The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+4
Olderplayer
Mongrel
jt1135
FamousDavis
8 posters

Anyone ever roll Snake Eyes?

FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Anyone ever roll Snake Eyes? Empty Anyone ever roll Snake Eyes?

Post  FamousDavis Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:51 pm

I've got my eyes on a set of Snake Eyes TC-01 irons Shocked , 3-PW, Rifle 5.5 shafts and Lamkin grips in new condition for $49. Has anyone ever played Snake Eyes irons or this set in particular. Question They look great at address with minimum offset, nice topline and smallish head. cyclops They felt great in the simulator. Distance was on par with other sets from the early 2000's. You know, before the machines took over and herded us into different precincts, where we were trained with 7 irons that fly 180 yards and 5 sets of gap wedges. Anyone ever roll Snake Eyes? Laie_14

Let me digress, has anyone played these? Anyone ever roll Snake Eyes? 23emu

Thanks.

Anyone ever roll Snake Eyes? 4869
    jt1135
    jt1135

Anyone ever roll Snake Eyes? Empty Re: Anyone ever roll Snake Eyes?

Post  jt1135 Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:58 pm

Not I said the blind carpenter as he picked up his hammer and saw.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:06 pm

No. If I were going to do half a C note on some serpents, it would go to the Kings. Cobras.
    Olderplayer
    Olderplayer

Post  Olderplayer Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:06 pm

I have not played that model but I have been tempted to pick up a set. I am a huge snake eyes fan. Quality soft forgings in simple, beautiful designs. I do have 3 sets. MC-01 which I presume stands for muscle cavity. Probably more blade like but similar to the tc-01. These feel exceptional to hit and the playability is very good for the type of iron it is. I rate them highly. I have also some 600b's which are a truly classic muscleback design and just as beautiful as a club gets. Also highly playable for a blade. The third set is some ev ultimate irons. These are a bronze colored midsize cavity back designed to offer a high degree of forgiveness. These are interesting because they were an Ernie Vaderson design produced before the brand was sold to golfsmith. This particular model along with others was being shipped by road after the sell off was completed and was highjacked/disappeared. The semitrailer load was never recovered. This has made the set I have very rare and an intriguing story as to how these made their way to retail.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:51 am

Olderplayer wrote:I have not played that model but I have been tempted to pick up a set. I am a huge snake eyes fan. Quality soft forgings in simple, beautiful designs. I do have 3 sets. MC-01 which I presume stands for muscle cavity. Probably more blade like but similar to the tc-01. These feel exceptional to hit and the playability is very good for the type of iron it is. I rate them highly. I have also some 600b's which are a truly classic muscleback design and just as beautiful as a club gets. Also highly playable for a blade. The third set is some ev ultimate irons. These are a bronze colored midsize cavity back designed to offer a high degree of forgiveness. These are interesting because they were an Ernie Vaderson design produced before the brand was sold to golfsmith. This particular model along with others was being shipped by road after the sell off was completed and was highjacked/disappeared. The semitrailer load was never recovered. This has made the set I have very rare and an intriguing story as to how these made their way to retail.

Got my curiousity up about forged Snake Eyes and lo and behold I found out that Smith & Wesson did some forged heads for Snake Eyes. Do you know which models were forged by S&W?
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:41 am

Mostly German wrote:
    Olderplayer wrote:I have not played that model but I have been tempted to pick up a set. I am a huge snake eyes fan. Quality soft forgings in simple, beautiful designs. I do have 3 sets. MC-01 which I presume stands for muscle cavity. Probably more blade like but similar to the tc-01. These feel exceptional to hit and the playability is very good for the type of iron it is. I rate them highly. I have also some 600b's which are a truly classic muscleback design and just as beautiful as a club gets. Also highly playable for a blade. The third set is some ev ultimate irons. These are a bronze colored midsize cavity back designed to offer a high degree of forgiveness. These are interesting because they were an Ernie Vaderson design produced before the brand was sold to golfsmith. This particular model along with others was being shipped by road after the sell off was completed and was highjacked/disappeared. The semitrailer load was never recovered. This has made the set I have very rare and an intriguing story as to how these made their way to retail.

Got my curiousity up about forged Snake Eyes and lo and behold I found out that Smith & Wesson did some forged heads for Snake Eyes. Do you know which models were forged by S&W?

It's interesting how some companies go from extremely high priced products to the opposite. When the Snake Eyes irons first came out they were indeed forged by Smith & Wesson and I'm pretty sure they retailed for $999 for a set of 3-PW back in, around, 1995? I remember the wedges were popular and they went for something like $150 each. Now they make component clubs and have apparel in Golfsmith stores. I think Tom Wishon made a few Snake Eyes models.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:01 pm

My Viper Tours will be here Tuesday with FedEx. Doing some research supposed to be low trajectory, minimal forgiveness and workable. Be an interesting golf season this year. Too bad today we are in a blizzard right now. Gonna be April before I get to check them out.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:56 pm

jt1135 wrote:My Viper Tours will be here Tuesday with FedEx. Doing some research supposed to be low trajectory, minimal forgiveness and workable. Be an interesting golf season this year. Too bad today we are in a blizzard right now. Gonna be April before I get to check them out.

I'm currently on vacation in the South Island with the golf clubs and playing some beautiful courses. My interest in golf waned a little this summer as I was doing other stuff and playing poorly so I haven't played as much as usual. However I have found my swing and I'm playing quite well right now and have been bitten by the bug again. Great weather right now but I know come April, when you guys are getting into your golf season I am going to look back and regret that I didn't play more this summer.

Have a weekend coming up in Melbourne in March (OP's home ground) and might have to try and sneak in a round with OP if possible. I asked SWMBO about it previously and was told I couldn't fit it in on this trip. But there's no harm in asking again now is there?
    Laughing
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:22 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:
    jt1135 wrote:My Viper Tours will be here Tuesday with FedEx. Doing some research supposed to be low trajectory, minimal forgiveness and workable. Be an interesting golf season this year. Too bad today we are in a blizzard right now. Gonna be April before I get to check them out.

I'm currently on vacation in the South Island with the golf clubs and playing some beautiful courses. My interest in golf waned a little this summer as I was doing other stuff and playing poorly so I haven't played as much as usual. However I have found my swing and I'm playing quite well right now and have been bitten by the bug again. Great weather right now but I know come April, when you guys are getting into your golf season I am going to look back and regret that I didn't play more this summer.

Have a weekend coming up in Melbourne in March (OP's home ground) and might have to try and sneak in a round with OP if possible. I asked SWMBO about it previously and was told I couldn't fit it in on this trip. But there's no harm in asking again now is there?
    Laughing

Oh to have the funds to be able to move to warm weather for the winter. Which is impossible because of the folks anyways.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:38 pm

The Srixon's have dynalite gold in regular and they are high hitters. The snake eyes with the 5.5's should be a lower flight. Get a lot of wind here on the northern plains so these should work well for that.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:18 am

Player
    Player

Post  Player Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:31 pm

I think you need to stop drinking the equipment Kool Aid and try to get a game. You can keep replacing your irons like others change underpants (or silk boxers in my case), but I can guarantee you there is no magical set of clubs that will stop you being a chopper. You need to accept your station in life and try to be happy with your shitty ball striking and mediocre golf scores. If you stick with one set of irons and put some work in on the range you might become a half decent player, but I can assure you if you were gonna be a player you would have been one before now.
    californiataxes

Post  californiataxes Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:41 pm

jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:57 pm

californiataxes

Post  californiataxes Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:19 pm

Prettiest I've ever seen. Wish I had a spare $475 laying around.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:10 pm

californiataxes wrote:

Prettiest I've ever seen. Wish I had a spare $475 laying around.

I believe Mongrel likes those M14... I like to try but I would not pay for those Razz
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:24 pm

They are "brand new". Someone will pay big money for them. I paid about $97 for mine used. The wedge sweetspot was a bit browned out by a little steel wool took care of that. I love those clubs and will probably never sell them. Nor will I likely play them again. However since I pulled the graphite shafts I put into my MX 20's, I am tempted to put them in the MP 14's just as an experiment.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:49 am

I'm now the proud owner of a Snake Eyes cart bag, courtesy of the Golfsmith dumpster. It's a fine bag, with many compartments for gloves, GPS, balls, towels and a six pack, if that's your thing. I still can't believe they just throw this stuff away when it's returned. Maybe they can treat it as a write off if they can't resell it.

I started loading some clubs into it but then stopped as I realized that I'm going to be walking at Torrey Pines this Saturday. I guess I could load it with two packs of balls, tees, towel and some other stuff so that all I need to do is take the clubs in and out when I'm going to a course that requires you to take a cart.

I just love my Snake Eyes bag. It's kind of scary, though, because when I walk in the garage at night I only see those eyes.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:54 am

FamousDavis wrote:I'm now the proud owner of a Snake Eyes cart bag, courtesy of the Golfsmith dumpster. It's a fine bag, with many compartments for gloves, GPS, balls, towels and a six pack, if that's your thing. I still can't believe they just throw this stuff away when it's returned. Maybe they can treat it as a write off if they can't resell it.

I started loading some clubs into it but then stopped as I realized that I'm going to be walking at Torrey Pines this Saturday. I guess I could load it with two packs of balls, tees, towel and some other stuff so that all I need to do is take the clubs in and out when I'm going to a course that requires you to take a cart.

I just love my Snake Eyes bag. It's kind of scary, though, because when I walk in the garage at night I only see those eyes.

Never turn down "Good thing cheap"... including women disappointed

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:02 pm