The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum


    Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to get needle

    Share
    avatar
    trombettista_vecchio

    Posts : 270
    Join date : 2012-12-15

    Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to get needle

    Post  trombettista_vecchio on Fri May 15, 2015 4:30 pm

    I have no immediate position on this specific case.

    I just know that no civilized nation on the face of the earth--not one--executes criminals anymore. Only countries like North Korea and the United States do that.

    And yet, so many conservative Americans are actually proud that most of the world sees us, with plenty of cause, as shit.

    I think that the US is one of the few places on the planet with food that I like. Other than that, I'm honestly not sure what we've got going for us.
    avatar
    Mongrel

    Posts : 1761
    Join date : 2012-12-04
    Location : The Oort Cloud

    Re: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to get needle

    Post  Mongrel on Sat May 16, 2015 6:34 am

    I don't much care what happens to that kid. The Government fucked up big time years ago letting all those fucking muslims into the country. And allowed the dog-shit-eating nation of islam to breed an army of potential murderers in the US prison system. I say the Goverment should not only allow those who wish to go to Syria to fight with ISIS go but also conscript all the nation of islam members and all other muslim youth in the US to go while providing one-way only transportation. Like the Roach Motel, you go check in but you don't check out.
    avatar
    jt1135

    Posts : 441
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Middle of Nowhere

    Re: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to get needle

    Post  jt1135 on Sat May 16, 2015 7:50 am

    trombettista_vecchio wrote:I have no immediate position on this specific case.

    I just know that no civilized nation on the face of the earth--not one--executes criminals anymore. Only countries like North Korea and the United States do that.

    And yet, so many conservative Americans are actually proud that most of the world sees us, with plenty of cause, as shit.

    I think that the US is one of the few places on the planet with food that I like. Other than that, I'm honestly not sure what we've got going for us.

    Guessing when you say civilized world, you mean Europe with all of its socialist countries.

    Isn't it amazing, that if most of the world sees us as shit, who do they come running to for help?
    avatar
    jt1135

    Posts : 441
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Middle of Nowhere

    Re: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to get needle

    Post  jt1135 on Sat May 16, 2015 8:14 am

    Being a devout socialist, don't you feel hypocritical when you drive your Cadillac to the soup kitchen or food shelf to help feed the masses?
    avatar
    trombettista_vecchio

    Posts : 270
    Join date : 2012-12-15

    Re: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to get needle

    Post  trombettista_vecchio on Sat May 16, 2015 1:12 pm

    jt1135 wrote:Being a devout socialist, don't you feel hypocritical when you drive your Cadillac to the soup kitchen or food shelf to help feed the masses?

    Socialists can be assholes too!
    avatar
    jt1135

    Posts : 441
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Middle of Nowhere

    Re: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to get needle

    Post  jt1135 on Sat May 16, 2015 7:29 pm

    trombettista_vecchio wrote:
    jt1135 wrote:Being a devout socialist, don't you feel hypocritical when you drive your Cadillac to the soup kitchen or food shelf to help feed the masses?

    Socialists can be assholes too!

    Just like any one else.

    avatar
    Kiwigolfer

    Posts : 477
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : A land downunder

    Re: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to get needle

    Post  Kiwigolfer on Tue May 19, 2015 1:13 am

    Indonesia recently executed 9 people including two young Australian drug smugglers by firing squad! If you oppose the death penalty for that piece of murdering scum than how do you feel about a couple of young, naive kids being put to death by firing squad? They were only 19-20 years old when they committed the crime.
    avatar
    jt1135

    Posts : 441
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Middle of Nowhere

    Re: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to get needle

    Post  jt1135 on Tue May 19, 2015 6:36 am

    Kiwigolfer wrote:Indonesia recently executed 9 people including two young Australian drug smugglers by firing squad! If you oppose the death penalty for that piece of murdering scum than how do you feel about a couple of young, naive kids being put to death by firing squad? They were only 19-20 years old when they committed the crime.

    They were over 18 and that makes them adults responsible for their own actions. I'm seriously wondering of the actual intelligence that would make them try something so stupid in a country that is known for the punishment they hand out for narcotics smugglers. Seems like a case of culling the herd.

    I've done a lot of dumb things in my life and knock on wood, I'm still walking the planet. Point a gun at a cop you're gonna get shot, saying bomb on a plane is a nono, yelling fire in a crowded movie theatre won't make your day either. Sometimes people actually have to use their heads for other things then wearing a hat backwards or keeping their ears apart.
    avatar
    Mongrel

    Posts : 1761
    Join date : 2012-12-04
    Location : The Oort Cloud

    Re: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to get needle

    Post  Mongrel on Tue May 19, 2015 10:19 am

    Indonesia's population is over 90% muslim. Muslim governments around the globe do no care for drugs in their countries and death penalties for drug smugglers are common. So anyone contemplating taking drugs into one of those countries should consider the risks. Taking in quantities in excess of what could be considered adequate for personal consumption is almost suicidal. Sort what we have here is Darwinism working the way Charles knew it would. Next.
    avatar
    trombettista_vecchio

    Posts : 270
    Join date : 2012-12-15

    Re: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to get needle

    Post  trombettista_vecchio on Tue May 19, 2015 3:58 pm

    Kiwigolfer wrote: If you oppose the death penalty for that piece of murdering scum than how do you feel about a couple of young, naive kids being put to death by firing squad?

    Remember my view of the universe, Kiwi---everything in it, beginning with my own person, is no more than the random confluence of sub atomic particles. (By the way, scum is a young kid too.)

    Free will is a faith concept that has never been demonstrated scientifically. Without proof of free will, there can be no proof of guilt. Without proof of guilt, there can be no grounds for punishment.

    I don't believe in punishment. I believe in rehabilitation if practical and humane euthanasia if not. Lengthy sentences in brutal prisons are not rehabilitation. Execution is not euthanasia. The American justice system is an embarrassment to any American with a three digit IQ. Unfortunately, that doesn't include many of my countrymen. What does one expect from a nation of immigrants who couldn't cut it where they came from?

    I don't ever get called for jury duty anymore because I personally hung two juries in criminal cases and was probably flagged by the state.

    As for Islam, I disrespect all theocratic religion and profoundly hate Islam. I'm not even very tolerant of my own ethnic Catholicism. When people like Father Joe Drinan and Ted Kennedy were the political faces of American Catholicism, I was content to call myself an agnostic. When the faces became Rick Santorum and Paul Ryan, I hardened quickly into militant atheism. I hate them at least as much as any towel head because they're a more direct threat to me.

    avatar
    jt1135

    Posts : 441
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Middle of Nowhere

    Re: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to get needle

    Post  jt1135 on Tue May 19, 2015 8:03 pm

    trombettista_vecchio wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote: If you oppose the death penalty for that piece of murdering scum than how do you feel about a couple of young, naive kids being put to death by firing squad?  

    Remember my view of the universe, Kiwi---everything in it, beginning with my own person, is no more than the random confluence of sub atomic particles.  (By the way, scum is a young kid too.)

    Free will is a faith concept that has never been demonstrated scientifically. Without proof of free will, there can be no proof of guilt. Without proof of guilt, there can be no grounds for punishment.  

    I don't believe in punishment. I believe in rehabilitation if practical and humane euthanasia if not.  Lengthy sentences in brutal prisons are not rehabilitation. Execution is not euthanasia.  The American justice system is an embarrassment to any American with a three digit IQ. Unfortunately, that doesn't include many of my countrymen. What does one expect from a nation of immigrants who couldn't cut it where they came from?

    I don't ever get called for jury duty anymore because I personally hung two juries in criminal cases and was probably flagged by the state.

    As for Islam, I disrespect all theocratic religion and profoundly hate Islam.  I'm not even very tolerant of my own ethnic Catholicism. When people like Father Joe Drinan and Ted Kennedy were the political faces of American Catholicism, I was content to call myself an agnostic.  When the faces became Rick Santorum and Paul Ryan, I hardened quickly into militant atheism.  I hate them at least as much as any towel head because they're a more direct threat to me.


    Guessing you aren't an indian so you must be one of those immigrants you are talking about. Actually figured you to be a Tammany Hall offspring.
    avatar
    trombettista_vecchio

    Posts : 270
    Join date : 2012-12-15

    Re: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to get needle

    Post  trombettista_vecchio on Wed May 20, 2015 7:17 pm

    I don't exclude myself from the fucked-up gene pool, jt.  I just get discouraged by the number worse than I.


    I do at least have a triple-digit IQ... a rather ordinary 138 is what usually came up.
    avatar
    Kiwigolfer

    Posts : 477
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : A land downunder

    Re: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to get needle

    Post  Kiwigolfer on Wed May 20, 2015 8:12 pm

    jt1135 wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:Indonesia recently executed 9 people including two young Australian drug smugglers by firing squad! If you oppose the death penalty for that piece of murdering scum than how do you feel about a couple of young, naive kids being put to death by firing squad? They were only 19-20 years old when they committed the crime.

    They were over 18 and that makes them adults responsible for their own actions. I'm seriously wondering of the actual intelligence that would make them try something so stupid in a country that is known for the punishment they hand out for narcotics smugglers.  Seems like a case of culling the herd.

    I've done a lot of dumb things in my life and knock on wood, I'm still walking the planet.  Point a gun at a cop you're gonna get shot, saying bomb on a plane is a nono, yelling fire in a crowded movie theatre won't make your day either.  Sometimes people actually have to use their heads for other things then wearing a hat backwards or keeping their ears apart.

    I agree to a point but then young men often think they're invincible and it won't happen to them. Also they are easily lead into these crazy ideas by the promise of making a quick buck. It must seem like a lot of cash at the time but it's insignificant when weighed up against a lifetime behind bars or worse the death penalty.

    I had a young American guy approach me and my then girlfriend in a cafe in Kathmandu. He made some small talk then asked where we were heading after Nepal. When I told him we were traveling to Bangkok. He then asked me "If I would mind taking a stuffed bunny with me as part of a school project for his 8 year old niece?" I immediately thought "Stuffed with what?" Suspect

    I just told him we had no room for extra luggage and left it at that but a more gullible person might have fallen for his plan. Maybe he was genuine? Who knows? No way I was taking a chance though. Eff that!

    As for the death penalty I'm not in favour of it generally but there are exceptional circumstances where it is appropriate (serial killers, pedophile/child killers etc) and in this case I think it is appropriate.


    Sponsored content

    Re: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to get needle

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:41 am