The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+3
Mongrel
Fluffy
Pky6471
7 posters

Super Bowl 2013

Pky6471
    Pky6471

Super Bowl 2013 Empty Super Bowl 2013

Post  Pky6471 Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:47 am

IMO It was a good one... Sorry FD, SF gave it a run at the end but it was a little bit too late. Mongrel got to be happy. That QB kid went to University of Delaware so my kids were excited to watch him play in the biggest game of the year, now they better give him a lot of money to stay with the team
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Super Bowl 2013 Empty Re: Super Bowl 2013

Post  Fluffy Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:56 am

I wish we had Football in South Africa.... I wouldve loved playing a sport where you can actually hurt someone with intention and not get sent off the field.....
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:24 am

Pky6471 wrote:IMO It was a good one... Sorry FD, SF gave it a run at the end but it was a little bit too late. Mongrel got to be happy. That QB kid went to University of Delaware so my kids were excited to watch him play in the biggest game of the year, now they better give him a lot of money to stay with the team

I had my bet money on Frisco. I always liked Flacco and they should have been in the Superbowl last year except for that slacker who forgot to hold onto the pass he caught that would have won them the game against the Patriots. This year they did the job. Now they have to pay Flacco his money.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:10 am

Mostly German wrote:
    Pky6471 wrote:IMO It was a good one... Sorry FD, SF gave it a run at the end but it was a little bit too late. Mongrel got to be happy. That QB kid went to University of Delaware so my kids were excited to watch him play in the biggest game of the year, now they better give him a lot of money to stay with the team

I had my bet money on Frisco. I always liked Flacco and they should have been in the Superbowl last year except for that slacker who forgot to hold onto the pass he caught that would have won them the game against the Patriots. This year they did the job. Now they have to pay Flacco his money.
    I would imagine you aren't too thrilled about a Ravens victory.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:22 am

I don't really care much. It was either going to be mania or depression around here. I guess the mass mania is a bit easier to take. I lost less than the cost of a dozen new tour balls so its not so bad. What is funny is that the guys in the office are talking about how bad its going to be next season when Ray Lewis is gone and the team will have to let other stars go because of the salary cap situation and the fact that they are going to have to give Flacco his $100 million plus contract. All I say is pay the guy his money and draft some young guns with nothing to lose. Balls to the wall. All in.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:28 am

Mostly German wrote:I don't really care much. It was either going to be mania or depression around here. I guess the mass mania is a bit easier to take. I lost less than the cost of a dozen new tour balls so its not so bad. What is funny is that the guys in the office are talking about how bad its going to be next season when Ray Lewis is gone and the team will have to let other stars go because of the salary cap situation and the fact that they are going to have to give Flacco his $100 million plus contract. All I say is pay the guy his money and draft some young guns with nothing to lose. Balls to the wall. All in.
    Yeah, Flacco was going to get paid regardless of a W or L. I think talent is still #1, but scheme and attitude are very important. The Ravens will be fine on D. I've personally witnessed how to waste defensive talent in my Cincinnati Bengals.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:39 am

I've always liked Marvin Lewis but thought that the team has under-achieved for the last few seasons. I also like the philosophy of taking players with spotty pasts and "off field issues" gambling on them straightening up and playing well. One example is that linebacker Vontaze Burfict who is just a beast of a player. As soon as I started seeing him on tape before last year's draft, I was hoping that the Eagles might pick him up because the rest of their linebackers are powder puffs.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:36 am

Mostly German wrote:I've always liked Marvin Lewis but thought that the team has under-achieved for the last few seasons. I also like the philosophy of taking players with spotty pasts and "off field issues" gambling on them straightening up and playing well. One example is that linebacker Vontaze Burfict who is just a beast of a player. As soon as I started seeing him on tape before last year's draft, I was hoping that the Eagles might pick him up because the rest of their linebackers are powder puffs.

Damn, 49ers completely choked during the first quarter. When they started playing like they normally do, in the 3rd qtr, they completely dominated. They should have easily won that game yesterday. The final play calling when the Niners were in the red zone to win seemed a bit odd. But, then again, it's easy to second guess when plays don't work.

I thought it was a great Super Bowl and I thought Beyonce was absolutely amazing. She's one of the sexiest women I've ever seen. My eyes never left the screen. I have to say it was a great performance.

Last edited by FamousDavis on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:10 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:I've always liked Marvin Lewis but thought that the team has under-achieved for the last few seasons. I also like the philosophy of taking players with spotty pasts and "off field issues" gambling on them straightening up and playing well. One example is that linebacker Vontaze Burfict who is just a beast of a player. As soon as I started seeing him on tape before last year's draft, I was hoping that the Eagles might pick him up because the rest of their linebackers are powder puffs.

Damn, 49ers completely choked during the first quarter. When they started playing like they normally do, in the 3rd qtr, they completely dominated. They should have easily won that game yesterday. The final play calling when the Niners were in the red zone to win seemed a bit odd. But, then again, it's easy to second guess when plays don't work.

I thought it was a great Super Bowl and I thought Beyonce was absolutely amazing. She's one of the sexiest women I've ever seen. My eyes never left the screen. I have to say it was a great performance. I'm glad I had a bowl of chips in my lap.

Frisco was out-coached and the quarterback was too nervous. They should have won by two scores. Letting that little Ravens monkey scamper 108 yards in the kick-off return is inexcusable. And on the first play where the QB hit for a 20 yard gain but the play was called back because the idiots lined up illegally, I knew it was going to be a long game for the Niners.

Gee, I "missed" halftime just like I missed the recent Inauguration entertainment. I got up and put the dog out to pee and crap and I started reading another book. After three chapters, I turned on the amp and reverb and played some guitar. The wife was on the internet. Then I heard the dog bouncing against the sliding glass door so I got up and let him in and saw that the lights were out in the Superdome with the announcers saying it would be 20-30 minutes before the lights came back on completely and the game could resume. So I went back and read two more chapters. Then I went back out and sat down waiting for the game to resume and it did and then the Niners started going to town and I figured they should win. There was some talk about the power failure and which team it would help and I said to myself that of course it should help the Niners and that the power failed for precisely that reason. I think that the Vegas Sports Book stood to lose mucho dinero if the Niners didn't cover. Its not like New Orleans ain't Mafia Town. I mean that's where the made boys came from who helped kill Kennedy. The first one, not the little brother. And who else would try to influence the outcome of the game? Means. Motive. Opportunity. Any given Sunday.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:48 pm

Watching a highlights package isn't too bad but trying to watch the whole thing brings back my previous assertion that NFL is the Sumo Wrestling of football. So stop start and no play lasts longer than 30 seconds. And the endless advertising ... disappointed

Agree that Beyonce at halftime was the highlight. Not that I'm a huge fan of her music but she is HOT!!!. She must be the only thunder thighed chick I still find sexy. Probably too skinny for Soonerbs.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:35 pm

FamousDavis wrote:.

I thought it was a great Super Bowl and I thought Beyonce was absolutely amazing. She's one of the sexiest women I've ever seen. My eyes never left the screen. I have to say it was a great performance. I'm glad I had a bowl of chips in my lap.

If it were not for the power outage, Ravens would run a way with a 42-13 winning score...
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:47 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:Watching a highlights package isn't too bad but trying to watch the whole thing brings back my previous assertion that NFL is the Sumo Wrestling of football. So stop start and no play lasts longer than 30 seconds. And the endless advertising ... disappointed

Agree that Beyonce at halftime was the highlight. Not that I'm a huge fan of her music but she is HOT!!!. She must be the only thunder thighed chick I still find sexy. Probably too skinny for Soonerbs.

I agree. 4 hours and 14 minutes for 60 minutes of clock. Start, stops, endless substitutions and advertising.

This whole thing about dain bramage could kill NFL. We'll see.

FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Super Bowl 2013 Empty Enough about the pass interference on the last 49er play.

Post  FamousDavis Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:53 pm

I have been a 49er fan since the age of 10 and I was very disappointed that we couldn't score from the 7 yard line after 4 plays. I was also disappointed that pass interference wasn't called on the final 49er play. HOWEVER, I don't believe the intended receiver would have caught the ball anyway and he probably would have been out of bounds even if he had. So, with that, STFU to everyone who keeps talking about it. It's over. We lost. Time to move on.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:58 pm

FamousDavis wrote:I have been a 49er fan since the age of 10 and I was very disappointed that we couldn't score from the 7 yard line after 4 plays. I was also disappointed that pass interference wasn't called on the final 49er play. HOWEVER, I don't believe the intended receiver would have caught the ball anyway and he probably would have been out of bounds even if he had. So, with that, STFU to everyone who keeps talking about it. It's over. We lost. Time to move on.

It seems to me that whoever was responsible for calling the plays when they were on the 7 should now be seeking employment elsewhere. It was one of the worst offensive chokes I can recall seeing at the worst possible time. The last pass play had not a chance of working. How many times have you seen the Patriots in that same position work a tight end right on the goal line who just turns around and Brady hits him right in the numbers and the dude falls across for a score. And you don't run the ball down there without some sort of backfield motion prior to the snap to disrupt the D line a bit.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:20 am