The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

5 posters

Congrats to Jordan S... AGAIN... on winning the US Open

Pky6471
    Pky6471

Congrats to Jordan S... AGAIN... on winning the US Open Empty Congrats to Jordan S... AGAIN... on winning the US Open

Post  Pky6471 Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:32 am

I am happy for him, he worked hard and played hard to win his 2nd major, no one can take that away from Jordan

I feel really bad for Dustin J... IMO DJ handed the trophy to JS on the 18th hole.... it is what it is, I respect DJ for his personality in handling his "not winning" situation , I give him a lot of credit for that
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Congrats to Jordan S... AGAIN... on winning the US Open Empty Re: Congrats to Jordan S... AGAIN... on winning the US Open

Post  Mongrel Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:07 pm

Haven't we all three-putted from twelve feet? I know I have. Less than twelve feet. I was rooting for him or Spieth and glad Jordan won.

Several general observations:

If sand and gravel had been more valuable, perhaps the 115th United States Open would have been held on a real golf course. Any moron knows that in the third week of June, you need to be in a certain type of climate to have decent weather and green grass that looks appropriate for U.S. Open television. This course wasn't it. Brown out be-fescued bumps and knolls and Mars-surface greens are what comes next month over the big pond.

Fox Sports proved that it was the least capable network to provide proper coverage for a major golfing event like the U.S. Open. I mean Corey Pavin is OK. He did at least win a U.S. Open. But Steve Flesch and Brad Faxon? Those two couldn't even draw decent ratings on the Golf Channel.

Dustin Johnson should have won this tournament. It was on Father's Day and the TV showed his not-yet-wife, future father in law that is an NFL icon, eh hoser? And the recently arrived infant. Now TV only showed a few seconds of this baby but it looked like maybe The Ugly Stick tapped its soft little head on the way out. God's way of saying maybe you oughtta getta marrieda before doing dat sprog thang.

I liked that there are train tracks and active trains running along the side of the course.

I predicted to myself that the winner and the close chasers would be young guys in real good condition. Reed is a little overweight but kept up nicely. Colin Montgomerie making the cut and hanging in there on the weekend impressed me.

Thank God maybe now the golf world realizes that Tiger and Phil are on the downhill portions of their careers and it is sort of ashamed that they have more than a year or two to make their Senior Tour transitions.
    Dixon Cox

Congrats to Jordan S... AGAIN... on winning the US Open Empty Re: Congrats to Jordan S... AGAIN... on winning the US Open

Post  Dixon Cox Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:02 pm

He backed into a title. He blew up his chance by destroying his closing round with that double.
    Sure, he made a putt he needed in the end, but recall his fall too.
    At majors, the last holes are the last.
    Weird course.
    Homeslice
    Homeslice

Post  Homeslice Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:47 am

The real question is ,"Did Dustin yip that come backer on 18 because he was all coked up, or did he miss it because he was jonesing for blow?"
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:46 pm

When he missed the eagle putt, which wasn't very long but real tough to make let alone stop close to the hole if missed, he had a "fuck it" moment for the come-backer birdie to force a playoff. I think that he had to take a shit really badly so he missed that one and finished second. Still lots of money and there will always be another day. Hey, maybe later this summer at the PGA. Dustin's favorite venue--Whistling Straits, Farting Hills, Seminal Fluid Glen or whatever the fuck that goat pasture is called. I hope somebody other than Fox telecasts that one. I can't figure out which are worse-- the Occupy (name your venue) folks in Seattle or the Packers fans in Wisconsin. Youda Man. Inda Hole.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:43 pm

I know Jordan Speith and his family. Which is why I knew what would happen well in advance and said so here. Never seen someone so built for athletic success and I've been around the best in three different sports. In fact Ted Ligety and I had lunch at Alberto's the other day. He's pretty stacked mentally too.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:04 pm

I only know him by what I've seen on TV and read on various web sites. Despite his age, he seems to be an old soul with wisdom beyond his years. What a refreshing change from The Era of Eldrick. He reflects well on his parents and his up-bringing and I wish him well. You are fortunate to know them.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 am