The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

5 posters

Hey FD, What's wrong with this...

Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Hey FD, What's wrong with this... Empty Hey FD, What's wrong with this...

Post  Poe4soul Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:50 pm

Is it just my browser or does this section sort threads alphabetically? javascript:emoticonp('drunken')

Last edited by Poe4soul on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Golfaholic

Hey FD, What's wrong with this... Empty Re: Hey FD, What's wrong with this...

Post  Golfaholic Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:36 pm

Poe4soul wrote:Is it just my browser or does this section sort threads alphabetically? javascript:emoticonp('drunken')

Considering this is suppose to be a Golf Club Review section, it was probably intentional.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:42 pm

Golfaholic wrote:
    Poe4soul wrote:Is it just my browser or does this section sort threads alphabetically? javascript:emoticonp('drunken')

Considering this is suppose to be a Golf Club Review section, it was probably intentional.

Makes sense but then FD or someone has to in the time to manage it. It really doesn't make sense for the way it's being used.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:43 pm

I had purposely set up the folder so that it would sort alphabetically, rather than by latest post. The idea was that this would be the golf equipment review section and if someone was interested in a particular golf club they could easily find it when everything is sorted alphabetically. In a few days I'll probably move a bunch of the non-equipment related posts over to the Golf Discussion or non-golf discussion folder. I'm still not sure if assless chaps should stay or not.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:51 pm

FamousDavis wrote:

I had purposely set up the folder so that it would sort alphabetically, rather than by latest post. The idea was that this would be the golf equipment review section and if someone was interested in a particular golf club they could easily find it when everything is sorted alphabetically. In a few days I'll probably move a bunch of the non-equipment related posts over to the Golf Discussion or non-golf discussion folder. I'm still not sure if assless chaps should stay or not.

Be careful there FD, the power of the mod can corrupt the best of them. Remember Teeessseeee? Sure you do.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:02 pm

Poe4soul wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

Be careful there FD, the power of the mod can corrupt the best of them. Remember Teeessseeee? Sure you do.

Please. I'm talking about keeping the golf equipment review folder free of any threads that don't pertain to golf equipment review. That's hardly a case of abusing one's power.
    Golfaholic

Post  Golfaholic Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:03 pm

Poe4soul wrote:
    Golfaholic wrote:

It really doesn't make sense for the way it's being used.

You're one of the ones to blame! Wink
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:38 pm

Golfaholic wrote:
    Poe4soul wrote:
    Golfaholic wrote:

It really doesn't make sense for the way it's being used.

You're one of the ones to blame! Wink

Assigning blame, really? Here - LOL.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:27 pm

I just changed the format so that each thread is sorted by the most recent post. If you don't like it we can go back to alphabetical. Let the people speak.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:31 pm

FamousDavis wrote:I just changed the format so that each thread is sorted by the most recent post. If you don't like it we can go back to alphabetical. Let the people speak.

I don't care either way but if it is going to be about golf club reviews then we need some guidelines for naming the thread so they make some sense. Otherwise you're just going to get a mish·mash of shit that will serve little service to anyone...
    Golfaholic

Post  Golfaholic Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:06 pm

Poe4soul wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:I just changed the format so that each thread is sorted by the most recent post. If you don't like it we can go back to alphabetical. Let the people speak.

I don't care either way but if it is going to be about golf club reviews then we need some guidelines for naming the thread so they make some sense. Otherwise you're just going to get a mish·mash of shit that will serve little service to anyone...
    FD can always just edit the thread title to what he wants. People will fuck it up no matter how much you explain it to them.

FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:28 pm

Um, OK. Let's say I'm going to start a review for the Ping i15 irons. I should use the following for the thread topic: "Ping i15 irons".

You don't need to include the quotation marks.

I hope that was simple enough for even the dumbest of people.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:29 pm

Golfaholic wrote:
    Poe4soul wrote:

FD can always just edit the thread title to what he wants. People will fuck it up no matter how much you explain it to them.

Duh, GH. That was my response to your first post on this thread. Mod's will have to edit reviews.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:52 pm

I just changed it back to alphabetical and then moved the reviews of things other than golf equipment to one of the two other categories.
    Golfaholic

Post  Golfaholic Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:55 pm

Poe4soul wrote:
    Golfaholic wrote:
    Poe4soul wrote:

Duh, GH. That was my response to your first post on this thread. Mod's will have to edit reviews.

Then why are you asking about guidelines for naming a thread!? ArrgghhH!!!!!
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Golfaholic wrote:
    Poe4soul wrote:
    Golfaholic wrote:
    Poe4soul wrote:

Then why are you asking about guidelines for naming a thread!? ArrgghhH!!!!!

To your surprise, many of us are capable of following basic instructions.

You really have little confidence in your fellow man. It must be your recent training.
    Olderplayer
    Olderplayer

Post  Olderplayer Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:57 pm

Alphabetical is good.
    Golfaholic

Post  Golfaholic Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:52 am

Poe4soul wrote:

To your surprise, many of us are capable of following basic instructions.

You really have little confidence in your fellow man. It must be your recent training.

Hah! If that were true, I wouldn't have a job!!

You don't realize how stupid people actually are until you deal with them all day, for doing stupid things.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:21 am

Olderplayer wrote:Alphabetical is good.

Agreed. For a review section alphabetical is ideal.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 am