The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

3 posters

Your Grips

Pky6471
    Pky6471

Your Grips Empty Your Grips

Post  Pky6471 Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:10 pm

I spend a lot of time at the local range this year and learn a lot about my grips. It took me a while to confirm and reconfirm what's best for my swing. Now my grips are fixed and I believe I have a much more reliable ball striking swing. My left grip is quite strong, I could see all 4 knuckles , and my right grip is quite weak as I could see 3 knuckles. This is quite interesting since I've read that weak right grip would promote slice, that is not so in my case. If I played stronger right grip (2 knuckles instead of 3) I would slice a ball more. I discuss this with the "teaching pro" at the range (no, I do not take lessons because I want to determine cause and effect by myself) and he told me that for some reasons weak right grip allows me to turn over my right hand better and square the club face at the impact... Are your grips and golf swings not 'by the book' but you have good results?

Thanks guys/ girls/ AC-DC
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Your Grips Empty Re: Your Grips

Post  Mongrel Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:14 pm

I use a pretty weak grip with about two to two and one half left knuckles showing and that crease formed by the right thumb and forefinger pointed a little left of my right shoulder. So I hit my irons and driver mostly straight. If anything, a less than good strike at the ball with driver will end up in a fade that still carries OK and runs out to the right. This is fine with me because it effectively takes the left side out of play. Like most things in my golf game, that is subject, of course, to change.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:40 am

Since my swing mechanics dictate a different swing on each hit I rely on my first shot with a strong grip for working a draw. As the shots pass I move over to a weaker grip straightening out my shot throughout the first 3-5 holes. I hardly fade a club anymore.

think my dominant left eye with me being right handed makes the club look square at impact while its not...Not sure to put it but I rely alot more on the "feel-the-shot-for-the-day".

Just putting it out there that my iron shafts are 10+ years old and not stiff enough anymore to give me a fade baised shot.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:32 pm