt perfect.

I played a match on Sunday and the GFF were on fire. 7 iron on the 1st gave me my first birdie opportunity of the day (which I missed) and continued on from there. After 9 I was 7 up, on 10 I was 8 up with 8 to play. On 11 we shook hands, 9 & 7. I consoled the guy who was playing Callaway X-22's. I told him that there was just one change he needed to make to be more competitive next time. I told him to get some GFF irons, forged in the fires of Mt Fuji by master craftsman Hatori Hanzo with the forging techniques handed down from centuries of samurai sword making. His mass produced cast Callaway junk made in a Chinese sweat shop just didn't measure up. He looked sceptical. Wink

The MP32's are staying in the bag for the time being. When they stop performing maybe I''ll put the old MP30/33 combo back in the bag? A change up is often good when you're in a funk. Just like you going back to the Bat signal putter I guess?
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Mon May 06, 2013 3:39 pm

[quote="Kiwigolfer"] forged in the fires of Mt Fuji by master craftsman Hatori Hanzo with the forging techniques handed down from centuries of samurai sword making. /quote]

forged in the fires of Mt. Doom... wielded by Orcs in battle against the men of Middle Earth.... one clubhead to rule them all.... and in the darkness, BIND THEM....
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Mon May 06, 2013 4:00 pm

[quote="Big Dave"]
    Kiwigolfer wrote: forged in the fires of Mt Fuji by master craftsman Hatori Hanzo with the forging techniques handed down from centuries of samurai sword making. /quote]

forged in the fires of Mt. Doom... wielded by Orcs in battle against the men of Middle Earth.... one clubhead to rule them all.... and in the darkness, BIND THEM....

I prefer my Kill Bill reference. Not a LOTR fan myself ... disappointed
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Wed May 08, 2013 4:56 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:Interesting, Kiwi, but I hit my MP32's at the range yesterday and was loving them. My current MP59's live in the bag room of the SPCC and I had a random hour to kill so I went to a range near my house.

Yeah I've been loving them too and flushing them. Mine are pretty worn in the face but have Lamkin grips that are in great condition. All this talk about blades and long irons being hard to hit is such bollocks. I have been loving hitting the 4 & 5 iron. Twice on Saturday it cost me actually. On a couple of holes I played an extra club due to the wind. Once I played a 6 iron where I would normally hit 7 or 8 and on another hole I hit the 4 iron where I normally hit 5 or 6. Both times I flushed it and it flew long and straight totally unaffected by the wind, took a couple of hops and skipped through the back of the green. Both were purely flushed shots which felt perfect.

I played a match on Sunday and the GFF were on fire. 7 iron on the 1st gave me my first birdie opportunity of the day (which I missed) and continued on from there. After 9 I was 7 up, on 10 I was 8 up with 8 to play. On 11 we shook hands, 9 & 7. I consoled the guy who was playing Callaway X-22's. I told him that there was just one change he needed to make to be more competitive next time. I told him to get some GFF irons, forged in the fires of Mt Fuji by master craftsman Hatori Hanzo with the forging techniques handed down from centuries of samurai sword making. His mass produced cast Callaway junk made in a Chinese sweat shop just didn't measure up. He looked sceptical. Wink

The MP32's are staying in the bag for the time being. When they stop performing maybe I''ll put the old MP30/33 combo back in the bag? A change up is often good when you're in a funk. Just like you going back to the Bat signal putter I guess?

The only thing I ever found that could sniff the buttholes of the MP-32-s were the KZG ZO-s. Seems as though the club mfrs. just keep painting themselves further into a corner. Now that the yen is devaluing faster than Paris Hilton spreads her legs in the men's room, the new stuff is sure to be prohibitively expensive. Soon poor old Hatori will have no choice but to abandon clubmaking and gather nuclear waste to make a living. Now is the time to buy lightly used Jap clubs.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 4:58 pm