The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

5 posters

Hail to the king baby.

Player
    Player

Hail to the king baby. Empty Hail to the king baby.

Post  Player Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:36 pm

No Im not talking about that washed up never was who hosted the event, Im talking abouy the real king of golf regaining his world number one title from that piss ant pretender Irish runt of the litter. Tiger will never be fully back to his 2000/01 self, but even at 80% he is still the best in history. The intimidation is back, the putting is back, he hss got his mojo back. He will dominate the majors this year, he just wont street fields by quite as big a margin as before.

Laughing at all the haters who tried to put rory in the same ball park. He isnt on the same planet.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Hail to the king baby. Empty Re: Hail to the king baby.

Post  Mongrel Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:15 pm

Except that he is still a bit wayward with his driver. Should be good enough to give it the go at Augusta National, though.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:49 pm

Player
    Player

Post  Player Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:56 pm

Mostly German wrote:Except that he is still a bit wayward with his driver. Should be good enough to give it the go at Augusta National, though.
    I actually think it will be his toughest major. Augusta puts a premium on right to left tee shots. Tigers current swing is a reliable cut with his drives, I think he will have to consider leaving driver in the bag for most of his tee shots, he seems more comfortable shaping his 3 wood right to left, his driver will find too much trouble around there. I like Phil going in if he hits it like he did at Doral (but putts better).
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:11 pm

The author of this thread clearly knows what he's talking about. It's laughable to think back to 2010 and recall all the haters who posted about how Tiger was "done" or "will never be the same" or "might as well hang it up". What a bunch of fools. Talk about short term thinking. Tiger is the greatest player to ever play the game of golf. He's already surpassed Nicklaus in total wins and soon will eclipse Sam Snead. The curmudgeon Snead didn't win his 82nd until he was 46 years old. Tiger's got 9 years until he's 46.

Who can blame Tiger for having a few "off" years after becoming the victim of so many bad people. Crazy wife chasing after him with a golf club, spiteful women breaking their vows of secrecty and then his golf coach and caddy conspiring against him. You'd think his golf coach would show a little class and keep everything on the QT. Not Haney. He went out and wrote a book. In one chapter, Haney complained about the fact that whenever he went over to Tiger's house to watch sports, Tiger would get up to get a popsicle but wouldn't offer one to Haney. Tiger just assumed Haney would help himself if he wanted a popsicle. So, Haney writes it up like "I just couldn't understand why he wouldn't ask me if I wanted a popsicle". Damn Haney, this is the man we are talking about. He ain't gotta' ask you if you want no popsicle. If you got cravings for a popsicle then get off the couch, walk over to the fridge and grab you one.

What's Haney thinking anyway. Something like "you know, I'm the coach to the greatest golfer of all time. I'm making tons of money and getting all kinds of publicity. Golf Channel is offering me my own show. I'm making more money than I ever dreamed of. Still, though, this popsicle thing has got to change!"
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:37 pm

The worst thing a player and coach can do is get too personal. Haney should have known better than to hang out at Tiger's house. If he was more cool, he could still be on the payroll instead of making a fool of himself trying to teach arrogant oxygen-wasting mouth-breathers like Michael Phelps.
    Player
    Player

Post  Player Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:21 am

Mostly German wrote:The worst thing a player and coach can do is get too personal. Haney should have known better than to hang out at Tiger's house. If he was more cool, he could still be on the payroll instead of making a fool of himself trying to teach arrogant oxygen-wasting mouth-breathers like Michael Phelps.
    Haney is finding out the hard way that teaching tiger is the easiest gig going in the golf world. Tiger has had 4 different swings and managed to be the world number one with each of them. Charles Barkley could teach tiger his swing and tiger could still be number one with it. Tiger is so talented he could find a way to be the best with any swing. If anything, Tiger underachieved when Haney was his coach. Tiger dominated despite Haney being his coach, not because of it.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:50 am

Player wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:The worst thing a player and coach can do is get too personal. Haney should have known better than to hang out at Tiger's house. If he was more cool, he could still be on the payroll instead of making a fool of himself trying to teach arrogant oxygen-wasting mouth-breathers like Michael Phelps.
    Haney is finding out the hard way that teaching tiger is the easiest gig going in the golf world. Tiger has had 4 different swings and managed to be the world number one with each of them. Charles Barkley could teach tiger his swing and tiger could still be number one with it. Tiger is so talented he could find a way to be the best with any swing. If anything, Tiger underachieved when Haney was his coach. Tiger dominated despite Haney being his coach, not because of it.

No doubt. Haney came into the picture when Tiger was in top form. The only reason he gave Butch the boot was because Harmon kept schmoozing the other guy with the big cheesy smile who complains about taxes. Everyone could see his swing was too flat and laid off at the top. I still fail to see how that type of swing could be less stressful on the body.

Now he's got Foley who's sole purpose, it seems, is to get Tiger more upright and back to old form. Foley knows how to blend in and help the Tiger machine. Tiger's the race car driver and the rest of the gang is the pit crew. Each serves a purpose-to help Tiger win. There are no intangibles, like getting popsicles from the fridge or some other sign of appreciation. You do your job, shut your mouth and give one for the team. All the rest is gravy and your name on the roster.

Player
    Player

Post  Player Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:46 am

FamousDavis wrote:
    Player wrote:

No doubt. Haney came into the picture when Tiger was in top form. The only reason he gave Butch the boot was because Harmon kept schmoozing the other guy with the big cheesy smile who complains about taxes. Everyone could see his swing was too flat and laid off at the top. I still fail to see how that type of swing could be less stressful on the body.

Now he's got Foley who's sole purpose, it seems, is to get Tiger more upright and back to old form. Foley knows how to blend in and help the Tiger machine. Tiger's the race car driver and the rest of the gang is the pit crew. Each serves a purpose-to help Tiger win. There are no intangibles, like getting popsicles from the fridge or some other sign of appreciation. You do your job, shut your mouth and give one for the team. All the rest is gravy and your name on the roster.

Old Hank obviously can't take a hint. When tiger didnt offer him a popsicle what he wasreally saying was "You still here old man? Get the fuk outta my face already or Im gonna have to get jail house on your hillbilly ass.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:32 pm

Player wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    Player wrote:

Old Hank obviously can't take a hint. When tiger didnt offer him a popsicle what he wasreally saying was "You still here old man? Get the fuk outta my face already or Im gonna have to get jail house on your hillbilly ass.

I guess Tiger should have explained to Haney up front that a coaching relationship does not translate to warm and fuzzies off the golf course. It's like "dude, I'm paying you to help me win tournaments. I don't need more friends. You and I would not be friends under normal circumstances so don't expect me to be all chummy with you when we watch ESPN. We're just killing time here between practice. Oh, and by the way, if you are in my home feel free to go to the fridge and grab whatever you want. If you don't know it already, I'm close to being a billionaire so I won't be offended if you help yourself to a 25 cent popsicle. I'm self absorbed and most of the time don't know you're even in the same room. That's part of my greatness".
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:49 pm

Gotta agree with the general gist of this thread with one major exception. Tiger made a big mistake sacking Stevie and I think he knows it. He would have regained World No.1 status much sooner and have won another major or two by now. FD compared Tiger to a race car but I compare him to a master helmsman in yachting and Stevie was the worlds greatest navigator. Tiger is still the master helmsman but without the masterful navigation of Stevie, the worlds best, he has lost the extra edge. With Stevie on the bag he could get back to his 2000-01 dominance levels. Without him he'll only lead the field by a nose.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:13 pm

Stevie's head grew too big and he had to go. My favorite major winners' caddies were Fanny on Faldo's bag and Trevino's Herman. Herman was so big and broad that Trevino could use him as a wind break.
    Player
    Player

Post  Player Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:34 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:Gotta agree with the general gist of this thread with one major exception. Tiger made a big mistake sacking Stevie and I think he knows it. He would have regained World No.1 status much sooner and have won another major or two by now. FD compared Tiger to a race car but I compare him to a master helmsman in yachting and Stevie was the worlds greatest navigator. Tiger is still the master helmsman but without the masterful navigation of Stevie, the worlds best, he has lost the extra edge. With Stevie on the bag he could get back to his 2000-01 dominance levels. Without him he'll only lead the field by a nose.
    Agreed. What was tiger thimking sacking a guy who has won 13 majors and dozens of wgc events?
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:47 am

Well, I guess it's two weeks without watching any golf on TV. I might catch a little of the Shell Houston to see if Rory can make the cut. A few other big shots are playing like Dustin Johnson. Without Tiger playing, it's kind of like watching a Buy.com event. The winner will be someone like Zach Johnson or Luke List. I call him LL.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:14 pm

I'll be watching some of it. Seems like they were in Florida for a year or more. Florida's nice but with the lack of topography, it can get pretty boring watching the same golf at different courses that look pretty much the same. I might also watch some of the European Tour event in North Africa since it is on the Golf Channel very early. It is the King Hassan II Open. The King is or was probably a pretty moderate guy. Not some fundamentalist who would make all the attractive women wear sheets over their heads and faces and dresses down to the soles of their shoes. I bet he might take a dram of firewater from time to time, too.

As for the Shell Houstin Open, I'm glad Shell is still onboard as the primary sponsor. I just hate it when some new dot-cum company jumps into the void and spends some bucks to put its horrid name on a golf tournament that had a traditional corporation's trademark for many years. Same with the mini Tour now called Webb Dot Com instead of Nationwide. I forget what it was before Nationwide but do remember that it used to be the Hogan Tour. Now having your last name as the name of a tour is pretty flocking special. I doubt if there will ever be a Phil Tour or a Tiger Tour or a Ricki Tour or a Keegan Tour ad nauseam.

My favorite young guy besides Russell Henley is Jonas Blixt who I think hails from Sweden even though the last name doesn't sound very Scandanavian to me but hey what do I know about them? I will defy anyone to come up with another PGA player alive or deceased with an "x" in his last name. Go Jonas!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:05 pm