The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

3 posters

Stonie upsets Chestnut!!!

trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Stonie upsets Chestnut!!! Empty Stonie upsets Chestnut!!!

Post  trombettista_vecchio Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:50 pm

It seems like yesterday when Joey Chestnut dethroned the great Takeru Kobayashi, then generally regarded as the world's greatest athlete, at the 2007 Nathan's Fourth of July hot dog eating contest. Today Chestnut himself was dethroned by young Matt Stonie who put down 62 franks to Chestnut's 60. Both superstars fell well short of Chestnut's record, 69, however. The bronze medalist never reached forty. It wasn't the strongest possible field.

I remember the notoriety I got for putting away seven chili, cheese, and onion dogs at a beach outing with friends back in 1965. I wasn't trying to max out, of course--it just took seven with a large order of fries and two corns-on-the-cob to handle my appetite that afternoon. What do want? I was young. And I probably had about four beers against a group average probably closer to ten. I was never a big beer drinker.

But these guys are really impressive. FIFA can kiss my ass. The World Cup is nothing compared to the annual shootout at Coney Island.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Stonie upsets Chestnut!!! Empty Re: Stonie upsets Chestnut!!!

Post  Mongrel Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:32 am

World Cup Soccer is on life support. Terminal case of acute Blatter Control Syndrome.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:03 am

trombettista_vecchio wrote:It seems like yesterday when Joey Chestnut dethroned the great Takeru Kobayashi, then generally regarded as the world's greatest athlete, at the 2007 Nathan's Fourth of July hot dog eating contest.  Today Chestnut himself was dethroned by young Matt Stonie who put down 62 franks to Chestnut's 60.  Both superstars fell well short of Chestnut's record, 69, however.  The bronze medalist never reached forty. It wasn't the strongest possible field.

I remember the notoriety I got for putting away seven chili, cheese, and onion dogs at a beach outing with friends back in 1965.  I wasn't trying to max out, of course--it just took seven with a large order of fries and two corns-on-the-cob to handle my appetite that afternoon.  What do want? I was young.  And I probably had about four beers against a group average probably closer to ten.  I was never a big beer drinker.

But these guys are really impressive.  FIFA can kiss my ass.  The World Cup is nothing compared to the annual shootout at Coney Island.

LOL Nice work! Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am