The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

2 posters

KLITSCHKO UPSET BY SEVEN-FOOT ENGLISHMAN!

trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

KLITSCHKO UPSET BY SEVEN-FOOT ENGLISHMAN! Empty KLITSCHKO UPSET BY SEVEN-FOOT ENGLISHMAN!

Post  trombettista_vecchio Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:38 pm

I couldn't believe my eyes, but I should have.

Over the years, I've seen so many of my favorite champs get old overnight. It just happens.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

KLITSCHKO UPSET BY SEVEN-FOOT ENGLISHMAN! Empty Re: KLITSCHKO UPSET BY SEVEN-FOOT ENGLISHMAN!

Post  Mongrel Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:02 pm

I saw somewhere on the net this morning that he lost but had no idea who his opponent was. I will have to watch the re-run. I have not watched any boxing for several years since most of the good bouts are on pay-per-view and this dog don't pay per any view (except for the new movies available on Comcast for $4.99 that the wife and I watch for our "movie night" a couple of times a month. Beats the hell out of going out to theatres to be serenaded by AssBook or Twatter twaddle broadcast from the mouth-breathing hominids that frequent such venues.
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

KLITSCHKO UPSET BY SEVEN-FOOT ENGLISHMAN! Empty Re: KLITSCHKO UPSET BY SEVEN-FOOT ENGLISHMAN!

Post  trombettista_vecchio Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:49 pm

But sometimes, Mongrel, don't you have to splash on some cologne, put on a presentable jacket and tie, and get your ass out of the house?

I have to do that every once in a while just to remind myself of who I once was.

I sure as hell don't need reminding of who I now am at this late point on the trail.

Anyway, most of the pay-per-view fights are put on by either Showtime or HBO, and the week after not spending 75 or 100 bucks to watch the fight, you get to see it for free anyway. Well, it's not totally for free because you paid for the Showtime and HBO, I suppose.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:20 pm

The last time I wore a tie was in 2008 for my father's funeral service. A year before, I got my job at the local government doing eminent domain work and "The Boss" doesn't care if we wear jeans so long as they are not torn or dirty and the shirt has a collar.

We have HBO and SHO anyway. How else are we going to watch our new favorite series "Homeland" and the weekly laugh-hysteria fest that is John Miller, the Brit with the weekly news summary.
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:14 pm

I think you mean John Oliver, but I love that show as well.
    (Will have to catch it On Demand because I watched my Pats lose Sunday night.)

Don't watch Homeland, though.

Rich now, I'm watching The Knick.

Never minded neckties, though. I think that I could tie a Windsor knot before I could tie my shoes properly. Never mastered the preppy four-in-hand knot that was appropriate for school, however, so I used the Windsor for school, dress, and business.

As for formal bow ties. nothing looks cooler late in the evening than a bow tie untied! I learned that like everyone else did-- from Frank and Dino.

Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:06 pm

Oliver, right.

All unbeaten runs come to an end. Although last night it took the collective efforts of the zebras and New York to defeat the Patriots. Never fear, though. Next Sunday afternoon they can have a second Thanksgiving Day feast on my pitiful Eagles.

The Rat Pack was the epitome of cool if you are in our generation. I used to love Las Vegas in the late '50's, 60's and early '70's when la famiglia ruled the town. Safe. Cheap. Fun. Now its like a compressed version of the worst of the American urban sewage pits complete with smog and glommy humidity. Didn't use to be like that.

I had a friend from the San Fernando Valley I met in 1968 who sold Sammy Davis, Jr. his marijuana. Sammy bought cartons of Pall Mall non-filters packed with Acupulco Gold. What a trio. Throw in JFK and his brother in law and some of the paisans and there was more quality p#ssy than you could shake a stick at. Those idiot moslems have no idea what paradise was really like. Alla Who's Snack Bar?
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:49 pm

I couldn't agree more about Vegas, friend.

They were content to make big bucks on the action. Everything else--food, beverage, entertainment--was the biggest bargain possibly in the world.

Then the really big time organized crime took over--the big corporations--and they put the bean counters in charge. Now they want to make every last penny on everything and there's nothing particularly special about the town anymore.

Everything turns to shit eventually, but old Vegas was really something.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 am