The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

2 posters

To All the Golf Pros Out There

Pky6471
    Pky6471

To All the Golf Pros Out There Empty To All the Golf Pros Out There

Post  Pky6471 Sat May 27, 2017 7:33 am

How do U hit your golf ball? I confirm over and over again that I strike a ball purer with TOE DOWN ... How about U?

Happy Memorial Weekend... Enjoy your BBQ
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

To All the Golf Pros Out There Empty Re: To All the Golf Pros Out There

Post  Mongrel Sat May 27, 2017 5:31 pm

Toe down at impact on which plane? On a more vertical plane, it means the heel is off the ground and the shot should squirt to the right. On a more horizontal plane, the clubface would be closed resulting in a pull left. If you hit it straight like that, it means that your swing path is likely fucked up. But when you get as old as we are, who really gives a shit?
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Sun May 28, 2017 5:57 am

Mongrel wrote:Toe down at impact on which plane? On a more vertical plane, it means the heel is off the ground and the shot should squirt to the right. On a more horizontal plane, the clubface would be closed resulting in a pull left. If you hit it straight like that, it means that your swing path is likely fucked up. But when you get as old as we are, who really gives a shit?

Maybe I did not make myself clear... NOT toe down at impact (I would be damn if I could see it) ,,, but toe slightly down at set up when I stand taller , somehow I strike a ball much purer and cleaner... I've seen a few PGA pros who do that , one of them is Steve Strickler , even when putting I could tell the toe of his putter head is DOWN... I can't argue with result , especially for my lousy swing
    BBQ time yet ?
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sun May 28, 2017 12:43 pm

Is this with irons and woods? When you stand taller and the toe seems to be down does this mean that the heel is off the ground or is the club soled flush to the ground? Or is the toe up in your normal stance with the portion of the sole toward the toe off the ground? I assume that with your tall stance, your hands are farther from the ground than with your normal stance and the angle between your forearms and club shaft is less than with your normal stance.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Sun May 28, 2017 2:28 pm

Mongrel wrote:Is this with irons and woods? mostly with driver, 3w , 5W and gaybrids ...  toe down also help my iron as well , but less noticeable  
    When you stand taller and the toe seems to be down does this mean that the heel is off the ground or is the club soled flush to the ground? Or is the toe up in your normal stance with the portion of the sole toward the toe off the ground? I assume that with your tall stance, your hands are farther from the ground than with your normal stance when I stand taller , at setup , my hands are farther away from my semi-fat belly and the angle between your forearms and club shaft is less than with your normal stance that is correct.

To All the Golf Pros Out There 368210

This is what I call Toe Up
    To All the Golf Pros Out There Unname10

--------------------------
    Hey Mongrel, I have 10:03 T-time on Friday 6/2 at Pilgrims Oak bounce
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sun May 28, 2017 7:55 pm

OK. It seems like you generally swing on about the same plane back and through which for consistency, is better than two different planes. So if you are making better contact standing taller, your clubs' soles should be flatter through the shots resulting in more solid and straight hits. If you hit better with the toes in the air at address with your normal stance, you would probably have to "stand up" through your shots with the downswing plane above the backswing plane.

I have to work on Friday otherwise I'd think about coming up to the land of the Amish. I haven't played the Oak in two years.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon May 29, 2017 3:52 pm

I don't know what that is , but I even putt better with toe down , just like Steve Striker

To All the Golf Pros Out There Instru10
    To All the Golf Pros Out There 016010

For some reasons I strike a ball better when both of my feet are quiet and planted  (bigger X-factor as they said, I guess).  The last few rounds I did try to lift my left foot durỉng my backswing and then replant it with my down swing (copy cat of Jack N's move) but that really fukkkkkkked me up , I lost both accuracy and distance... No, that move did not work for me.... Different strokes for different folks

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:03 am