The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum


    Just bought a Bradington-Young leather sofa

    Share
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Just bought a Bradington-Young leather sofa

    Post  FamousDavis on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:18 am

    ...off of Craigslist for $500. It was used as furniture in the sale of a high-end home. This sofa is the bomb. If taken care of it should last me a lifetime.

    When purchasing a leather sofa it is always wise to get the high end stuff. The cheap stuff from Macy's won't last more than a few years.

    I'm so happy with my couch.
    avatar
    Mongrel

    Posts : 1770
    Join date : 2012-12-04
    Location : The Oort Cloud

    Re: Just bought a Bradington-Young leather sofa

    Post  Mongrel on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:42 pm

    Maybe the seller got it from a mini-storage facility auction. I've watched a lot of the episodes of "Storage Wars" over the past few years. Its set in southern California. Your turf. Sometimes they go up north or out east into the desert towns. I like to watch it because sometimes they go to places I've been although they all look different now. Way different than 1975 which is the last time I was in California. Anyway, sometimes there is nice furniture in those lockers.
    avatar
    Lorenzzo

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Park City, UT

    Re: Just bought a Bradington-Young leather sofa

    Post  Lorenzzo on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:40 am

    I've had chances in the past to acquire used sofas but I was concerned about come stains. That stuff won't completely clean off leather. At the very least you ought to swab the sofa and have it tested for STDs.
    avatar
    trombettista_vecchio

    Posts : 286
    Join date : 2012-12-15

    Re: Just bought a Bradington-Young leather sofa

    Post  trombettista_vecchio on Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:12 pm

    I'm not a sofa guy, although I've got a couple in my crib.

    I've gone through countless recliners throughout my adult life, though. My present principle chair is mocha-colored leather and motorized. It stands me up so I don't have to strain myself. I'm even a little older than mongrel, after all.
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Re: Just bought a Bradington-Young leather sofa

    Post  FamousDavis on Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:50 am

    Lorenzzo wrote:I've had chances in the past to acquire used sofas but I was concerned about come stains. That stuff won't completely clean off leather. At the very least you ought to swab the sofa and have it tested for STDs.

    I had it cleaned and waxed with a fine shammy.
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Re: Just bought a Bradington-Young leather sofa

    Post  FamousDavis on Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:53 am

    trombettista_vecchio wrote:I'm not a sofa guy, although I've got a couple in my crib.

    I've gone through countless recliners throughout my adult life, though. My present principle chair is mocha-colored leather and motorized.  It stands me up so I don't have to strain myself.   I'm even a little older than mongrel, after all.

    I'm guessing you need more than just a mechanical chair to get erect.
    avatar
    trombettista_vecchio

    Posts : 286
    Join date : 2012-12-15

    Re: Just bought a Bradington-Young leather sofa

    Post  trombettista_vecchio on Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:43 am

    FamousDavis wrote:

    I'm guessing you need more than just a mechanical chair to get erect.  [/quote]

    My girlfriend is many years my junior, FD, and even she's old enough to scarcely care!
    avatar
    Kiwigolfer

    Posts : 477
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : A land downunder

    Re: Just bought a Bradington-Young leather sofa

    Post  Kiwigolfer on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:52 am

    trombettista_vecchio wrote:


    I'm guessing you need more than just a mechanical chair to get erect.  

    My girlfriend is many years my junior, FD, and even she's old enough to scarcely care!

    The quote function has always troubled you hasn't it Nifty.
    avatar
    trombettista_vecchio

    Posts : 286
    Join date : 2012-12-15

    Re: Just bought a Bradington-Young leather sofa

    Post  trombettista_vecchio on Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:21 am

    Kiwigolfer wrote:
    trombettista_vecchio wrote:


    I'm guessing you need more than just a mechanical chair to get erect.  

    My girlfriend is many years my junior, FD, and even she's old enough to scarcely care!

    The quote function has always troubled you hasn't it Nifty.

    Only when I try to edit in it.  People my age, you must remember,  found the IBM Selectric typewriter to be life-changing.
    avatar
    Pky6471

    Posts : 849
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Between DC and NY

    Re: Just bought a Bradington-Young leather sofa

    Post  Pky6471 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:31 pm

    FamousDavis wrote:...off of Craigslist for $500.  It was used as furniture in the sale of a high-end home.  This sofa is the bomb.  If taken care of it should last me a lifetime.  

    When purchasing a leather sofa it is always wise to get the high end stuff.  The cheap stuff from Macy's won't last more than a few years.  

    I'm so happy with my couch.  

    not bad price for high-end leather sofa... they should last forever unless abused. All my high-end leather sofas are from SCAN ... very high quality leather
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Re: Just bought a Bradington-Young leather sofa

    Post  FamousDavis on Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:47 pm

    Pky6471 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:...off of Craigslist for $500.  It was used as furniture in the sale of a high-end home.  This sofa is the bomb.  If taken care of it should last me a lifetime.  

    When purchasing a leather sofa it is always wise to get the high end stuff.  The cheap stuff from Macy's won't last more than a few years.  

    I'm so happy with my couch.  

    not bad price for high-end leather sofa... they should last forever unless abused.  All my high-end leather sofas are from SCAN ... very high quality leather

    SCAN is decent. However, if you want a true leather sofa then you need to purchase one that's made in Carolina. Yes, I am a leather sofa snob and proud of it.
    avatar
    Kiwigolfer

    Posts : 477
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : A land downunder

    Re: Just bought a Bradington-Young leather sofa

    Post  Kiwigolfer on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:51 am

    trombettista_vecchio wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:
    trombettista_vecchio wrote:


    I'm guessing you need more than just a mechanical chair to get erect.  

    My girlfriend is many years my junior, FD, and even she's old enough to scarcely care!

    The quote function has always troubled you hasn't it Nifty.

    Only when I try to edit in it.  People my age, you must remember,  found the IBM Selectric typewriter to be life-changing.

    Very Happy
    avatar
    Mongrel

    Posts : 1770
    Join date : 2012-12-04
    Location : The Oort Cloud

    Re: Just bought a Bradington-Young leather sofa

    Post  Mongrel on Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:20 am

    trombettista_vecchio wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:
    trombettista_vecchio wrote:


    I'm guessing you need more than just a mechanical chair to get erect.  

    My girlfriend is many years my junior, FD, and even she's old enough to scarcely care!

    The quote function has always troubled you hasn't it Nifty.

    Only when I try to edit in it.  People my age, you must remember,  found the IBM Selectric typewriter to be life-changing.

    I learned a bit of typing in high school. Then in the USN, I again learned to type on a 1906 Royal. 40 wpm. At the time, the Selectric was the greatest technological innovation for those of us earning their keeps with written words.
    avatar
    Pky6471

    Posts : 849
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Between DC and NY

    Re: Just bought a Bradington-Young leather sofa

    Post  Pky6471 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:51 am

    FamousDavis wrote:
    Pky6471 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:...off of Craigslist for $500.  It was used as furniture in the sale of a high-end home.  This sofa is the bomb.  If taken care of it should last me a lifetime.  

    When purchasing a leather sofa it is always wise to get the high end stuff.  The cheap stuff from Macy's won't last more than a few years.  

    I'm so happy with my couch.  

    not bad price for high-end leather sofa... they should last forever unless abused.  All my high-end leather sofas are from SCAN ... very high quality leather

    SCAN is decent.  However, if you want a true leather sofa then you need to purchase one that's made in Carolina.  Yes, I am a leather sofa snob and proud of it.

    Furniture made-in-Carolina , in general very good, if you go with high end like Henredon brand... otherwise their furniture style is too old for my taste. When I say SCAN , I mean high end SCAN stores , NOT IKEA which is disposable furniture for dorm and apartment. Ethan Allen is known for high-end furniture but not for me, too-old furniture style
    avatar
    jt1135

    Posts : 441
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Middle of Nowhere

    Re: Just bought a Bradington-Young leather sofa

    Post  jt1135 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:08 am

    Mongrel wrote:
    trombettista_vecchio wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:
    trombettista_vecchio wrote:


    I'm guessing you need more than just a mechanical chair to get erect.  

    My girlfriend is many years my junior, FD, and even she's old enough to scarcely care!

    The quote function has always troubled you hasn't it Nifty.

    Only when I try to edit in it.  People my age, you must remember,  found the IBM Selectric typewriter to be life-changing.

    I learned a bit of typing in high school. Then in the USN, I again learned to type on a 1906 Royal. 40 wpm. At the time, the Selectric was the greatest technological innovation for those of us earning their keeps with written words.

    I also learned in high school in the very early 70's. The typewriters they had were half electric and half manual. The girls got the electrics of course. After learning on a manual the first time with an electric was an eye opener. Used to really hammering the keys and go to the other one was frustrating as you always had about five of the same letters from one key stroke.

    Now is the time for every good man to come to the aid of his country.
    avatar
    Mongrel

    Posts : 1770
    Join date : 2012-12-04
    Location : The Oort Cloud

    Re: Just bought a Bradington-Young leather sofa

    Post  Mongrel on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:26 am

    The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog's back 1234567890 times.

    Learning on such an antiquated machine can really build up your speed. Like practicing with a weighted golf club or running with weights on your ankles. There were times in the heat of battle off the coast of RVN that I could jam the keyboards of the teletype machines we used. They were 100 wpm models. Of course the amphetemines helped
    avatar
    Lorenzzo

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Park City, UT

    Re: Just bought a Bradington-Young leather sofa

    Post  Lorenzzo on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:30 pm

    Pky6471 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    Pky6471 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:...off of Craigslist for $500.  It was used as furniture in the sale of a high-end home.  This sofa is the bomb.  If taken care of it should last me a lifetime.  

    When purchasing a leather sofa it is always wise to get the high end stuff.  The cheap stuff from Macy's won't last more than a few years.  

    I'm so happy with my couch.  

    not bad price for high-end leather sofa... they should last forever unless abused.  All my high-end leather sofas are from SCAN ... very high quality leather

    SCAN is decent.  However, if you want a true leather sofa then you need to purchase one that's made in Carolina.  Yes, I am a leather sofa snob and proud of it.

    Furniture made-in-Carolina , in general very good, if you go with high end like Henredon brand... otherwise their furniture style is too old for my taste.  When I say SCAN , I mean high end SCAN stores , NOT IKEA which is disposable furniture for dorm and apartment. Ethan Allen is known for high-end furniture but not for me, too-old furniture style
    As everyone knows or should know… truly high-end and stylish leather furniture comes exclusively from Italia. American leather products generally lack style and are most appropriate for garage locations.
    avatar
    Mongrel

    Posts : 1770
    Join date : 2012-12-04
    Location : The Oort Cloud

    Re: Just bought a Bradington-Young leather sofa

    Post  Mongrel on Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:01 pm

    Only a very few know that the best leather comes from Corinth. Hardly any of you are old enough to remember the fine upholstery found in the extremely limited production automobiles provided for the discerning transpo minority back in the mid '70's-- the Le Baron. And the corporate spokesman Ricardo Montalban waxed eloquently on the benefits of "...reech Coreeenthian lay-thur.." Properly optioned with black paint, carpet and vinyl top, the capstone was the svelte blood red Corinthian leather interior. Truly upscale Parisian brothel on four wheels.
    avatar
    jt1135

    Posts : 441
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Middle of Nowhere

    Re: Just bought a Bradington-Young leather sofa

    Post  jt1135 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:09 pm

    Mongrel wrote:Only a very few know that the best leather comes from Corinth. Hardly any of you are old enough to remember the fine upholstery found in the extremely limited production automobiles provided for the discerning transpo minority back in the mid '70's-- the Le Baron. And the corporate spokesman Ricardo Montalban waxed eloquently on the benefits of "...reech Coreeenthian lay-thur.." Properly optioned with black paint, carpet and vinyl top, the capstone was the svelte blood red Corinthian leather interior. Truly upscale Parisian brothel on four wheels.

    De plane boss!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Just bought a Bradington-Young leather sofa

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:27 pm