The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+5
Horseballs
Playa Hata
Mongrel
FamousDavis
tonyj5
9 posters

Are we trying to make this website grow?

tonyj5
    tonyj5

Are we trying to make this website grow? Empty Are we trying to make this website grow?

Post  tonyj5 Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:52 pm

I've noticed that after the initial influx of registered members, it has seemed to stop.
    I have only seen 1 new member in the last couple of weeks.
    Is anything being done to get more people here?
    Is it your intention to keep it small, with just your former GR friends, or do you consider this a temporary site?

I could post the link on my twitter, since I have a very large golf following there, and maybe others could do the same.
    Is their a plan?
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Are we trying to make this website grow? Empty Re: Are we trying to make this website grow?

Post  FamousDavis Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:17 pm

tonyj5 wrote:I've noticed that after the initial influx of registered members, it has seemed to stop.
    Is it your intention to keep it small, with just your former GR friends, or do you consider this a temporary site?

I could post the link on my twitter, since I have a very large golf following there, and maybe others could do the same.
    Is their a plan?

That seems like a good idea to me. Go ahead.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Are we trying to make this website grow? Empty Re: Are we trying to make this website grow?

Post  Mongrel Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Quality over quanitity is always a good thing. Carry on, men. Mongrel out.
    Playa Hata
    Playa Hata

Post  Playa Hata Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:02 pm

Good thinking, Tony. I mentioned spreading the word about the site to other golf forums and it seems at least some here were behind the concept.

Hopefully we can count on you to bring the hot chicks to the party...and by hot chicks I mean chubby Koreans.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:15 am

Playa Hata wrote:Good thinking, Tony. I mentioned spreading the word about the site to other golf forums and it seems at least some here were behind the concept.

Hopefully we can count on you to bring the hot chicks to the party...and by hot chicks I mean chubby Koreans.

Many of them are actually hens although it wouldn't surprise me if a few capon-ized roosters slip through the cracks.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:54 pm

I'm neutral. I certainly don't want to do any work. We need to be able to get the new guys already here to start posting more.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:40 pm

Horseballs wrote:I'm neutral. I certainly don't want to do any work. We need to be able to get the new guys already here to start posting more.

I'm not really sure how to promote the site. Other forums don't allow you to post links to your own golf forum. I guess that makes sense because it's basically spam.

I'm starting to wonder if Larry hasn't slipped in yet under another name. One of the newbies had a post about equipment that was written like a normal person but sort of had that Larry feel to it. The writing style was similar. scratch

We should try to get more people but I really don't know how. Like HB said, I'm certainly not going to mount the effort. I've got too much club ho'ing to do. Some of you guys who keep the same clubs all year should get off your butts and start promoting the site. Tell your playing buddies, your friends and post signs on telephone poles. Put flyers on people's windshields. Do whatever it takes but make sure that I don't have to do anything. flower

Thanks.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:21 pm

My Larry radar has not gone off yet. I don't think that Larry is the type to come in under a different legend. And may not show because some of his GR antagonizers have made the Hajj and set up here. About the only way to attract him would be to start threads about the uselessness of lessons. The waste of good hard-earned money on some plus one vanity capper who went to some trade school so he could learn how to operate the PGA Club Pro software and get a Certificate and get hired as the AP at some canine-trail muni in Arscrack, Arkansas or Del Mar, Kalifornia. Or make a posting about what the optimum shaft length and swingweights are for the 2013 model Whippy Tempomaster.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:06 pm

I'd try but most of the people I golf with don't own or even want computers, cell phones or any of this new stuff. Around here, there are still people with rotary dial phones.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:29 pm

jt1135 wrote:I'd try but most of the people I golf with don't own or even want computers, cell phones or any of this new stuff. Around here, there are still people with rotary dial phones.

I know some people who still have AOL or Earthlink accounts. What's the deal with people who still write checks at the grocery store? Further, why do they painstakenly fill out the check, as if they are going to be graded on their handwriting?

My biggest pet peeve of all time is the lady in line who's digging through her purse to pay with exact change. What is this obsession with human beings that we must get rid of all of our change? Do we feel lighter on our feet or less stressed when we've paid with exact change?

I just put all of my change in a jar at the end of the day and then every once in awhile I'll just use it all at once or put it in one of those change machines at the grocery store. Sure they charge a percentage but it's well worth it to avoid constantly searching for exact change.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:29 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    jt1135 wrote:I'd try but most of the people I golf with don't own or even want computers, cell phones or any of this new stuff. Around here, there are still people with rotary dial phones.

I know some people who still have AOL or Earthlink accounts. What's the deal with people who still write checks at the grocery store? Further, why do they painstakenly fill out the check, as if they are going to be graded on their handwriting?

My biggest pet peeve of all time is the lady in line who's digging through her purse to pay with exact change. What is this obsession with human beings that we must get rid of all of our change? Do we feel lighter on our feet or less stressed when we've paid with exact change?

I just put all of my change in a jar at the end of the day and then every once in awhile I'll just use it all at once or put it in one of those change machines at the grocery store. Sure they charge a percentage but it's well worth it to avoid constantly searching for exact change.

Most of those people grew up in a different era. I still use checks exclusively. Don't have a debit card and don't want one. If places don't accept them, fine, I take my business elsewhere. Its different out here in rural america than the big metro areas. People actually know you when you walk into most of the stores.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:49 pm

jt1135 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

Most of those people grew up in a different era. I still use checks exclusively. Don't have a debit card and don't want one. If places don't accept them, fine, I take my business elsewhere. Its different out here in rural america than the big metro areas. People actually know you when you walk into most of the stores.

Are you kidding me? Every single employee at Golf Mart knows who I am by first name. Same with Golf Galaxy. One guy there calls me "boss".
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:17 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    jt1135 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

Are you kidding me? Every single employee at Golf Mart knows who I am by first name. Same with Golf Galaxy. One guy there calls me "boss".

How about every gas station, grocery store, hardware store, liquor store, bar, department store and most resteraunts in a 20 mile area?
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:24 pm

jt1135 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    jt1135 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

How about every gas station, grocery store, hardware store, liquor store, bar, department store and most resteraunts in a 20 mile area?

I don't go to liquor stores or bars. Why does it have to be a 20-mile radius? Is that the accepted criteria to be considered a "hometown" kind of guy?

What I can tell you is that I am instantly recognized in over 6 different golf stores that exceed a 20 mile radius of where I live and work. I am also well known at two Play it Again Sports and my hairstylist knows me by first and last name.

My private banker is a hottie and the Redbox machine in Stater Brother's Grocery store always says "thank you".
    Boom

Post  Boom Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:54 pm

Aren't there some GR regulars still missing before worrying about new members?

And what's up with these reply windows?

I've been reading some of the treads and you guys are NOT improving with age.

PS- Thanks for trying the lifeboat though... the neglect of GR stands above most inhumane treatment of animals cases.

FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:10 pm

tonyj5 wrote:I've noticed that after the initial influx of registered members, it has seemed to stop.

Is their a plan?

Why haven't you provided us with an update? I thought you had this great plan to bring more members to this site. Or was that all just a bunch of pomp and circumstance? Or whatever.
    Golfaholic

Post  Golfaholic Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:44 pm

The Header Image is too damn high! Err..Big!
    Playa Hata
    Playa Hata

Post  Playa Hata Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:43 pm

Yeah. That pic is a little big. It dominates my entire 24" screen at work. Perhaps FD can find a smaller version, or just zoom in on those ta-tas.

Are we trying to make this website grow? 110942
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:59 am

Playa Hata wrote:Yeah. That pic is a little big. It dominates my entire 24" screen at work. Perhaps FD can find a smaller version, or just zoom in on those ta-tas.

Are we trying to make this website grow? 110942

I know how difficult it can be to use the scroll feature on a computer. How careless of me.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:35 am

I like the large photo format although when I first saw it yesterday, I thought that the site was ill and punched out and back in several times. Finally I scrolled down and realized what was up. Now as I recall the movie, the current site photo is not the best one of her. Perhaps there are some featuring swim suits. Cocktail dresses. Birthday suits.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:00 am

She's still a fine looking woman yet. Definitely doable no doubt about it.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:26 pm

Mostly German wrote:
    Playa Hata wrote:Good thinking, Tony. I mentioned spreading the word about the site to other golf forums and it seems at least some here were behind the concept.

Many of them are actually hens although it wouldn't surprise me if a few capon-ized roosters slip through the cracks.

More of those in the Phillipines and Thailand than in Korea. Just sayin'.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:36 pm

Big Dave wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:

I was just postulatin'. They wouldn't let us into Thailand. We never made land in Korea but sat off the coast of North Korea in '69 with the safeties off the nukes awaiting the "go" signal that never came. Last time I saw the P.I. was around December 12, 1971, when the USAF Reserve C-141 Starlifter they booked me on went wheels-up over Clark Air Force Base north of Manila. Of course about 17 years (one cicada cycle) later, Mount Pinatubo covered that area and others with feet of volcanic ash. In Subic Bay, the locals called them "Benny Boys" and when ever a sailor or marine would leave a bar with a girl the others didn't like, they would say to everybody there that the serviceman just picked up a "Benny Boy" and we would all laugh our asses off.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:12 pm

Mostly German wrote:
    Big Dave wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:

I was just postulatin'. They wouldn't let us into Thailand. We never made land in Korea but sat off the coast of North Korea in '69 with the safeties off the nukes awaiting the "go" signal that never came. Last time I saw the P.I. was around December 12, 1971, when the USAF Reserve C-141 Starlifter they booked me on went wheels-up over Clark Air Force Base north of Manila. Of course about 17 years (one cicada cycle) later, Mount Pinatubo covered that area and others with feet of volcanic ash. In Subic Bay, the locals called them "Benny Boys" and when ever a sailor or marine would leave a bar with a girl the others didn't like, they would say to everybody there that the serviceman just picked up a "Benny Boy" and we would all laugh our asses off.

Spent a year in korea in the early 80's. Saw that they have outlawed prostitution. Bummer. Everybody wants to legislate all the fun out of life.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:55 pm

OK, I've done my part. I just went onto two different forums and posted a link to this forum. But, I also provided the keen insight into golf that everyone who's ever met or heard of me is accustomed to reading. It's not spam if you include some valuable insight along with the URL. I just created that rule.

I'm not sure how else to get the word out there. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. study

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:16 am